Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Bake Pad Recommendation Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 11:29 PM
joeTurbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bake Pad Recommendation Please

Stock rear pads are shot, after 6000 miles and about 8 track sessions. Fronts are still about half worn.

Debating if I should replace the rears with stock pads, and keep running the half worn fronts (I assume it would not be a good idea to mix two different pad types on the front and back on this car given its tail happy tendencies).

If I switch both fronts and backs, can someone please recommenmd the best setup for combination street and medium duty track use ie. friendly tracking - no racing. Are the Pagid pads noticeably better at braking distances and control than the stocks?
Thanks
Old 11-01-2008, 12:10 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Braking distance is determined more by the tires than the pads - once you lock up (or are into ABS), it's the tires slowing you down, not the pads.

I've yet to find that magic pad for these calipers. I too desire a better street friendly / track friendly pad. For the GT3 it looks like all we have to pick from are hard core race pads or the OEM. I'm running Pagid 29s now and while they are great on the track, they squeal like a school bus here in the cold northeast.

If you aren't glazing up or fading out from heat issues, I'd stick with the OEMs...
Old 11-02-2008, 11:14 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should do a thread search on this because I know we have had a lot of comments about the different pads and peoples experience with them. Generally the OEM pad is not a bad compromise. If you want track performance then go with a racing pad like the 29's.

Quick Reply: Bake Pad Recommendation Please