Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

7 GT3 RS's are really tough...ask me how I know!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:40 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 7 GT3 RS's are really tough...ask me how I know!!

was on my way to pick up my son for our day of treking around in the RS and as I was tooling at about 70 mph in the inside lane of the parkway, a loose, mongrel dog launched itself out of the center median grass and smashed into the drivers' side of my car!! The sound the impact made was sickening! caught a look at the dog in my rearview mirror (why do we call it rearview? do we ever use them to look forward?) and the poor thing was spinning in a helicopter fashion in the lane behind me....before the next car came up on him; it got itself up and bolted back across the grass median and across three more lane of traffic going the opposite direction.

My hands were shaking and I pulled off at the next exit (no side berm to pull onto around here on the parkways)....got out and prepared myself for the worst and BEHOLD.....not a dent, scratch or blemish....I could only assume that he hit the wheel and bounced off or the front end, being low enough, scooped him up and out of the way like a cow catcher on an old locomotive train engine.

I took a spin back down the parkway to see if I could find him and aid it if it was injured but there was no sign of it....weird...that impact should have vaporized it.

these cars are really tough.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:44 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

[

these cars are really tough.[/QUOTE]

sounds like that dog was pretty tough, too!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:46 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
Talking dags

and gentle at the same time by the sounds of it
Old 11-02-2008, 11:17 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW,

When I was 17 I was backing the car out of the garage and ran over a kitten. I was stunned and didnt know what to do so I put it back IN the garage running over the cat again. I got out and the kitten was stunned but still alive and lived after that. It was a 73 toyota wagon and weighed about 1400 pounds.

Quick Reply: 7 GT3 RS's are really tough...ask me how I know!!