GT3 Configurator gone on USA Porsche site

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 140 Posts
Default GT3 Configurator gone on USA Porsche site

I wonder why? Last two days it's not been there...

Maybe getting ready for the updated model?

Matt
Old 08-07-2008, 10:34 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah they just updated it for the facelift carreras and they haven't announced the facelift 3 yet so it's not on there.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

The GT3 does not exist in 2009, I am so exited waht 2010 will bring..
Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

they had to take it down...you used to be able to configure your car without an RMS leak
Old 08-08-2008, 12:10 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,397 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
they had to take it down...you used to be able to configure your car without an RMS leak
ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 08-08-2008, 02:54 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I found it. I have already built my 2010 GT3 with the new motor! Here is part of the printout:

"NEW IMPROVED M97 Motor! Built from the RACING heritage! From the track to your garage!"

Warning! PAG Inc. No longer races or supports racing. Any talk about tracks or racing Porsches is purely promotional. ANY Porsche car that comes within 10 Kilometers or 6.2 miles of any racetrack will IMMEDIATELY VOID any warranty that PAG decides to give to bestow on you. The 2010 911 GT3 and GT3 RS will have a bumper to bumper warranty of 50 kilometers or 30.1 miles. After that PAG no longer will take ANY responsiblity for our manufacturer defects INCLUDING AND MOST IMPORTANTLY rear main seals. This new motor is certainly going to leak especially if you idiots drive the damn thing over any US posted speed limit of 55 MPH. Get Real if you expect a race car you are in the WRONG brand! Buy one of our $500K Euro RSRs and we will talk.
Even then expect MINIMAL support from us. We have to go sell cars you know!

Last edited by OldGuy; 08-08-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:19 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
I wonder why? Last two days it's not been there...

Maybe getting ready for the updated model?

Matt
Shouldn't be too long now. If the updated GT3RS has been spotted the GT3 can't be too far away
http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-gt3-rs-spied.html
Old 08-08-2008, 07:36 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Air Force

Received 163 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I found it. I have already built my 2010 GT3 with the new motor! Here is part of the printout:

"NEW IMPROVED M97 Motor! Built from the RACING heritage! From the track to your garage!"

Warning! PAG Inc. No longer races or supports racing. Any talk about tracks or racing Porsches is purely promotional. ANY Porsche car that comes within 10 Kilometers or 6.2 miles will IMMEDIATELY VOID any warranty that PAG decides to give to bestow on you. The 2010 911 GT3 and GT3 RS will have a bumper to bumper warranty of 50 kilometers or 30.1 miles. After that PAG no longer will take ANY responsiblity for our manufacturer defects INCLUDING AND MOST IMPORTANTLY rear main seals. This new motor is certainly going to leak especially if you idiots drive the damn thing over any US posted speed limit of 55 MPH. Get Real if you expect a race car you are in the WRONG brand! Buy one of our $500K Euro RSRs and we will talk.
So that is the statement I should have read in my current owners manual. My car is at the dealers' awaiting a Porsche NA decision on what to do concerning a fourth RMS installation. I have told them we are not removing the engine AGAIN to put the same faulty seal in the car so it can fail AGAIN. After 11 month of this I think I have lost any sense of humor that I was trying hard to retain.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:10 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
So that is the statement I should have read in my current owners manual. My car is at the dealers' awaiting a Porsche NA decision on what to do concerning a fourth RMS installation. I have told them we are not removing the engine AGAIN to put the same faulty seal in the car so it can fail AGAIN. After 11 month of this I think I have lost any sense of humor that I was trying hard to retain.

Now you talking, I was wondering why you were not yet at this point in your thread. Seemed like you were not that bothered by it. 4 times is ridiculous.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Now you talking, I was wondering why you were not yet at this point in your thread. Seemed like you were not that bothered by it. 4 times is ridiculous.

Oh yes I was and am bothered and bothered is an understatement, just was at a loss as to who to get upset with. I'm still not upset with the dealer as they continue to work the issue aggressively. It is Porsche NA ( or at least their field Technical people) that are the stonewalls.

I'm off to a sit down meeting with the owner of the Porsche dealership as we try to work a solution.

I also see the whole tone of this RMS issue changing on this forum, more and more owners are speaking out on what should be a small issue corrected at once by Porsche. Well actually this and the oil pressure gauge issue should have been resolved in engineering before the first GT3 /RS rolled off the production line. This is so unlike the Germans I knew at the Porsche factory in the 70's, their focus was clearly on perfection ( I know with mechanical objects that is a goal not always achieved) and customer satisfaction. My '83 SC just keeps chugging along and the harder I push it the happier it is with NO OIL LEAKS and over 130,000 miles. Many of which were on the track.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,164 Likes on 2,909 Posts

Looks like the next GT3 will have the new 9A1 motor. Not sure how this motor will stack up to the GT1-based motors (redline, durability, oiling, etc.), but I'm fairly certain the RMS issue will be one area of improvement, not worsening...
Old 08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warning! PAG Inc. No longer races or supports racing. Any talk about tracks or racing Porsches is purely promotional. ANY Porsche car that comes within 10 Kilometers or 6.2 miles will IMMEDIATELY VOID any warranty that PAG decides to give to bestow on you. The 2010 911 GT3 and GT3 RS will have a bumper to bumper warranty of 50 kilometers or 30.1 miles. After that PAG no longer will take ANY responsiblity for our manufacturer defects INCLUDING AND MOST IMPORTANTLY rear main seals. This new motor is certainly going to leak especially if you idiots drive the damn thing over any US posted speed limit of 55 MPH. Get Real if you expect a race car you are in the WRONG brand! Buy one of our $500K Euro RSRs and we will talk.
It's funny that you should mention voiding warranties, one dealership has voided my squeak and rattle warranty entirely because the struts are faulty. they replaced one which did indeed fix the right side of the problem, but will not replace the other while two of my friends have the same problem and get struts from another dealer that resolves their issue for 1500-2000 miles. There IS a new part # on the GT3 front struts though, my friend in parts says this new 07 part is newer than the 08 part but I have an 08 and the TSB doesn't apply yet. I'm going to have to revisit them the next time I get the track pads off my car because they originally claimed that the factory pads were at fault so they ate the cost on installing my track pads which are louder and mask most of the sounds but if you heat them up enough you can still hear the struts but it takes a fairly spirited drive to do this and then you only get about 30 seconds to find a squeaky part of the road to demonstrate the suspension sound.

I'm glad I don't know about the RMS leak of which you speak of, my car doesn't drip on the garage or anything so I guess it is ok.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Brian start talking Lemon law and see what they say

F4 Surely YOU of all people could use the lemon law and get your money back?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:29 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Brian start talking Lemon law and see what they say

F4 Surely YOU of all people could use the lemon law and get your money back?

I will just say the issue is being worked
Old 08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
sjgreco
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I will just say the issue is being worked
Good for you. When Porsche told you that you could use the 993 RMS seal but it would be at your expense and void the warranty, they drew their line in the sand. It's a very sad response for someone who has put up with all the grief you have.

Quick Reply: GT3 Configurator gone on USA Porsche site