Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Chin spoiler source - recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
you can get them from carnewal.com, gmgracing.com, and probably from farnbacher loles, TRG, or any of the other cup car teams that sells parts
The US sources such as TRG and GMG will probably only have the US cup spolier which does not have the brake ducts, you will have to source the european ducts in order to get ones with the ducts ...

I got mine from FVD.us but you can also probably get them from carnewal too.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spg993tt
once you get the 2 screws (one on each corner near the tire) out, should i pull down and away, or up and away. whast the best way to release the spoiler from the snaps,clips?

I didn't even have screws in mine ... but once you have your out start at one end or the other next to the tire liner/wheel well and start progressively pulling at each tab ... I believe "out and down" to be correct since the "tab" on the spolier lip a wedge-like tip on it, wedge "down" which catches on the backside of the slot in the bumper into which it "slots" ...

hope that helps
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

once you get the 2 screws (one on each corner near the tire) out, should i pull down and away, or up and away. whast the best way to release the spoiler from the snaps,clips?
No snaps or clips - just start at either end and pull straight out towards you - use both hands about 6" apart
Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lawjdc
No snaps or clips - just start at either end and pull straight out towards you - use both hands about 6" apart
h'mm I thought there was a little "lip" on the end of the tab, but as you say it is easily overcome with some judicious pressure.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:43 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Here you go got some scrapes on it but it takes a lot more than the original. I have the cup with ducts in my office may swap it. But they recomended this one for more downforce. I think it looks better also. With shipping cost around $170 local dealers can not sell.

Picked up some Mcguires plastic polish but have not tried it yet, just figure it's a consumable part and replace every few months. I almost went for painted when ordering the car can not see how anybody would do that.

you gotz a photo???
Attached Images    
Old 09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

I would run the cup spoiler on the street also, but the stock spoiler just barely clears the driveway angle - so I swap it out for the cup spoiler when I get to the track
Old 09-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I use my cup spoiler on both the street and track. My car is not lowered, but I scrape the spoiler routinely. It looks like it has been in the ring for 12 rounds with Mayweather, but it is quite flexible and can take the abuse. Plus, it is a disposable item and when it gets to a certain point, I'll just buy a new one.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:33 PM
RaiderDoc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried the cup spoiler on a non RS GT3? Different hole settings?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RaiderDoc
Should work the same.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RaiderDoc
works fine on my GT3
Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
works fine on my GT3
+1
Old 09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default Photos of the two chinspoilers, Cup vs. stock RS spoilers

kind of funny how easy it is to take of the chinspoilers once you know whats going on. i assume, based on everone's posts, that i can just leave those two screws/bolts off, the ones that afix the spoiler on the corner near the wheel wells? without those, its cake city.

the green car i had scuffed nicely the spoiler when i originally bot it and unloaded it from the hauler. that spoiler came off like butter baby, just simple as could be...bing bang boom and it was off, a breeze.

So i ordered a fwe of the Cup Car splitters. Like everyone has said, it is a far more "flexible" material. far more flexible and bendable than the stock RS splitter. i held each of them in my hand, balancing them on my finger right in the center. the RS didnt bend at all kept its rigid position. the Cup Spoiler nearly bent in half, sagging on both sides. thats good. more flexible material will gie when you strike something rather than staying stiff and getting hammered. the less hammering the better as that will also keep the energy from transmitting to the bumper where paint could get disturbed.

And the Cup spoiler went on CRAZY easy. the tabs i think are different they are far less pronounced, probably because Cup car track guys are snapping them off the cars when loading and unloading, and tearing through them.

And the Cup spoiler looks really nice. a bit beefier, lower to the ground, more flare to the outside edges, for more wind deflection, more aerodynamic.
And they are cheaper. Got a few from a place not too far away for $125.00 each, which was good since shipping can get costly quick. And i wanted to ensure 100% they were 100% compatible on my stock RS. They were. Awsome.

Here are some photos...
Attached Images      
Old 05-29-2011, 07:00 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Post is back from the dead.

So what is the procedure for pulling the stock one off. My cup lip is coming from FVD this week.

The screws on the corners are out. However, do you pull up and out or down and out? Haven't attempted this yet.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:03 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 755 Posts

Just pull straight out, pull hard, you can't go wrong. on and off is less then 10 seconds work. Easy peasy.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:04 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Cool. I'm going out in the garage to manhandle it now

Quick Reply: Chin spoiler source - recommendations?