Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

I took the GT2 home today!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:15 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Guys!!!!! I must tell you this car is everything I have ever wanted in a sports car. This is the real deal... the steering is almost telepathic, the engine is fantastic and those seats.... oh my!!! This car is night and day better than my turbo. I liked my turbo but it was missing something and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, now I know exactly what it was... rawness. I really missed the noise and feeling of my modified C4S, now I have it back only better... much better. This is by far the best automobile I have ever driven, it will be hard to top this one. I am still grinning form ear to ear. I don't tend to hold onto cars for very long but this one I can see myself owning for a long long time. Again thanks for all the kind words.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I just test drove the 997tt for the second time. I agree with you - it was missing something, I left feeling that I should have loved the car but I honestly did not. I don't know if it was the turbo motor I did not like, or the AWD. I have a 997C2 and 996GT3. I think I need a 997GT2! Hard to find one to test drive though. I would appreciate any more comparisons with the turbo since you have/had both cars. Congtats on your new car.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:12 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Riz
I just test drove the 997tt for the second time. I agree with you - it was missing something, I left feeling that I should have loved the car but I honestly did not. I don't know if it was the turbo motor I did not like, or the AWD. I have a 997C2 and 996GT3. I think I need a 997GT2! Hard to find one to test drive though. I would appreciate any more comparisons with the turbo since you have/had both cars. Congtats on your new car.
dude i am sorry to say ... other than the side vents.. there is no comparison have had them both i can say that 997 gt2 so far beyond the 997 TT( well yes the both have motors in the back.....) i did not like the heavy feel of the front end in my TT .. i tracked it one weekend and was so simple and numb to drive... but in fairness i was also tracking my cup car that weekend

Quick Reply: I took the GT2 home today!!!!!