Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Selling my 07 GT3 RS - Black

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:40 AM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is making me homesick. I miss the myriad picturesque and forested Bay Area mountain roads.

Did a weekend roadtrip once from San Jose way up into northern CA. I remember route 20 from Willits to Fort Bragg (N of Mendocino) as one of the finest driving roads I've ever experienced. I also used to see how quickly I could get from Saratoga to Skyline up HWY 9 (usually late at night ).

Also lived in Marina del Rey for a bit. I used to ride that beach bike path to MB all the time. And I'm proud to have held the high score on the Adams Family pinball machine on the Santa Monica Pier for about 6 months. Less proud that I was 32 years old at the time. I miss California.

Hey, when you guys buy that $7 mill beach house, maybe you can rent me a room.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Spyderidol
Racer

Hey SpeedGeek, If you ever make it to Mozambique maybe we can share a beer and some prawns!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:25 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,272 Likes on 612 Posts

speedgeek- you're on! I hear that SA is a good vacation spot, any downsides other than the fact that it's literally a million mile flight from USA?

oh and 7.5 mil? come on snowboarder, lets be economical and find something around 3.5- I can walk a few blocks to the water lol.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:12 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Hey SpeedGeek, If you ever make it to Mozambique maybe we can share a beer and some prawns!
Just last night I ate a kilo of peri-peri king prawns at a new LM restaurant here in Jo'burg. You guys sure know how to cook those things right!

speedgeek- you're on! I hear that SA is a good vacation spot, any downsides other than the fact that it's literally a million mile flight from USA?
C.J, check out the pics on my website of my brother's beach house in Plettenberg Bay. We drive down there every year in the F430 and RS. Awesome drive and awesome vacation spot. My website also has pics from some of the roadtrips over the years, and a story I wrote about the first GT3 trip down.

http://www.warrengore.com

http://www.warrengore.com/PlettHouse

Definitely worth the (admittedly awful) flight from the US. Let me know when you're arriving, and bring the lease for the MB beach house.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,272 Likes on 612 Posts

wow amazing. good for you! I'll get to work on MB.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Spyderidol
Racer

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
Just last night I ate a kilo of peri-peri king prawns at a new LM restaurant here in Jo'burg. You guys sure know how to cook those things right!
Yes, that would be how they cooked them in the "good old days". Grilled with lemon, butter, and piri-piri. You can still get them here cooked in the old way. (thank God!)
Anyway, the invitation remains open.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Last chance on the RS before it goes to ebay. Thanks
Old 04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist