Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anybody not understand a turbo cab?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 11:28 AM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stephen, I agree with your entire post. The only difference between us is that I drew my line at the 996 RS, before the Sport button, PASM, butterfly exhaust, added weight, etc. of the 997.

I have a real hankering for a Lotus right now. The problem I face is that the market for them is so small over here that I don't know if I'd ever be able to sell it if I bought one. And I'm not willing to give up my daily driver RS - the Lotus would be an addition.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
Stephen, I agree with your entire post. The only difference between us is that I drew my line at the 996 RS, before the Sport button, PASM, butterfly exhaust, added weight, etc. of the 997.

I have a real hankering for a Lotus right now. The problem I face is that the market for them is so small over here that I don't know if I'd ever be able to sell it if I bought one. And I'm not willing to give up my daily driver RS - the Lotus would be an addition.

I too want the Lotus in addition to my GT3, but at some point I will proabably only have the Lotus if the weight of these cars keeps going up and I don't like to keep older models without a warranty (especailly a GT3).

At least they are fairly inexpensive. Get a good used one; I would recommend a 2007 Exige S. If the market is so small where you are and they are hard to resell, then you should be able to get a good deal on one, right?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:31 AM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Get a good used one; I would recommend a 2007 Exige S. If the market is so small where you are and they are hard to resell, then you should be able to get a good deal on one, right?
Yes, theoretically. But I have not been able to find one. I know of a couple non-supercharged ones, but at 6000 feet, I really want a blower. I should ask the dealer how many have been sold here.

The Porsche market here is long-established and surprisingly big. The opposite is true for Lotus.

Quick Reply: Anybody not understand a turbo cab?