Next GT3 or GT3RS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Turbo4ever
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hammerwerfer
http://www.bridgetogantry.com/

What is it? The front splitter and big wing sure look good!
That's a GT3 mk2.
However, the RS will come out almost at the same time.

I already placed an deposit last year for a new RS with PDK, DFI and PCCB. That is very interesting and what a huge improvement beyond current RS.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:21 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo4ever
That's a GT3 mk2.
However, the RS will come out almost at the same time.

I already placed an deposit last year for a new RS with PDK, DFI and PCCB. That is very interesting and what a huge improvement beyond current RS.

They are not expecting to see the PDK in the GT3 MKII as an option.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:33 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

With so many manufacturers going paddle shift, my guess is Porsche will make PDK standard and only transmission available for the next GT3. So they can justify raising the starting MSRP by $10k or more while they are at it. Many will complain like they did on the sunroof with current GT3. Then Porsche will offer a RS with a manual transmission option... Of course you have to pay more to get less
Old 05-21-2008, 03:18 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by wilfred
With so many manufacturers going paddle shift, my guess is Porsche will make PDK standard and only transmission available for the next GT3. So they can justify raising the starting MSRP by $10k or more while they are at it. Many will complain like they did on the sunroof with current GT3. Then Porsche will offer a RS with a manual transmission option... Of course you have to pay more to get less
No. That would be a huge mistake if they did that; but it would be good for the value of my GT3. If they screw things up even more in the future, I am happy that I have Lotus to fall back on; so I am not too worried.

Btw, did you know that Lotus is coming out with a 911 contender next year in spring; currently codenamed the Eagle? And no it is not the next Esprit. The Eagle will be a 2+2 for about $85K, while the next Esprit will be more in the class of the Gallardo and a two seater mid-engine config for well over $100K.

Can't wait to see how light the Eagle is (the name will change btw).
Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Will a regular sports car by Lotus be reliable? What I like about the Elise / Exige is the simplicity and the Toyota drivetrain.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:43 AM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
Will a regular sports car by Lotus be reliable? What I like about the Elise / Exige is the simplicity and the Toyota drivetrain.
Agreed. They may be outsourcing another Japanese motor and tranny agian. As fo the rest, we will have to wait and see. For most cars the rule of thumb for a new model is to wait until the next model year; for the Eagle I was thinking at least 2 model years, but maybe 5 just to be on the safe side!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:27 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've got my name on for a RS and while talking w/ my local dealer where I got my GT3 and the sales mgr is claiming that there will not be Direct FI on the GT3/RS's or the Turbo engines.... only the standard C2's/4's etc. ...The rumors heat up. Anyone hear more about this?
THX

Quick Reply: Next GT3 or GT3RS?