Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 PM
RS 197
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Stradale/GT3 Owners

I have the F car bug agian...

Love the GT3 will always have one...

My question to you car nuts... Stradale.....

Any comparisons to the 997 GT3?
Is the car as good as they say?
How much different is it than the 360?
What is your take on the paddle shifter? ( love my 360 6 Speed )
Any of you guy's know of any good cars for sale?

I thought I would ask the experts. The majority of the F Car guy's, rarely drive their cars, other than to the local cars and coffee....

Thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS 197

I thought I would ask the experts. The majority of the F Car guy's, rarely drive their cars, other than to the local cars and coffee....

Thanks in advance

If you gotta have an F, I think the Strad is a great call. A classic for sure. It won't out perform a GT3 at much, but we buy these things for many reasons.

If you just want an occasional F-car blast, the Strad is very tough to beat.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,254 Likes on 610 Posts

I love the strad. performance wise it's more like a standard 430 than a 360. interior in my opinion is gorgeous, wish Porsche made something like that (besides a CGT).

equal drivers- 997gt3 will be faster around a circuit. why? well you can check the top gear episode where it's just as fast as a 996GT3RS- and the 997 is faster, slightly...but all three of the cars are so close it really comes down to the driver (maybe 1.5 seconds or so).

here's the thing- a 360CS looks and sounds like 3 victoria's secret models having an orgy together.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
3 victoria's secret models having an orgy together.
what a lovely mental image ... thank you for that
Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
RS 197
Pro

here's the thing- a 360CS looks and sounds like 3 victoria's secret models having an orgy together.[/QUOTE]

I can live with that thought....

How about the Paddles... You like them.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

On the models? YES!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:34 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by earlyapex
On the models? YES!
+1
Old 09-03-2008, 10:41 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
a 360CS looks and sounds like 3 victoria's secret models having an orgy together.
Nah, it's better and cheaper than the models. Besides, when I'm done with it I still want to look at it
Old 09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default Gt3 all day

had a stradale, drove it a good bit. have had a gt3 and an RS or so.

in my opinion, the stradale is an exceptional car, really rare, great to look at , awsome presentation of the engine and the interior is nasty raw. sounds wicked.

but end of day, how i did infact spend my money, how i would do it again...i'd be all over the GT3 in lieu of the Stradale.

First, i think the gt3 handles far better. i foudn the stradale to be, well, jerky-ish in terms of transmitting power to the wheels. hot and cold , hot and cold. it would scream forward, but the F1 shifts werent that smooth, and a bit difficult to get used to. maybe a LOT more time and i woudl have figured it out. its how i felt in whaling in the turbo. it would take time to master the timing of the turbo surge which i didnt like but was something i got used to.
i find that Gt3 engine as linear and smooth as any engine out there, very easy to understand what its going to give you at any given moment.
the visibility out of a Gt3 is about 9x better than the strad.

and durability of the gt3 is , i think, far above that of the strad. when and if you have issues, you're not beholden to the local ferrari shop to squeeze you in for a $4000.00 visit. the gt3 is much more approachable.

but the strad is awsome. powerful, raw and rare. its gorgeous and sounds great. but if i had to choose one, it would be a german car.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
prg
Pro

I have deep seller's remorse for my strad.
I have no seller's remorse for my 997GT3RS. It was faster and more practical than the Strad, but didn't provide the same subjective joys as the strad. Great steering feel. Great turn in. The strad F1 box has more appropriate, closer ratios than the 7 gt3. I thought I'd rather have a stick, but the strad F1 box convinced me I was wrong. Very nicely balanced chassis with a mild bit of understeer to keep you out of trouble. Great brakes that never went into "ice mode" on the track. The engine note is the best I've ever heard out of a street car (with the stock exhaust!). Don't drive one if you don't want to buy one.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:42 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

I must say, Stradale has been on my list of car's to own, and well at the TOP because of it's sheer sexiness/beauty and raw nature (a la Porsche GT cars) and why it would be my ferrari of choice (within affordable limits)

Thing is, I can't get over the maintenance costs and I feel I would stare at it 10x more then track or drive it.. I mean it took me a while to warm up to using my RUF R-GT2 to it's potential too, now i'm having a blast in it and still take care of it so who knows. All things to think about, what will the uses be for?

GT3 is definitely the quicker car in every aspect, both have the soul, both are beauties. Strad just has an aura around it that sucks you in, I literally am in love with it.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:42 AM
TripleM
Racer

Dunno bout where u guys are from but CS in Singapore has very good resale value
Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 AM
DM1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have both an 7 RS and a CS. If your looking at resale value, CS all the way. Love my 6spd RS but the F1 on the CS is much easier all around. The sound of the CS is unmatched even by the 430S. The RS is faster but I don't track eather so I don't care.

You are also talking about two different price ranges.

Good Luck!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:15 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

let's be honest, if you have enough money or enough other vehicles you can drive the F-cars just as hard...you're just gonna need a lot of lube when they hand you the bill. I really don't mind paying to maintain a car that I drive hard (such as an RS, or a cup car, etc) but it's really the length of time lost while it's in the shop.

triple M- here in USA asking price about $175-190*k for a CS from what I've seen, while a 997GT3 goes for 110-120* and an RS from 135-160*.

*roughly- ( in great shape with either necessary mods or well optioned)
Old 09-04-2008, 02:35 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default CS i iknow to be of high high quality

Not suggesting a car to buy, BUT....i can tell you taht the Stradale that i sold was really really nice. I paid pretty well for it, and upon getting it, did the full enchilada A to Z with FoCNJ, the 5k mile full service. pulled the butterfly valves so it would roar a bit more. 3m , new battery, all campaign (cute word those italians use for recall/warranty issues) getting all things updated to current;
Frickin' thing is perfecto, just awsome.
Ray @ RPM bot it from me on a trade and i can tell you he paid really well for the car. I think the market has fallen a good bit since then.
but with those cars, if you dont ahve a recent/good servicing, figure 5 to 8k to get that done. and of course, if you want the best.

its on his site. i have zero ,i mean zero financial or other interests remaining in that car. he owns it. i have cash. i just know it personally to be absolutely perfect because , well, it was. for someone looking for a nice one there you go. as for pricing,i cant speak to that.

his site is rpmsportscars.com

Originally Posted by RS 197

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Help!! Stradale/GT3 Owners