Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Full Body Shots

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:52 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bella1
I just put this script on purchased from porschestripes.com.

It is not perfect as I am waiting for Tequipment to get theirs out.
i like the sides of the doors and quarter panels. but the front/rear bumper sides seem a bit too big.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J.A.W.S.
very individual. nice colour-combo. but the CARRERA script is a no-go.
want the original script (old&new) as vector PDF? hit me back...

rgds

ps: blue wheels
Yes, if you could send that to me as a vector file I would appreciate it. I'm not sure if you read all of my comments, but I made it a point not to do the two "Carrera" type faces/fonts that you are showing. I'm not saying that they look bad, but I was trying to do something different, and I was trying to base it on the 997 RS font. If you go back and read my two essays that I wrote, I hope that it will explain my thinking on this project.

But as I also mentioned, I have about 20 yards of this vinyl and I will be trying some different things. Actually, what you see on the center of the car right now is coming off tonight because they put it on crooked; I'm surprised no one noticed! The bottome of the decal needs to be parallel with the bottom of the door; the installers did not get that right.

Tomorrrow they are cutting me an entire set of the decals including the center sections without any writing on them. I am going to install these plain ones without the text myself on Friday or the weekend and take some more pics.

However, I will probably go back to the font that I have now but may make some changes to the letter 'A' as C.J. suggested. He is correct with his comments, and it was the most difficult letter to do because you cannot angle both of the legs of the 'A' in the general angle of the script. This is why the lower case works better, but I want to do my own.

I will do the "Carrera" as you have it in the future some time to see how it looks, and I really appreciate the vector files.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:34 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
first- I really like the color.

If you want to rework the letters, my suggestion is to slightly modify the A...which in your pics has an extra blue section on the left side of the horizontal cross-bar of the letter. if you make that all white, and give it a bit more lean to the right, it would make it look even better. In current guise the A looks too narrow, and oddly three-dimensional compared to the other letters, which all look really good.

If you're trying to choose between black wheels and white wheels, please get black- it's a better combo overall. Black wheels make the car look more mean and manly (especially than flat silver)- which on a white car, with a relatively baby blue stripe...it could use.

kinda OT but how is the weight loss project going on the car?
C.J., you hit the nail on the head. I totally agree and know the 'A' is not quite right as I mentioned before. I think you are the only one who really looked at it to see what doesn't look right; excellent constructive criticism!

Everyone else who does not like it keeps mentioning the old RS Carrera script or the one on the trunk lid of the current cars. I understand that mine does not look like these standard ones that everyone is used to seeing, but I am experimenting and trying something different; thank you for understanding what I am trying to do.

I will NOT do the white wheels, I thought about it some more after someone else's comment, but they would make the car look to girly and would be impossible to keep clean. I say girly because of the Riviera Blue color. I think it is beautiful, but it is such a bright, pansy blue; and with the white you have to be careful. A little bit goes a long way!

I am a huge fan of all black wheels and think that it would add another level of WOW factor to my car. I am about 80% sure that I will paint them black and paint the GT3 script on the center caps blue.

The weight loss has been put on hold because of the prices of the OEM parts (997 RS seats) and also a set of good aftermarket light weight wheels and brakes. But now that they have come back to a reasonable level, I think I will do the seats next along with my LWFW which I already have. I also want to do the 4.0 R&P for more aggressive acceleration, I just need to do more research. The battery is a great place to lose weight, but I kind of don't like the fact that it is in the front of the car. I almost feel like I would rather have the car weigh 40 lbs more (50 lb vs. 10 lb battery) and give it a better weight distribution. I want to get rid of weight in the rear of the car as much as possible. The other reason that I don't want to spend too much money on this car is explained in the PM that I sent you.

Stephen
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

stephen I like the approach you're taking, let me know when you do the brake thingy.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Decorative Side Logo

I am not a fan of the script either. I have found the Porsche offical Tequipment part numbers should you want to get the real Porsche look. Colors are red, black, yellow, and silver though. The Porsche TSB is 37/07 ENU6646 and is titled "Decorative Side Logo Installation Instructions"

You can order Carrera, C4, C4S, Targa, GT3 GT3RS and more. The part number for GT3 in Black is 997.044.802.57.041

This TSB has the part number for every possible option. If you send an email to bella@wbrinsurance.com, I will send you the PDF

Quick Reply: Full Body Shots