Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Black Orange RS partially de-oranged, thought you might like...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:14 PM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 80 Posts

That looks great with black wheels.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:20 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a silver. its an awsome car. its sooo much nicer in person thanin photos. artic has always been my favorites along with Polar and Horizon blue, etc. stuff that shimmers. and the orange is really nice. classy classy car. there are some that love it, and that car fetched really good money at the time about a year ago or so. you'd love it. always am poking around and searching for a nice silver. there arent many out there. long term, once the hoopla over green and orange die down a bit, i think silver will be more appreciated by the masses, if that mattered..
but, ultimately, its an expensive car and you should get the very color you love. they do pop up. gotta have patience, but time seems to be going the way of the buyers these days are prices have been falling.

max's registry, and a cars.com search yielded some good stuff.

Originally Posted by allegretto
I'm back to looking at RS's (street Cup) and I saw an Orange/Silver. It looks really good in person. Kind of becoming fond of that combo. I think it has better staying power than the more outrageous ones. But it's all a matter of taste after all.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

negative. my car is an 2008, factory 3x black car, all stock no mods. i think the the GT3Nut car , which i thought about buying, was a great deal, a great car. but it was a black orange i believe, and then Cage or someone along the way blacked out the stuff.

my car originated at hilton head porsche. i had a chance to get it new, mso. i passed. was a bit sinister and the market was up there in that 35/40 range for the whites, greens and ,w ell this car. it went to florida, that guy Patrick Richardt's group owned it. he hawked it up here for a while, nooone moved on it. and then someone told me about it, that a deal could be made, i bought it from for, well, still a lot, but a chunk less than original. so glad i did.

fyi, some call those decals "ghost" or grey. you cant see them at all. i mean, if im right on the car at a wierd angle, but i am directly across the street, in sunlght, it looks flat black. i likey that. its a black mazda let them think. but for some, those gt3RS decals are a lure. i think it would look even better with the decals a shade lighter. i think the nicholas cage car went that route.

love the sinister look, but man, i forgot how much i dislike black cars for showing every smudge , mooshed bug and gooey substance you pick up whaling at excessive speeds.

Originally Posted by allegretto
is that the Nick Cage car GT-3 Nut had?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:58 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

cars.com got a load of gt3rs examples. 136k-199k!

Quick Reply: Black Orange RS partially de-oranged, thought you might like...