Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Can anyone help me with a list of 997 GT3 TSB announcements?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can anyone help me with a list of 997 GT3 TSB announcements?

seem to recall one in particular regarding front shocks...my dealer is useless and I have a progressively decaying issue with unusual "groaning/grinding" sounds coming from my front end under low/slow speed conditions while coming to a stop and very pronounced during turns and very sick sounds from the steering rack as well...

any ideas? ....as my less than capable dealer techs are at a loss for a solution other than changing one bearing even though I requested both as a prophylactic measure

tia
Old 10-17-2008, 12:42 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Leif,

The only TSB I saw on Renntech that sounded like the issue you describe was for the 996 GT3. There are 10 TBS posts about the 997 GT3, but none of them sounded like your issue. Loren usually keeps the TSBs up to date.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:46 PM
ashish
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leif- I had a progressively deteriorating grinding noise up front too - especially evident when making low-speed 90 degree+ turns with windows down. Sounded awful and I was worried it was steering rack. Turns out the underbody brake ducts were smashed and grinding. This is on my 997TT with Bilsteins, GMG sways and a mild drop. My repair guys ended up replacing the ducts and I think filed them down a bit too to reduce the risk it happens again. I think GT3 and GT3 RS both have bigger/more aggressive ducts so maybe...

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me with a list of 997 GT3 TSB announcements?