Barber in car Hotlap (PSDS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 11:43 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Barber in car Hotlap (PSDS)

When you attend PSDS you will now be provided with an in car DVD of your driving experience on track.
Heres what it will look like...
Take a lap with Cass...
Cass HotLap
Old 05-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 279 Posts

Thanks MJones -great ride! I love his braking into turn 1 - like an on-off switch. Cass almost looks bored out there!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:23 PM
RevUrGT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that's cool... makes me want to take it again!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:55 PM
seefouress
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for a great video of an awesome track! I just finished my second trip to the PSDS and am looking forward to receiving the dvd. Cass is such a great instructor and does a terrific job coordinating the overall experience for the attendees. Can't wait to go back for the Masters program!
Old 06-01-2008, 12:27 AM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet! I'd love to see his hot lap in the GT3.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm told that guy is a very good instructor and ex-pro racer. Those two laps were a bit "sedate" I thought -- trailing or closed throttle at the apex, etc. -- and strange there was no cool-down before heading into the pits with wheels squealing through the last turn. Maybe the car gets no idle time, so there's no point in cooling the rotors.

It's useful to see a pro driver in a factory setup on a street car -- the damn thing still understeers like a hog! I guess they keep that in the setup to reflect the average street setup and to keep students from getting too hot (and you can see how those cones are set up to help keep students from getting carried away ... in ambulances ... )

In-car with 911 gauges -- that's pretty clever.

It would be interesting to see the same driver in a Cayenne and a GT3.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 AM
seefouress
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I'm told that guy is a very good instructor and ex-pro racer. Those two laps were a bit "sedate" I thought -- trailing or closed throttle at the apex, etc. -- and strange there was no cool-down before heading into the pits with wheels squealing through the last turn. Maybe the car gets no idle time, so there's no point in cooling the rotors.

It's useful to see a pro driver in a factory setup on a street car -- the damn thing still understeers like a hog! I guess they keep that in the setup to reflect the average street setup and to keep students from getting too hot (and you can see how those cones are set up to help keep students from getting carried away ... in ambulances ... )

In-car with 911 gauges -- that's pretty clever.

It would be interesting to see the same driver in a Cayenne and a GT3.
For what it's worth I had the chance to do hot laps with Cass recently in a Cayenne Turbo. The damned thing is amazing on track - easily catching and passing a 911 S being driven by another instructor! Those laps were definitely not sedate!

Quick Reply: Barber in car Hotlap (PSDS)