Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rotor Update – drilled slotted or both

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:30 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kevinlpl
Update: PFC Brake set up worked excellent! I am very, very happy. Understand I am still learning to drive a P car. But compared to my first four times out, I could brake much later, and had very consistent brake feel both days. Same track (BW, with similar conditions, 85, a little wind, and plenty of Yahoos dragging dirt on to the track), as last week on the stock set up. A lot more confidence. For those who will find numbers helpful we were running 13 CW and I got down to 2:04s always with a passengers.
Kevin: Would the PFC 97's be suitable for street use? I am using Pagid Yellow 29's now, and they get quite squeaky on the street unless you give them a good high speed stop now and then.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Kevinlpl
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
If you hadn't seen, I think somewhere else it is mentioned that they don't officially make them for the 997, you have to use the 996 ones or something. Do a search for the details, but hopefully this explains your experience.

How much lighter were the pf rotors? (i should just search...).
They save 4 lbs at each corner.

Originally Posted by lawjdc
Kevin: Would the PFC 97's be suitable for street use? I am using Pagid Yellow 29's now, and they get quite squeaky on the street unless you give them a good high speed stop now and then.
I have found the 97s do make a touch more noise compared to the factory pad. My factory pads have not been quiet on the street.

I am using the 97s on the street and I find their braking to be fine. My street driving is not spirited since I save that for the track. Also I live in a moderate temperature (65-80) climate year round. They may be dustier but I don't have enough street driving to determine that yet.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:44 PM
TripleM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
If you hadn't seen, I think somewhere else it is mentioned that they don't officially make them for the 997, you have to use the 996 ones or something. Do a search for the details, but hopefully this explains your experience.

How much lighter were the pf rotors? (i should just search...).
yep, managed to see the link...

Quick Reply: Rotor Update – drilled slotted or both