Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What's A Fair Price For My Cobalt Blue GT3 ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 01:57 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcourt
I will give you 90k today
Thanks!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:06 PM
AndreCT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Options list please ?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Features include: rare Cobalt Blue metallic paint, Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package, GT3RS Lightweight Flywheel & GT3RS Clutch, Self Dimming Mirrors & Rain Sensor, Thicker Steering Wheel, Clear Bra on full Hood/Fenders/Rear Qtrs, Black Alcantara Seats, front bumper screens, the usual PW, PS, PDL, PASM, etc.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:49 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You asked, so here's my opinion coming from somebody that recently bought a slightly used 2007 in the Northeast... I basically paid 10% off list and the car came with CPO, oil change and brake fluid change. DME report was perfect as was the car (no nicks, dings, body work, etc.) Car burns no oil, has no leaks, issues, etc. Too bad your car wasn't for sale a few months ago - I loved the Cobalt on my 997S and was looking for another.

There are many cars listed for sale, but that doesn't reflect what they are actually closing for. Maybe eBay "completed auctions" will give you a sense of two things - what people are letting them go for and what people are willing to bid (usually very different numbers). Take a look at the white one with PCCB, Adaptive seats, xenons, etc. - probably listed for almost $125k and the "buy it now / best offer" is $117k. There's another one with PCCB and a starting bid of $110k with zero bids and the auction ends today - there are several with no bidding. There is one that has a buy-it-now of $116k and the bidding is stalled at $100k (ends today). There's a GT3 in TX with a buy-it-now for $109k. When you look at completed listings, it appears the "market" is willing to go as high as $100-113k for a GT3 with varying sticker prices. As others have suggested, if you want to sell now, consider $10k off sticker (no premium) - that should be enough to entice a buyer.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:59 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Thanks to all.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:44 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

You asked, so here's my opinion coming from somebody that recently bought a slightly used 2007 in the Northeast... I basically paid 10% off list and the car came with CPO, oil change and brake fluid change. DME report was perfect as was the car (no nicks, dings, body work, etc.) Car burns no oil, has no leaks, issues, etc. Too bad your car wasn't for sale a few months ago - I loved the Cobalt on my 997S and was looking for another.

There are many cars listed for sale, but that doesn't reflect what they are actually closing for. Maybe eBay "completed auctions" will give you a sense of two things - what people are letting them go for and what people are willing to bid (usually very different numbers). Take a look at the white one with PCCB, Adaptive seats, xenons, etc. - probably listed for almost $125k and the "buy it now / best offer" is $117k. There's another one with PCCB and a starting bid of $110k with zero bids and the auction ends today - there are several with no bidding. There is one that has a buy-it-now of $116k and the bidding is stalled at $100k (ends today). There's a GT3 in TX with a buy-it-now for $109k. When you look at completed listings, it appears the "market" is willing to go as high as $100-113k for a GT3 with varying sticker prices. As others have suggested, if you want to sell now, consider $10k off sticker (no premium) - that should be enough to entice a buyer

+1
I spent the last 1.5 year looking intensively for a GT3 and bought one 1 month ago. You color should move fast if you ask 10K under sticker, but you might hold out for someone who is willing to pay more for that color as there are not that many.

Quick Reply: What's A Fair Price For My Cobalt Blue GT3 ???