Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Gt2 @ MSRP, would you hit that?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This make my heart beat faster just looking at it. Can't say the 7 GT2 does that.

Look at the current market trend, imagine in a year how much lower the price will be on a low mile example if your still interested...
Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2008, 01:49 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't see the GT2 as all that much better than a regular turbo, certainly not at these crazy 75k over markups, or even the 200k msrp for that matter.
The GT2 has always been the porsche without a niche, great car but priced wrong. Anybody thinking of laying out 200-300k for a car is thinking italiano.
I'd hit it if it was a bit under msrp, say 10k off or so, that's where I think these cars are headed.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

Joe S. I've seen that car in person and it's pretty sweet...but the owner has a Ferrari 333SP parked next to it, and a pair of F40s in the same row...kinda steals the thunder away!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:59 AM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put and RS and a GT2 side-by-side. And if God said to me, "Here, take one, but only one and it's for free!"

I'd drive away in the RS...no Ifs, Ands, or Buts!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:04 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

[QUOTE=spg993tt;5711082]this message board is a magnet for the astronomically insane, the infirmed compulsive car lover. this whole gang of merry men suffers from ADD and all kinds of other flicks and nicks that swarms of well educated psycho therapists would kill to try to diagnose. there is no pill to cure us. just the love of cars.

You're right there!

I got more cars then i need from vintage vettes, lowriders to race cars..... make no sence but im always trying to justify them

By the way, the GT2 i feel is over priced at MRSP, and only if it had 600-700 horse power would i then lust for one.
Currently its performance numbers are too close to the competition for my liking. I just dont seem to think it is "violent" enough in stock trim to go with all the hype.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:20 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Put and RS and a GT2 side-by-side. And if God said to me, "Here, take one, but only one and it's for free!"

Well Said and CJ thanks for putting the market down on paper. If you can help a stupid engineer understand the market I could keep buying cars! I am sitting at the point of KEEPING my GT3 Forever
or I was toying with the Idea of buying a M3 and getting a 60K check.
Retirement is around the corner and I dont know what to do. The GT3 is probably going to be my
car for along time
Old 08-17-2008, 05:50 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, u and i have history together. we've talked before about this kind of stuff...if you have any concerns about "retirement savings" vs. a GT3, quite frankly, the answer is as clear to me, no questions asked....you sell the gt3, you pocket the cash, you earn interest, you feel comfy withyour balance and you enjoy a wonderful M3. ihad an m6. great car. a gt3? no. but good enough.

the gt3, the gt3RS, a cgt...they are just cash. metals, rubber , carbon. far more important is you, your family, your kids, your wife, financial security. you can always buy the Gt3 back, they arent disappearing and probably only come down in value.

it might psychologically bother yo ufor a while, as it would bother anyone to have to give up something we love so much...but its just a car, really, just a car. there will be others, oh yes there will.

boards like these can make it seem normal to have all kinds of expensive cars, etc. but family and security come first.

BMW makes incredible cars.
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Well Said and CJ thanks for putting the market down on paper. If you can help a stupid engineer understand the market I could keep buying cars! I am sitting at the point of KEEPING my GT3 Forever
or I was toying with the Idea of buying a M3 and getting a 60K check.
Retirement is around the corner and I dont know what to do. The GT3 is probably going to be my
car for along time
Old 08-17-2008, 08:35 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by spg993tt
dude, u and i have history together. we've talked before about this kind of stuff...if you have any concerns about "retirement savings" vs. a GT3, quite frankly, the answer is as clear to me, no questions asked....you sell the gt3, you pocket the cash, you earn interest, you feel comfy withyour balance and you enjoy a wonderful M3. ihad an m6. great car. a gt3? no. but good enough.

the gt3, the gt3RS, a cgt...they are just cash. metals, rubber , carbon. far more important is you, your family, your kids, your wife, financial security. you can always buy the Gt3 back, they arent disappearing and probably only come down in value.

it might psychologically bother yo ufor a while, as it would bother anyone to have to give up something we love so much...but its just a car, really, just a car. there will be others, oh yes there will.

boards like these can make it seem normal to have all kinds of expensive cars, etc. but family and security come first.

+1

I agree about what you said- but that's why I feel so lucky to have a pension plan, retirement plan, etc and no wife to spend money on...more cars for me! lol you guys are going to hate me.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:06 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wanted one you would have had one already... So sit tight, enjoy your sick/current stable, and if you want a GT2? Pick up a nice 996 GT2 which is a bargain and enjoy.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:33 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Damn!
I agree with you Steven. But I would be cast out of the Porsche world! I couldnt come here and rest?!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:20 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt

And Dude, you forget one thing...that for some of us, like OG, me and others, the passion and fun of driving a 3 or an RS is priceless.

It can't be measured in dollars and interest foregone on investments. Yes, I'm in the "investing/trading" biz too and understand the math pretty well.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:19 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I dont understand the market that well but I am thinking of instead of lusting over my car the way I do of selling and giving my wife some big time breathing room and maybe expanding my real estate situation.
I dont know!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

OG, I'm thinking of buying a warehouse in downtown LA to throw parties/art shows/concerts/fashion shows in next year...think about it
Old 08-18-2008, 12:46 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I would be honored to. But what about Mammoth!? I know the market there and I have a multimillionare buddy to help with selection!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:55 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC

I would add to that:

"And you may never sell it, or I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my Porsches. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I say this because as of today you should be able to get more money for a brand new GT2 vs. an RS. So if the above clause was not added, I would say: "Thanks God, that was pretty cool of you; you're alright!" And then start calling Porsche dealerships for buy bids and then buy an RS and have money left over.

Quick Reply: Gt2 @ MSRP, would you hit that?