This is what it is all about

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 90 Likes on 50 Posts

hey mooty, your daughter should meet my son. He's nuts on cars like me!
Spectra PhotoSync IRD - Highest heat blocking window film in industry
Authorized Modesta and Nanolex Dealer

Checkout our Youtube Channel!
Premier's Youtube

B: 510-623-1308
42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA 94538
sales@premiermobilegroup.com
http://www.facebook.com/premierprotectivefilms

Old 03-22-2008, 06:53 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier
hey mooty, your daughter should meet my son. He's nuts on cars like me!
If I had a daughter I would absolutely trust her with your son

I can't afford any "car nut" sons though. No way.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharkster
If I had a daughter I would absolutely trust her with your son

I can't afford any "car nut" sons though. No way.
I feel bad for my parents now...
Old 03-23-2008, 04:51 AM
ex10psi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's a Bend Pak MD-6XP details and pictures here: http://bendpak.com/cart_product_deta...=260&cat_id=49 yes it runs on normal 110/220 household. it does not bolt to the ground as it's truly portable. although i wouldn't move it around every day, it is quite portable with it's hydraulic hand cart attaching to one end of the lift and large steel wheels on the opposite end of the lift to allow movement.

i bought it from these guys... great service, price, they ship quick from Calif warehouse: http://www.asedeals.com/mid_rise_lift.html i purchased mine for $1533 shipped. they use the "yellow freight" shipping company because of weight, nearly 1,000 lbs.

you have 2 options for delivery: a) have them deliver it to a business address, b) have them deliver to your residental address (there's a shipping surcharge and your neighborhood should accommodate an 18 wheeler). your responsible for getting the lift out of the semi-truck so be sure to have engine hoist or similar on hand, c) you pick up from one of the yellow freight terminals. i went with option c, hooked up a friend's flat bed tilt race car trailer, they used a fork lift to get it on the trailer, tied it all down, towed it home, backed the trailer into my driveway, used the "tilt bed" function and slid the lift off (it comes on a wooden pallet). yes it's heavy, i'm not an unusually strong guy and i was able to get it off the trailer by myself. once in my garage, i used floor jacks to lift it up a bit and wiggle the wooden crate out from under it. then hooked up the portable dolly thing and moved it in to position. just make sure you dont try to move it in your driveway due to non-smooth surface. the smooth concrete in your garage makes moving it around MUCH easier.

for our gt3's, you'll need to build some sort of ramp to actually clear the lift: pair of 2x12's 12 ft long and a pair of 2x12's 10 ft long. put the 10 fters on top of the 12 fters and screwed together. this gives you a nice "transition" as you drive on to the wood ramps. its perfect for the lift arms to swing out and you position under the porsche factory jack points. very easy. i recommend using hockey pucks at each corner to give clearance between the bend pak rubber mounting post and your car's underbody. this will ensure you don't put any stress on side skirts, etc.

i park the gt3 on the wooden ramps all the time. it takes me 5 mins to swing out the arms, position, place hockey pucks, and push button to raise her up. awesome changing wheels/tires, brake pads, while STANDING. only thing i regret is not buying this sooner! and the lift is surprisingly stable with the gt3 up at max height. its a really nice unit and i find that it works very well with our 911 cars, engine in the rear. i find that this little scissor lift does everything i could ask for. you could drop the motor if you wanted to... impossible to stand underneath the car even at max height but easy to get under there sitting on a mechanics stool, and i'm 6 ft tall. its also nice to detail (wax) your ride with it slightly lifted up.

i will say that this was the best garage purchase of my life... i don't know how i lived without it!

oh, to answer your last question, the lift utilizes a "safety" lock system, 4 stages to set the entire car's weight on the safety locks, not just hydraulics. good stuff.

Originally Posted by mooty
i do.
what is price, weight, brand, model?

where on the car does it support?

it's not bolted, just by gravity right? and normal power or what voltage.
Attached Images   
Old 03-23-2008, 08:54 AM
VB997
Rennlist Member

yesterday, i drove my 6GT3 at laguna with a bunch of buddies. drove home, out of tires and no pads left. too lazy to change them.

today, i drove my RS to laguna and continued the fun with more friends.

and THEN drove to daycare and picked up my daughter and went home for dinner

btw, she loves to grab the shifter so i had to make sure i am on the clutch then have her pull the lever....
Awesome John!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:31 PM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hahaha, Mooty, you're the best! Do you sleep?
Old 03-23-2008, 03:16 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ex10psi
it's a Bend Pak MD-6XP details and pictures here: http://bendpak.com/cart_product_deta...=260&cat_id=49 yes it runs on normal 110/220 household. it does not bolt to the ground as it's truly portable. although i wouldn't move it around every day, it is quite portable with it's hydraulic hand cart attaching to one end of the lift and large steel wheels on the opposite end of the lift to allow movement.

i bought it from these guys... great service, price, they ship quick from Calif warehouse: http://www.asedeals.com/mid_rise_lift.html i purchased mine for $1533 shipped. they use the "yellow freight" shipping company because of weight, nearly 1,000 lbs.
+1 on this topic. I just purchased this very lift from ASE ($1533 shipped) and had it delivered to my track garage at MMP this past week. I was out at the track on Friday working the install, but the wife wanted to come to Vegas for the long Easter weekend so I had to put my new toys away...

Mooty - you need to get this lift. It is freaking unbelievable! I will post pictures when my garage is *done* in a few weeks...

BTW - great picture of your daughter! Get her hooked and she will be kicking all of our butts in 10-15 years...

-Blake
Old 03-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Racerron
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default She's a cutie

She's a cutie....your daughter that is. We all know about the orange school bus. Nice seat tho'.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:32 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,799 Likes on 2,375 Posts

Originally Posted by EricGT3
Hahaha, Mooty, you're the best! Do you sleep?
plenty of time to sleep when i am dead.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:32 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Racerron
She's a cutie....your daughter that is. We all know about the orange school bus. Nice seat tho'.
Ron, school bus were and are always yellow!!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

plenty of time to sleep when i am dead.
I wouldn't hold my breath, god might reincarnate you into an ant......
Old 03-24-2008, 05:54 AM
john0719
Racer

Very cute kid Mooty. Ever get a chance to bring her back to Taiwan?
Old 03-24-2008, 03:06 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,799 Likes on 2,375 Posts

Originally Posted by john0719
Very cute kid Mooty. Ever get a chance to bring her back to Taiwan?
not yet, i dont want to travel with on 12 hour flt.

Quick Reply: This is what it is all about