ewwwww
Old 07-23-2008 | 04:10 AM
daytonaviolet
Racer

it doesnt look that bad i like the cup seats and all leather options
Old 07-23-2008 | 07:08 AM
340Elise
Banned

I hate dealer ads like that. They talk to you like you are a moron with all their gimicky comments about the idiotic extras that this car has. Just read the full options list and some of the comments in there. "The only known White w/ RS Orange in America"......Oh ****, let me run right out and buy the RS speced by the world's biggest idiot. They could have added: "The IQ of the individual who speced this RS is the lowest known of anyone else in America who has speced out an RS."

"The European carbon seats are $12,000 (No, that's not a typo folks, doesn't the price for the seats alone impress you?)"

"All Credit Levels Accepted!" "Se Habla Espanol!"

"And if we can't get you some kind of financing up to 35% annual from the 15 banks that we work with, we also have Cadillac, Lincoln, and Mercury to choose from; all in white with orange RS lettering."

Oh, and btw, it may be the only RS, but that combo has been done before with a GT3. But hey, that is not an RS so it does not count.

Hickory, NC. Never mind, I get it now.

I can't imagine my local Porsche dealer doing an ad like that for a Porsche or for the Audi or MB cars that they carry; they have a little more class than the average friendly Stan's used car lot, aka Hickory Motors.

Last edited by 340Elise; 07-24-2008 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-23-2008 | 08:51 AM
Hanz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 340Elise
I hate dealer adds like that. They talk to you like you are a moron with all their gimicky comments about the idiotic extras that this car has. Just read the full options list and some of the comments in there. "The only known White w/ RS Orange in America"......Oh ****, let me run right out and buy the RS speced by the world's biggest idiot. They could have added: "The IQ of the individual who speced this RS is the lowest known of anyone else in America who has speced out an RS."

"The European carbon seats are $12,000 (No, that's not a typo folks, doesn't the price for the seats alone impress you?)"

"And if we can't get you some kind of financing up to 35% annual from the 15 banks that we work with, we also have Cadillac, Lincoln, and Mercury to choose from; all in white with orange RS lettering."

Oh, and btw, it may be the only RS, but that combo has been done before with a GT3. But hey, that is not an RS so it does not count.

I can't imagine my local Porsche dealer doing an ad like that for a Porsche or for the Audi or MB cars that they carry; they have a little more class than the average friendly Stan's used car lot, aka Hickory Motors.

Right on! Note the masterful marketing pictures too, that blurry close up of the center air vents should definitely seal the deal!
Old 07-23-2008 | 08:54 AM
roman944
Drifting

wow 340Elise, you just handed that dealer his ***

you should sent him an e-mail

LOL
Old 07-23-2008 | 09:38 AM
David A
Rennlist Member

Euro seats and euro rear bumper ! Nice !
Old 07-23-2008 | 11:09 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by roman944
wow 340Elise, you just handed that dealer his ***

you should sent him an e-mail

LOL
It wasn't very nice I admit, but that really is not how a $170K Porsche should be marketed. As a human, I am embarassed to be the same race as them and find the ad insulting to my intelligence.

That kind of crap belongs on a used car ad for $10K and below cars. And even there I don't like it because they are taking advantage of people who do not know any better. We will finance anyone as long as you have a job is what this GT3 RS add comes across as. Used car dealers often do take advantage of those with a lower education or who may not have mastered English yet, but they are trying and working hard. So they make it out to be a great deal, but end up charging such high rates that the buyers only pay interest and then lose the car after some time to the dealer so that he can sell it to someone else and do the same.

They are making Porsche look bad, and all dealers need to take responsibility for the brand as a whole and not just worry about themselves and their sales. They need to preserve the brand for the future, not pimp their cars like a cheap hooker.

How would you like it if your neighbor never watered their lawn, let it turn to dirt, and then started collecting and selling junk from their property? That is not good for the rest of the homes in your area. The same is true for the Porsche brand.

Last edited by 340Elise; 07-24-2008 at 04:36 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 07-23-2008 | 11:21 PM
am722
Drifting

That kind of crap belongs on a used car ad for $10K and below cars.
That's actually the majority of their ebay stock (http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/ilovehag). I do agree that the "All Credit Levels Accepted!" slogan looks a little ridiculous on a $170k car ad, though.
Old 07-24-2008 | 04:41 AM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by am722
That's actually the majority of their ebay stock (http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/ilovehag). I do agree that the "All Credit Levels Accepted!" slogan looks a little ridiculous on a $170k car ad, though.
I know that I am not alone on this because the latest rumor for Lotus is that they will no longer allow dealers to post their cars for sale on Ebay; at some time in the near future this is supposed to happen. Now I don't know how the Lotus franchise agreements are set up, and if Lotus can dictate that to their dealers here in the US, but that is what I heard.
Old 12-28-2008 | 04:32 AM
Trevor Ely
Instructor

*Back from the dead*

Hello there,

I appreciate your honesty and can completely understand (and humbly agree with you) on a few of your comments. A couple of them I find distasteful and a little out of line, though.

First off, I was involved with the Porsche dealership you're referring to during the time this car was listed on eBay and do feel their style was certainly out of place for an advertisement for such a car and very "Gimmicky"....Specifically, some of the financing comments. Unfortunately, these tidbits are added to each auction automatically, and I tried (on many attempts) to have these changed as they were, well...'Nuff said. You can see how far I got with that, though.

To give you an idea, this car was listed on consignment for a good friend/client of ours who built the car to his liking after spending some time @ the delivery center at Zuffenhausen (after looking at several different examples) and spending some time with some advisors at Porsche Exclusive. Like I mentioned, the fellow that purchased the car is a good friend and I don't particularly appreciate your comments as the gentleman you're referring to is every bit of a a Porsche enthusiast as a lot of folks on Rennlist....Having owned everything from one of the first 959s in the US to various 356s, to name a few.

Anyway, getting back on topic...Unfortunately, I wasn't given the opportunity to edit this eBay auction or else I would have left a few comments out. Having said that, you expressed displeasure with a few of my comments regarding a few of the options, specifically, the RoW Fixed-Back seats...The comment $12,000+ (No, that's not a typo!) ...was not aimed to "impress" anybody, but was a point that was continually questioned by onlookers. I think you took this comment the wrong way.

Happy Holidays,

P.S. For those interested in viewing what was on the eBay auction (which is now gone) you can see a very similar version that was posted on 6Speed...

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...rs-orange.html

I hate dealer ads like that. They talk to you like you are a moron with all their gimicky comments about the idiotic extras that this car has. Just read the full options list and some of the comments in there. "The only known White w/ RS Orange in America"......Oh ****, let me run right out and buy the RS speced by the world's biggest idiot. They could have added: "The IQ of the individual who speced this RS is the lowest known of anyone else in America who has speced out an RS."

Old 12-28-2008 | 04:58 AM
340Elise
Banned

I just read what I wrote and I agree with you; I apologize. Sometimes I go off and get a bit carried away. Something in that ad must have really bothered me, and I was in a bad mood at the time.

Looking at the pics on 6-speed it does look nice; better than I remembered.

Stephen

Originally Posted by Trevor Ely
*Back from the dead*

Hello there,

I appreciate your honesty and can completely understand (and humbly agree with you) on a few of your comments. A couple of them I find distasteful and a little out of line, though.

First off, I was involved with the Porsche dealership you're referring to during the time this car was listed on eBay and do feel their style was certainly out of place for an advertisement for such a car and very "Gimmicky"....Specifically, some of the financing comments. Unfortunately, these tidbits are added to each auction automatically, and I tried (on many attempts) to have these changed as they were, well...'Nuff said. You can see how far I got with that, though.

To give you an idea, this car was listed on consignment for a good friend/client of ours who built the car to his liking after spending some time @ the delivery center at Zuffenhausen (after looking at several different examples) and spending some time with some advisors at Porsche Exclusive. Like I mentioned, the fellow that purchased the car is a good friend and I don't particularly appreciate your comments as the gentleman you're referring to is every bit of a a Porsche enthusiast as a lot of folks on Rennlist....Having owned everything from one of the first 959s in the US to various 356s, to name a few.

Anyway, getting back on topic...Unfortunately, I wasn't given the opportunity to edit this eBay auction or else I would have left a few comments out. Having said that, you expressed displeasure with a few of my comments regarding a few of the options, specifically, the RoW Fixed-Back seats...The comment $12,000+ (No, that's not a typo!) ...was not aimed to "impress" anybody, but was a point that was continually questioned by onlookers. I think you took this comment the wrong way.

Happy Holidays,

P.S. For those interested in viewing what was on the eBay auction (which is now gone) you can see a very similar version that was posted on 6Speed...

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...rs-orange.html
Old 12-28-2008 | 05:02 AM
Trevor Ely
Instructor

Much appreciated.

In other news...What made you dump an Elise/Exige S for the bathtub?!

I just read what I wrote and I agree with you; I apologize. Sometimes I go off and get a bit carried away. Something in that ad must have really bothered me, and I was in a bad mood at the time.

Looking at the pics on 6-speed it does look nice; better than I remembered.

Stephen
Old 12-28-2008 | 10:42 AM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

this is a really nice combo, personally I really like it. Too bad the owner wants 20k above market price ever since May when it was first listed.... and now with the current economy he still hasn't realize what it really takes in order to sell a car...

I've been following this car since it was first listed, called the dealer several times and talked to the manager, but couldn't get an agreement on price... he wants every cent of aftermarket parts he put in...
Old 12-28-2008 | 11:02 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

What is the TechArt Carbon-Fiber Wiper Housing : $1,400?

Quick Reply: Dreamsicle RS