Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Chin spoiler source - recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:31 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chin spoiler source - recommendations?

oh, just thinking its about time to get a few chin spoilers for the RSs. the blk blk RS, no matter how hard i try, has a subtle propensity to find driveway high spots. nothing worrisome, or troubling, and i wont replace it till it really is aesthetically nasty or falls of...
but where's the right place to get them? i do like supporting local shops, but then again, they thumbed their nose at me when i asked for an RS at msrp way back when.....so who are the good, caring online dealers that i should contact...what do they sell for? not suggesting anyone is payin gthe bills on my Rs chin spoiler tab, but would be nic eto get a good relatonship going with knowledgeable service-oriented dealers...

and if anyone has a part #...i believe

RS Chin Spoiler -- 997-505-983-93

RS Extension -- 997-505-996-90

and, lastly, i read a bunch of posts up here (yes, i did do a search) regarding compatability of the Cup spoiler. some said it was compatiable, some said it wasnt. this was quite a bit ago, like ealry to mid 2007 were some of the last posts... any thoughts or updated experiences on whether a cup spoiler works, is more desireable? longer lasting?

thx in advance.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:16 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,051 Likes on 575 Posts

yes the cup spoiler works and it's better for the following reason alone-

it's more flexible, therefore when it scrapes (as they all will) it bends and slides instead of taking the scrape directly. my cup chin spoiler gets scraped all the time, and I've put 4000 miles on it with a lot of those being track...it looks like it's only scraped one time, but that would probably wax right off... the regular splitter will get literally torn apart in 4-10 scrapes.

I believe that it's also cheaper.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:32 PM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts

C.J. Where did you source this? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:18 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,051 Likes on 575 Posts

you can get them from carnewal.com, gmgracing.com, and probably from farnbacher loles, TRG, or any of the other cup car teams that sells parts
Old 09-07-2008, 06:27 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GMG Racing might still have the CUP ones for $150.00
Old 09-07-2008, 01:31 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are goig with an on line/out of town purchase, I would suggest picking up 2 of them at the same time to save on freight...

I bought from GMG a few months back... $50 freight to Seattle... ground...
Old 09-07-2008, 07:14 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 340Elise
GMG Racing might still have the CUP ones for $150.00
The last two that I got were $175 each. Still much better $$$ than the stock.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

can one remove the front chin spoiler temporary?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
can one remove the front chin spoiler temporary?
Takes about 5-10 minutes to remove and replace.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like your in NJ, as I am I ordererd one from Farnbacher they stock all except the cup with the ducts. They can have either type shipped UPS from there shop or Porsche Motorsports directly to you.

I have heard there is a carbon fibre also that they stock but I think it would end up looking really bad after a few scrapes.

It's an easy install, but if you take a ride up to CT I am sure they will throw it on while you wait.

I had the cup without the ducts installed and as CJ mentioned it's much more forgiving it also looks better IMO a little bolder blends in with the RS bumper fine etc.

Originally Posted by spg993tt
oh, just thinking its about time to get a few chin spoilers for the RSs. the blk blk RS, no matter how hard i try, has a subtle propensity to find driveway high spots. nothing worrisome, or troubling, and i wont replace it till it really is aesthetically nasty or falls of...
but where's the right place to get them? i do like supporting local shops, but then again, they thumbed their nose at me when i asked for an RS at msrp way back when.....so who are the good, caring online dealers that i should contact...what do they sell for? not suggesting anyone is payin gthe bills on my Rs chin spoiler tab, but would be nic eto get a good relatonship going with knowledgeable service-oriented dealers...

and if anyone has a part #...i believe

RS Chin Spoiler -- 997-505-983-93

RS Extension -- 997-505-996-90

and, lastly, i read a bunch of posts up here (yes, i did do a search) regarding compatability of the Cup spoiler. some said it was compatiable, some said it wasnt. this was quite a bit ago, like ealry to mid 2007 were some of the last posts... any thoughts or updated experiences on whether a cup spoiler works, is more desireable? longer lasting?

thx in advance.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:41 PM
scss98
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone post a pic of the cup spoiler on an RS? I thought the holes are needed for brake cooling? Cup spoilers do not have them?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

you gotz a photo???

Originally Posted by rop3
Looks like your in NJ, as I am I ordererd one from Farnbacher they stock all except the cup with the ducts. They can have either type shipped UPS from there shop or Porsche Motorsports directly to you.

I have heard there is a carbon fibre also that they stock but I think it would end up looking really bad after a few scrapes.

It's an easy install, but if you take a ride up to CT I am sure they will throw it on while you wait.

I had the cup without the ducts installed and as CJ mentioned it's much more forgiving it also looks better IMO a little bolder blends in with the RS bumper fine etc.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,582 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
Takes about 5-10 minutes to remove and replace.
it doesn't even take that long ... under a minute to pull it off!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,582 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by scss98
Can anyone post a pic of the cup spoiler on an RS? I thought the holes are needed for brake cooling? Cup spoilers do not have them?
there are 2 cup spoliers from Porsche Motorsport, the US one that has no brake ducts and one from europe that does.

Although a number of people claim that you dont need the ducts, I wanted to be better safe than sorry and ordered the euro ducts from FVD.US ... I htink they were around 150ea.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:19 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

once you get the 2 screws (one on each corner near the tire) out, should i pull down and away, or up and away. whast the best way to release the spoiler from the snaps,clips?

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
it doesn't even take that long ... under a minute to pull it off!

Quick Reply: Chin spoiler source - recommendations?