2006 WRX STi For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:57 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2006 WRX STi For Sale

Hi All,

I will post this in the proper place with all the info, but I just want to give a quick heads up. Some of you may remember that I just bought a used one owner 2006 Subaru STi in that pretty blue with the gold wheels about 10 weeks ago. The previous owner is a married male in his 40's who currently owns a Porsche 997 turbo, an Audi A6, and is a Rennlist member. He bought this STi brand new.

It is in EXCELLENT condition and has under 11K miles on it! It still has over 1 and a half years of the factory warranty on it and the warranty can still be extended.

The car is stock besides a Borla cat back exhaust (sounds really good btw), and some quality aftermarket springs (same stock dampers) that are a bit stiffer and lower the car a little bit. The engine and ECU are 100% stock and untouched besides routine service. It comes standard with Brembo brakes.

The car even still has the original tires on it with about 40 to 50% tread left. The previous owner rotated them twice already. These tires have a wear rating under 200. This tells me the car has not been tracked or abused.

This is a fun, fun, fun car and would make for a great year round daily driver with the AWD.

They no longer make the STi in the sedan version since the new one came out, and I expect this car to hold its value really well.

I still need to look up the fair pricing on this car, but I am looking to get about $28K for it. If I am way off with this price, then I will adjust it to whatevr is the fair market private party value.

Why am I selling it? I never drive it because I use my GT3 as my DD. I did not pay $115K (over $120K now with the aftermarket mods) for my GT3 to let it sit in the garage Mon-Fri. I will drive it every day including grocery shopping and hope to hit the track soon when I have some time to travel 200 miles to get there.

The title is free and clear on the STi and it just does not make sense for me to keep it. I drive it once a week a good distance to make sure the battery stays charged and the tires do not flat spot. The car is simply incredible.

I just want to let you guys knwo first before I put it on Ebay. I am in no rush to sell it and will use this "getting the word out method" for at least 3 months before I officially list it.

If you don't want it, you may very well know someone who would love to buy this car. I assure you this is not an abused one; this is the one you want if you are looking for the previous generation STi.

Just PM me if you are interested and I will give you my number and email.

Stephen
Old 05-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Shark-GT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May want to try here.
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/

I would gather that most on this board. (I speak for myself) have zero interest in this car.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Thanks for the heads up and letting your fellow rennlisters have the first bite. I'm tempted, but I'm happy with my wagon.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:17 AM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by Shark-GT3
May want to try here.
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/

I would gather that most on this board. (I speak for myself) have zero interest in this car.
Yes, you are definetely speaking for yourself.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 AM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by Yargk
Thanks for the heads up and letting your fellow rennlisters have the first bite. I'm tempted, but I'm happy with my wagon.
I don't blame you, the WRX alone is a beast and with the added practicality of the wagon. But admit it, you really have zero interest in my STi, as do most on this board! What I really want when I sell my STi is an Escalade with some big pimpin chrome wheels or an overpriced piece of junk Merc that goes fast in a straight line with only the option of an automatic transmission and about 3 tons of weight (so it can support 200 lb males on the opened door frames); and it lets the neighbors know who has the money and who doesn't. Maybe I will go for that 2005 600 SL that my local Merc dealer just offered me on Saturday. It only had about 20K miles and it was perfect inside and out with a locamotive V-12. The MSRP was right around $150K +, and they offered it to me for $75K. What an excellent resale value for such a poseur car! Between that car and my Escalade, I bet Snoop Dogg will hang out with me; sweeeeeeeet!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:23 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts

Yeah I kinda smirked when I read the word Escalade.

Oh and didn't Jerry Seinfeld buy an STi when it first came to the states and also buy a forester for his nanny? How many dozen Porsches does he own?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:00 AM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by Yargk
Yeah I kinda smirked when I read the word Escalade.

Oh and didn't Jerry Seinfeld buy an STi when it first came to the states and also buy a forester for his nanny? How many dozen Porsches does he own?
That sounds vaguley familiar, but he has had a lot of cars! What I do know is that a lot of true enthusiasts buy the WRX/STi as all around practical high performance daily drivers. A lot of street racing kids also own them and give us all a bad name, but those who are in the know, cannot pass up on such a versitile high performance car. Like I wrote in m original post; I bought this pristien example from a married guy in his 40's who also owns a 997 turbo with a 6-speed manual. He loved this STi and took excellent care of it.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:33 AM
drqiman
Rennlist Member

I recently drove a WRX STI and found it to be a fantastic performer. I own a GT3 and there is no comparison but for the money, there isn't anything out there that even comes close to the Subaru in performance. It is raw, mechanical and has good power once the turbo spools up. Good luck selling it!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 AM
biotechee
Racer

Well, for the money, I'd have to say the WRX STi's prime competitor, the Mitsubishi Evo come close, hell, even exceeds some of the WRX Sti's prowess.... Didn't Car & Driver or one of the other rags just rate the new Evo as better than the new STi? Both have 300ish HP, turbo 4's, AWD, etc. Typically, the Evo always handled better and the STi always had the nod in straight line. But, you're right, for 35K, there's nothing that touches these two cars in dollar vs. performance value.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:50 AM
drqiman
Rennlist Member

While the EVO may come close, the Subaru has a boxter engine that reminds me of the flat 6 in our cars.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:55 AM
WalkerInTN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Hi All,

Why am I selling it? I never drive it because I use my GT3 as my DD. I did not pay $115K (over $120K now with the aftermarket mods) for my GT3 to let it sit in the garage Mon-Fri. I will drive it every day including grocery shopping and hope to hit the track soon when I have some time to travel 200 miles to get there.
Keep in mind that the front compartment gets pretty hot on the GT3. Might not want to put anything in there that will melt, spoil or go bad.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 AM
biotechee
Racer

Oops- my bad- forgot about that- The Subie does have the 6 and the Evo has the 4 My comparison was between the Evo and the Subie- both cars are nearly identical in performance to each other. I intended no comparison to any Porsche- just commenting on your comment that nothing comes close to the Subie for the money- I believe the Evo is its equal.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:02 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by biotechee
Oops- my bad- forgot about that- The Subie does have the 6 and the Evo has the 4 My comparison was between the Evo and the Subie- both cars are nearly identical in performance to each other. I intended no comparison to any Porsche- just commenting on your comment that nothing comes close to the Subie for the money- I believe the Evo is its equal.
It doesn't have a 6, it has a BOXER 4. The Boxer engine config is what he meant comparing it to a Porsche.

The Evo is also a great car, but does not touch the Subaru for its all around drivability. The Evo does edge out the Subie and it is the one you want for the track, but otherwise it is not very refined at all, very harsh, much more turbo lag, etc...

Don't get me wrong about the EVO, I like those characteristics. But the Subie is just so well balanced all around, but still very raw and an unbelievable performer. And in this case, I prefer the driveability of the Subaru because I have a GT3 for when I want to really get serious.

The Evo is an all wheel drive 996 GT2, while the Subaru is a 996 turbo but with the same power as the GT2.

Keep in mind that the Subuaru engine is a 2.5 and the EVO a 2.0. This is why the EVO is not nearly as linear in its power delivery. The interior is also cheaper looking, and it really is track ready harsh without much refinement at all.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
biotechee
Racer

No worries- didn't get much sleep last night. I thought they were both 4's, but not owning either, I didn't know for sure.

I *think* the newest gen Evo got the nod for interior as well in the C&D article. A old friend of mine had the previous gen Subie- same color, specs as yours- the interior was definitely nice and the car had some serious stones to say the least.

Don't get me wrong- I am not slagging your Subie nor am I trying to sabotage your sale. Just like every car out there, to each his own!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
TTRob
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove an EVO IX some time ago.. man, that car was FUN!! At the time, however, I was looking for a fun DD and it was just a little too much for every day. I didn't buy it, but I really wanted it.

I have an '08 STi DD, now. It's a much more well rounded car.. and it's enjoyable, but that EVO was a blast. The way it came up on boost, the turbo noises, the sharp steering/handling, etc. Yet, the Subaru is the smarter choice, then and now. Better ride quality, safer (though, the new EVO is a lot safer than the old), nicer interior materials, exhaust sounds better, more low end power, much better Subaru service, etc.

Sounds like someone's gonna get a nice STI. Good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: 2006 WRX STi For Sale