Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rick DeMan saves the day....again

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008 | 03:01 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rick DeMan saves the day....again

so I am putting back on my cheer leader skirt (a guys gotta have fun, ya know...)
and relate a little story for you all.

some may recall I was having problems with the front end of my GT3's suspension after hitting some uneven pavement very hard....snapped both front dogbones and had a progressive, increasingly loud, grinding sound from the front end during slow speed manuevers.

since car was under warrantee; I took it to the dealer who shall remain un- named however, they are a LEGEND in their own minds here in NY and they have the dubious distinction of having the worst, most LEGENDary service dept. in Porsche and Audi circles in these areas....

after a three day period, the so-called master technicians could not diagnose or treat the problem, thus they collectively decided to change out one front bearing and call it a day without testing the car.....I gave them and the dealer a few choice opinionated words and bailed.

Took the car to DeMan's and within five minutes of test driving the car, he had diagnosed it correctly as damaged teflon bushings at the top of the front shocks within the camber plates....both plates and realignment completed in one day and the car is better and tighter than new!!!

As far as I am concerned; there is only one true Master Porsche Technician in the NYC area and his LEGEND continues to grow every day....no one else will ever touch my GT3 or RS ever again........Thanks, Rick!!

(gonna take off the cheerleader skirt now....but leaving the thong on....feels kinda nice)
Old 10-24-2008 | 10:02 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I second that!

Had my car up at Monticello Motor Club this past weekend (and today ) and had a clutch issue come up on the way home. Called Rick on a Sunday afternoon...he got right back to me and the car was dropped off that night.

I had it back with a new master and slave cylinder by Wed and ready for the track again today.

Deman rocks...
Old 10-24-2008 | 11:41 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes he's very knowledgable. I've never had any use for that legendary/multi brand stealer.
Old 10-25-2008 | 11:14 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick DeMan and Emma went the extra mile for me on a set of front rotors for my GT3.
Old 10-26-2008 | 12:01 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to check out their shop and meet him and his crew, heard tons of great things...

Quick Reply: Rick DeMan saves the day....again