Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Help!! Stradale/GT3 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 03:46 PM
RS 197
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guy's for the great input. I am hooked. I am currently looking, will keep you in the loop when the trigger is pulled.

Thanks agian....
Old 09-04-2008, 04:11 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

A Ferrari is a wonderfull thing to have if you can afford it. Just looking at it and listening to it is incredible. My 997TT is a better car but the Ferrari is much more entertaining.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a whole bunch on ebay and elsewhere. i think motorcars international had a few. and the prices have definately come in. when i bot mine, i looked at a few sub8k mile cars that were 190, 195, 200. i found mine through Ray in North Dakota i think it was. it was a disaster finding a hauler to get it out of that state.
but it was 1300 miles and worth it.

here's the good news, its definately a buyers' market and supply is coming on line. u dont need to jump, make sure you get what you want. another one comes, another goes. and then you do pull the trigger, you're gonna LOVE that thing. its a mean tiger.

enjoy.

Originally Posted by RS 197
Thanks guy's for the great input. I am hooked. I am currently looking, will keep you in the loop when the trigger is pulled.

Thanks agian....
Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
josh_o
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't do it Joey. Get a CGT instead. The Stradale has quite possibly the worst transmission of any car I've owned. It's simply awful. The Scuderia and 599 have a much improved version. It's also sorely lacking in torque. In real world passing situations its slow. It also weighs more than Ferrari quotes and makes less horsepower (see old FChat threads). No doubt the CS looks and sounds good but it's weak in other areas.

Josh
Old 09-04-2008, 06:19 PM
RS 197
Pro

Originally Posted by josh_o
Don't do it Joey. Get a CGT instead. The Stradale has quite possibly the worst transmission of any car I've owned. It's simply awful. The Scuderia and 599 have a much improved version. It's also sorely lacking in torque. In real world passing situations its slow. It also weighs more than Ferrari quotes and makes less horsepower (see old FChat threads). No doubt the CS looks and sounds good but it's weak in other areas.

Josh
I figured you would chime in... CGT still on the brain. I have a Hotel to finish first, then ready on that front.
I have the itch for a Pizza wagon. If I can buy one right, I will pull the trigger...

Thanks for the devils advocate. I am in no hurry, needs to be the right car.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM
josh_o
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know of two perfect super low mile CGTs available; Black and Seal Grey. Skip the Stradale, you'll hate it. Its easily the most overrated car of the decade.

BTW, did Smithy mention that your former 993 RS is for sale at Aston Martin New England?

PS Tell Wolford to get a real car.

Hope all is well with you.

Josh
Old 09-05-2008, 02:23 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by josh_o
I know of two perfect super low mile CGTs available; Black and Seal Grey. Skip the Stradale, you'll hate it. Its easily the most overrated car of the decade.

BTW, did Smithy mention that your former 993 RS is for sale at Aston Martin New England?

PS Tell Wolford to get a real car.

Hope all is well with you.

Josh
Wow holy ****, maybe it's just the front it puts on that I LOVE so much... I mean it's rawness is what captivates my soul, as well as elegance/looks, hmmm...
Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 PM
tmario
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll chip in my 0.02 ....

I drove my CS at Lime Rock (repaved/classic circuit) a few weeks ago and just came back from driving my RS under the same conditions. I was shocked to find I was much faster in the CS about 3 secs to be exact 1:04 vs 1:07. [both street tires in fact both corsas) CS sound was glorious as well.

That said, I don't think I'll take it on the track again. Whereas I loved the RS on the track, I found the CS a bit more difficult to handle (perhaps I was more on the edge). This was my first time with a mid engined road car on the track. so that didn't help. The CS was more balanced and I could play with the throttle a bit easier but the RS was more predictable and I felt safer (I have the cage and full harness and seats in mine). In addition the RS felt more solid for a long term vehicle. [I know some of the previous statement seems contradictory, but it is what it is...]

They are similar cars in concept so I am not sure I would keep both long term. I was just offered a 430 Scuderia (at a... ahem, not crazy price). Financially, it might make sense to trade in the CS and RS to get it, but in the end I don't think I would part with the RS so I am in a bit of a pickle on that choice.

Mario
Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

only sell the RS if you want to regret that move for the rest of your life, or until such time as you remedy the mistake by buying another (not a bad option).
RS all day.
Originally Posted by tmario

I drove my CS at Lime Rock (repaved/classic circuit) a few weeks ago and just came back from driving my RS under the same conditions. I was shocked to find I was much faster in the CS about 3 secs to be exact 1:04 vs 1:07. [both street tires in fact both corsas) CS sound was glorious as well.

That said, I don't think I'll take it on the track again. Whereas I loved the RS on the track, I found the CS a bit more difficult to handle (perhaps I was more on the edge). This was my first time with a mid engined road car on the track. so that didn't help. The CS was more balanced and I could play with the throttle a bit easier but the RS was more predictable and I felt safer (I have the cage and full harness and seats in mine). In addition the RS felt more solid for a long term vehicle. [I know some of the previous statement seems contradictory, but it is what it is...]

They are similar cars in concept so I am not sure I would keep both long term. I was just offered a 430 Scuderia (at a... ahem, not crazy price). Financially, it might make sense to trade in the CS and RS to get it, but in the end I don't think I would part with the RS so I am in a bit of a pickle on that choice.

Mario
Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

mario- the 430 scud is a phenomenal car!

main benefit of the 3RS on track is that the chin spoiler and brake ducts save most of your nose and undercarriage in the event of an Off-Track Excursion...and they cost about 400 bucks for all the pieces.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:34 PM
tmario
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that deal....I scraped up my front bumper underneath and a small rub on a rocker on the CS getting it on/off my trailer and its going to cost me $3500
Old 09-05-2008, 03:18 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by tmario

Mario
Mario awesome man.. Fact being, these car's are high price car's, and just fantastic on and off the track, they really stir the soul.. On the track though, it's very hard to exploit their true potential without in the back of your mind some fear, even people with infinite money aren't stupid, it's human nature.

I pulled a 1:06 in an E46 M3 BONE STOCK around limerock, ringing it out, I couldn't dare drive my RUF GT2 to the same degree I did the M3, but it's still a ton of fun in these cars.

I would love to check out your stradale/RS sometime, but mainly the Stradale since I am very interested into getting one still, if you are ever free on a Sunday or something drop me a PM!

Martin
Old 09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

both cars are past their prime

i had 8 strads so i must like them but face it, they're slow have no torque and are dated looking. no mech grip as someone touched on but they sound great and look cool

i sold my last 3 for 220-225 and now 5 k cars are in the 180's so they're a better deal. but 430's are getting hammered also and are faster and more useful

and 997 gt3's --- what a POS RMS leaks and other design flaws as well as a terrible ride on bumpy mountain and freeway roads. good track cars for three laps until the pulley bolt breaks i had one and it sucked

gt2's will be cheap soon, and in the modern world a basic 997 is fast enough since you cant really use anything faster unless you live in NV

if you got a choose one of the 2, get a strad, at least it wont be in for repairs all the time
Old 09-06-2008, 12:04 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

watt I've got to say I haven't ever seen anyone eviscerate cars via rennlist as decisively as you do- I do agree that the RMS issue is really a third tit on the GT3, and that depreciation is both a blessing and a curse on these modern cars.

I drive my RS all the time, and have about 2500-3k track miles on it- no issues. I'd love to add a CS to the stable but that's mainly because it's pretty and sounds nice, I'll be fast enough on track with it to have fun.

btw- what cars do you like from P and F? seems you sell everything??
Old 09-06-2008, 12:05 AM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scuderia! that's the one...everything else is just make believe.

Quick Reply: Help!! Stradale/GT3 Owners