Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

thinking of letting her go 997 GT3 5k miles no track new wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 07:13 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

CP you know Merritt pretty well? I will keep my mouth shut after this for awhile till I get my back fixed.
Then I will risk my marriage for another GT. Question is what will be available??
Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
CP you know Merritt pretty well?
Paul,

Merritt = Charlize Theron+Mother Theresa. From the few times that we met, she is just an incredibly understanding and engaging lady. You are a blessed man.

So....when can I hitch a ride in that Veyron?

CP
Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW Paul, I mean't to share this on this post, since it covers a lot about back pain with you and Jack. Here is what I had done. (I've shared it before with you)
http://www.zimmerspine.com/z/ctl/op/...65/template/PC

It isn't for everyone, but it's improved my quality of life quite a bit. I'm still active, work out, run my glider daily and now I'm using a inversion table after each run on the glider. I still have some pain of course, but, my back has only been really bad one time since I had the surgery. (and that had to the be day before the birth of my daughter!) Anyway, racing and DE's aren't a problem. The worse thing about it is the stiffness in the low back area and a little daily pain. But, nothing compared to what I was going through before. It was miserable.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It is miserable. My wife has thought I was going to go on a medical out.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:49 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow paul, congrats on the amg 63. i knew we had to keep a connection somehow. i have a s63 in silver.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:54 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jenk
I thought that I could get one in silver, but then I thought "what color is Jenks Jersey?" BLACK

So I got Black and I had em put lil' birds in the headrests.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

CLK63 black series?
the only mbz beside gull wing, 600 pullman, amg 500E that's any good.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:01 AM
frayed
Race Car

Paul,

Good move with the GT3. You know my feelings on the subject from our offline discussions; it's only a car and sometimes developments outside the car world trump Porsche ownership. For me, it was the desire to spend discretionary money on the family, on something we all could enjoy. We closed on a modest vacation property on the water (North Padre Island; TX Gulf Coast) with the $$ freed up by the sale of the GT3. It's proving to be a wise swap as its opened a whole new world to us. So much so that I somewhat regret spending the dough on the 964 Turbo b/c cars aren't a primary focus/obsession for me anymore.

You can always buy a GT3 again (hopefully after the RMS issue has run its course).

Jack,

You mentioned that inversion tables are less safe than an alternate disctraction method. What's the problem with inversion? I bought one and use it once a week to keep my back in check; works great for me but I only spend 10 minutes, 1x week.

Cheers,
Old 08-21-2008, 11:23 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Jeff
Mooty dont tell Gary yet but I got the baby black AMG
I couldnt go another 30K that was part of the reason to bail.
the money.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:26 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,237 Likes on 607 Posts

C63? That should be a monster Paul.

BTW Jeff when is the official Rennlist Spring Break GTG at your place? I'm sure you have the telescopes setup already...
Old 08-21-2008, 12:02 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frayed
Paul,

Good move with the GT3. You know my feelings on the subject from our offline discussions; it's only a car and sometimes developments outside the car world trump Porsche ownership. For me, it was the desire to spend discretionary money on the family, on something we all could enjoy. We closed on a modest vacation property on the water (North Padre Island; TX Gulf Coast) with the $$ freed up by the sale of the GT3. It's proving to be a wise swap as its opened a whole new world to us. So much so that I somewhat regret spending the dough on the 964 Turbo b/c cars aren't a primary focus/obsession for me anymore.

You can always buy a GT3 again (hopefully after the RMS issue has run its course).

Jack,

You mentioned that inversion tables are less safe than an alternate disctraction method. What's the problem with inversion? I bought one and use it once a week to keep my back in check; works great for me but I only spend 10 minutes, 1x week.

Cheers,
The only issue with them that holds water is a bleed, specifically a brain bleed (very bad!). So if you're hypertensive or are on blood thinners, even perhaps aspirin/ibuprofen therapy you should think twice.

The risk for a normotensive on occasional Motrin is likely lower than successively more therapy/risk factors, but that's the only things I've heard.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:02 PM
drqiman
Rennlist Member

Hi Old Guy,

I am glad that you are getting a new car that you can comfortably drive while your back heals. Here are three links to websites that I think have information that can be of interest to you in your quest for a solution to your back pain. I have seen many patients recover and lead a normal pain free life even after they had lost all hope.
Please post pictures of your new car!

Good Luck!

www.injectiontx.org
www.prolonews.com
www.aapainmanage.org
Old 08-21-2008, 12:21 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by allegretto
The only issue with them that holds water is a bleed, specifically a brain bleed (very bad!). So if you're hypertensive or are on blood thinners, even perhaps aspirin/ibuprofen therapy you should think twice.

The risk for a normotensive on occasional Motrin is likely lower than successively more therapy/risk factors, but that's the only things I've heard.
Gotchya.

Eclou, you'll have to come down with the kiddos. It ain't fancy, but very serviceable and the fishing in the laguna madre is fantastic right now. Been killing the redfish and specks. Snook and Tarpon are even making a comeback as of late. Annabelle (my 7 y/o) caught a 22" ladyfish off the dock on her second cast on Monday. She did an awesome job landing it on her own; those fish fight like there's no tomorrow.

This area of the gulf ain't the caribbean but quite a bit nicer than the galveston area.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:30 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I grew up along the coast from Houston to Corpus, palacios all those little towns I loved it.
I really was in Dallas but my Dad Bless his Soul, drove the houston Corpus route and i went with him
in the summer. It was cool
Doc thanks for the websites!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:34 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,237 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Eclou, you'll have to come down with the kiddos. It ain't fancy, but very serviceable and the fishing in the laguna madre is fantastic right now. Been killing the redfish and specks. Snook and Tarpon are even making a comeback as of late. Annabelle (my 7 y/o) caught a 22" ladyfish off the dock on her second cast on Monday. She did an awesome job landing it on her own; those fish fight like there's no tomorrow.

This area of the gulf ain't the caribbean but quite a bit nicer than the galveston area.
I'm counting on it. Just envision the scene from Christmas Vacation when Cousin Eddie (Randy Quaid) shows up in the RV..

Quick Reply: thinking of letting her go 997 GT3 5k miles no track new wheels and tires