Track seats for GT-3

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Ron Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track seats for GT-3

I just purchased Euro GT-3 seats for my 997S. The car has a rollbar and harnesses. They will eventually end up in a 997 GT-3 next year.

Being fixed-back seats, I find then uncomfortable after about a 1/2 hour driving and I want to find a seat with a tilting back that still can handle sub-belts and harnesses.

The only seats that I have heard of with tilting backs are Euro GT-2 seats (too expensive) and Recaro Speeds (I just sold a set 6 months ago, big mistake)..

My question: Does anyone know of any reasonable options in a slotted tilt-back seat? Would you consider the Recaro Speed seats appropriate for a GT-3?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:26 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Since when does the Recaro speed has an opening for crotch belt (5 or 6th points)?? You're only option in my book are GT2 seats.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm fairly certain that the GT2 seats do not tilt back...just forward.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 09-17-2008, 10:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
I'm fairly certain that the GT2 seats do not tilt back...just forward.
correct.
the seatback is NOT adjustable. it leans forward so you can access the rear for storage.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Ron Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

There is a Recaro Speed model that has a crotch belt opening. I had a pair and sold them (mistake).
Old 09-18-2008, 08:45 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've researched this as well and the Recaro is the only seat I've found that does what you are looking for. The GT2 seat is beautiful and if it "fits" your sitting position, can be perfect. But, it doesn't tilt back. The Recaro Speed 5 has a sub-belt slot, but they suggest a 5-point just because there's not that much room (per the literature). I'm guessing a call to HMS will get you all of your answers.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
I've researched this as well and the Recaro is the only seat I've found that does what you are looking for. The GT2 seat is beautiful and if it "fits" your sitting position, can be perfect. But, it doesn't tilt back. The Recaro Speed 5 has a sub-belt slot, but they suggest a 5-point just because there's not that much room (per the literature). I'm guessing a call to HMS will get you all of your answers.
I second that. I installed my own GT3 seats into my C2S and am an expert in installing them now because of the number of times I have had them in and out of the car. They could have done everything in a ton less time than I spent, including the drive. They will also have all of the little pieces that you will need along the way, saving you from having your car apart waiting for something you did not know you needed until you took everything apart.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:34 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

I put Recaro Topline Sports in. They are heated, air ventilated, recline, fold forward,have lumbar pump and suede centers. They do sit slightly higher than stock GT3 seats, but are very comfortable on my 4 hour drives to the track.
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Cohn
I just purchased Euro GT-3 seats for my 997S. The car has a rollbar and harnesses. They will eventually end up in a 997 GT-3 next year.

Being fixed-back seats, I find then uncomfortable after about a 1/2 hour driving and I want to find a seat with a tilting back that still can handle sub-belts and harnesses.

The only seats that I have heard of with tilting backs are Euro GT-2 seats (too expensive) and Recaro Speeds (I just sold a set 6 months ago, big mistake)..

My question: Does anyone know of any reasonable options in a slotted tilt-back seat? Would you consider the Recaro Speed seats appropriate for a GT-3?
FYI AFAIK the Gt2 seats do not change their seatback angle, I believr
they only fold fwd to facilitate access to the rear area ...

before binning the 996 GT3 seats try getting the Brey Krause 996 GT3 seat
mounts (www.ogracing.com) they will allow you to both lower the seat
itself ... and it has two bolt holes at the back that would allow you to
'recline' the seat some ...

- Larry
Old 09-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Ron Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

I orderred the B-K bracket.

Quick Reply: Track seats for GT-3