Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Full Body Shots

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:57 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Can't say I like the font at all. I don't see the resemblance to the RS script. I chose the classic Carrera script because its a classic. PS, this is so subjective. You like it and its just a sticker so cool. I love the blue color btw. Now you just have to find some rivera blue seatbelts!

Old 03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it looks great. it would look even better with the wheels painted the same color as the decals. but i would of prefered the striped with the GT3 spelled out starting on the rear quarter panel. btw, is that an oem RS decklid/blade?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:22 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Not my cup of tea, however if you're happy, that's all that matters!! Enjoy it in good health!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:24 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it looks great. Clean and meticulous.

Rock on!

-Blake
Old 03-03-2008, 06:03 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
Can't say I like the font at all. I don't see the resemblance to the RS script. I chose the classic Carrera script because its a classic. PS, this is so subjective. You like it and its just a sticker so cool. I love the blue color btw. Now you just have to find some rivera blue seatbelts!
Someone else said that too about the belts, but I want to keep them red to match the calipers. Just a touch of the red and blue in the interior.

Sorry if you can't see the resemblence, but the R is just about an exact copy. I know because I helped with the digital design. We just took a high res pic of the RS script and started with that. You have to keep in mind that I have the letters 'A' and 'E' that we pulled out of our *** to try to match. There is no A or E in GT3 RS. I tried to explain this in my last long winded post!

Last edited by 340Elise; 03-03-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:19 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet
i think it looks great. it would look even better with the wheels painted the same color as the decals. but i would of prefered the striped with the GT3 spelled out starting on the rear quarter panel. btw, is that an oem RS decklid/blade?
I planned on doing the wheels in the blue, but decided to hold off since it is such a bright color. Doing them in blue would match with the 997 RS color design themes, but as I mentioned, I don't want to get carried away with the blue, including on the inside.

As for the "GT3" on the rear quarter panel, do you mean like what 95% of 997 GT3 owners did who put decals on their car? If so, then that is why I did not do it; I wanted something unique.

No, that is not OEM. That is the one that FVD sells. They gave me a money back guarantee if I or my body shop did not like the quality or fit and finish. One of their main techs told me that he strongly recommends OEM for this kind of stuff. I liked that guarantee and honesty, so I decided to give it a try. The part is made in Germany.

My body shop was very impressed with the part and its fit, so we decided to go with it. It fits well, but not like OEM. But for $3,500, it is well worth it to me; no way that I will spend $8 or 10K on the factory parts. Supposedly Porsche had a price reduction of parts, so I called Sunset before using the aftermarket part. They had the new prices and still quoted about $5K for the RS decklid and another $5K for the wing, and that was at 15% over. Not sure if the info is correct, but now I really do not care. I am very pleased with this part.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:28 PM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by JJS 03S
I like what you did with the Carrera script. It has a unique and a personal touch, and the blue is a great color choice. Enjoy. Next, Carrara White wheels?
-Jay
I thought of possibly doing them in white, but I don't think I will. There is something about white wheels that just doesn't sit right with me; not sure what it is; but it is a good thought. Blue is out because it is too much of such a bright color. I think that black with the GT3 on the center caps painted in blue would look good. I will most likely do the center cap script in the blue even if I keep the wheels silver.

I will do a photoshop of black wheels and white and then decide.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:54 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

Originally Posted by 340Elise
I planned on doing the wheels in the blue, but decided to hold off since it is such a bright color. Doing them in blue would match with the 997 RS color design themes, but as I mentioned, I don't want to get carried away with the blue, including on the inside.

As for the "GT3" on the rear quarter panel, do you mean like what 95% of 997 GT3 owners did who put decals on their car? If so, then that is why I did not do it; I wanted something unique.

No, that is not OEM. That is the one that FVD sells. They gave me a money back guarantee if I or my body shop did not like the quality or fit and finish. One of their main techs told me that he strongly recommends OEM for this kind of stuff. I liked that guarantee and honesty, so I decided to give it a try. The part is made in Germany.

My body shop was very impressed with the part and its fit, so we decided to go with it. It fits well, but not like OEM. But for $3,500, it is well worth it to me; no way that I will spend $8 or 10K on the factory parts. Supposedly Porsche had a price reduction of parts, so I called Sunset before using the aftermarket part. They had the new prices and still quoted about $5K for the RS decklid and another $5K for the wing, and that was at 15% over. Not sure if the info is correct, but now I really do not care. I am very pleased with this part.

yes.. when i saw your pics, first thing i thought about was it was a similar color scheme to the 996gt3RS in the white and blue. i was also thinking about doing this but perhaps adding the fading of the blue in the front and rear bumper stickers.

about the decklid, from the pics it looks really great how how does the CF weave compare to the oem RS blade? i also contaced suncoast last week regarding pricing. its about $4800 now for the decklid and blade
Old 03-03-2008, 10:17 PM
340Elise
Banned

yes.. when i saw your pics, first thing i thought about was it was a similar color scheme to the 996gt3RS in the white and blue. i was also thinking about doing this but perhaps adding the fading of the blue in the front and rear bumper stickers.

about the decklid, from the pics it looks really great how how does the CF weave compare to the oem RS blade? i also contaced suncoast last week regarding pricing. its about $4800 now for the decklid and blade
I cannot compare my CF weave to the stock weave since I have never seen a real 997 RS in the wild. What I can say is that it appears to be of excellent quality, and the weave is similar to what I have inside on my base carbon package. I will look at it closer and compare it with the inside carbon. If you have a pic of the RS weave up close, then I would be happy to compare it for you.

So let me ask you about the OEM parts. I asked them and they said that each part was about $5K, not a total of $5K for both the lid and wing. Are you sure that the price includes both?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 AM
daytonaviolet
Racer

I cannot compare my CF weave to the stock weave since I have never seen a real 997 RS in the wild. What I can say is that it appears to be of excellent quality, and the weave is similar to what I have inside on my base carbon package. I will look at it closer and compare it with the inside carbon. If you have a pic of the RS weave up close, then I would be happy to compare it for you.

So let me ask you about the OEM parts. I asked them and they said that each part was about $5K, not a total of $5K for both the lid and wing. Are you sure that the price includes both?
yes.. im very sure its at that price. you can call and ask to speak with either ric or steve. that was the price i was quoted last week. the total price was about $5200+ for decklid/blade shipped from florida to california. the attached pictures is what you get for for about ~$5200 shipped, depending where u live.
Attached Images   
Old 03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
340Elise
Banned

yes.. im very sure its at that price. you can call and ask to speak with either ric or steve. that was the price i was quoted last week. the total price was about $5200+ for decklid/blade shipped from florida to california. the attached pictures is what you get for for about ~$5200 shipped, depending where u live.
That is good to know, thank you very much! One more question: what about the vertical blades for the end of the wing and the intake covers? Also, I believe there are other little parts that are required for this conversion. I just want to know what the final price is with every single piece required to do the conversion. I might call Sunset today and ask them.

Stephen
Old 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

That is good to know, thank you very much! One more question: what about the vertical blades for the end of the wing and the intake covers? Also, I believe there are other little parts that are required for this conversion. I just want to know what the final price is with every single piece required to do the conversion. I might call Sunset today and ask them.

Stephen
stephen,

no problem buddy. i just think with the oem porsche price reductions, we can all take advantage of oem parts at lower prices. yes.. the side pieces comes with it too. so for the quoted $4800 + shipping, you get the #1 (decklid) + #2(blade + end pieces+ end piece screws). there are a few minor things you'll need to buy seperately like items #30, #31 and #32 (which are screws, washers and end cap to cover the screws), #9 (rubber weather stripping) and important... the GT3 emblem. some minor things are the mobile 1 sticker and the the emmisions sticker. supposely, if you give them your VIN number.. they can order those stickers with your VIN number imprinted on them.. that i haven't tried yet. as you can see from the diagrams, all the other GT3 stock items can be retrofitted to the RS decklid. i have the part#'s if you like that too

thanks,
fernando
Attached Images    
Old 03-04-2008, 05:58 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just put this script on purchased from porschestripes.com.

It is not perfect as I am waiting for Tequipment to get theirs out.
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2008, 06:14 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

first- I really like the color.

If you want to rework the letters, my suggestion is to slightly modify the A...which in your pics has an extra blue section on the left side of the horizontal cross-bar of the letter. if you make that all white, and give it a bit more lean to the right, it would make it look even better. In current guise the A looks too narrow, and oddly three-dimensional compared to the other letters, which all look really good.

If you're trying to choose between black wheels and white wheels, please get black- it's a better combo overall. Black wheels make the car look more mean and manly (especially than flat silver)- which on a white car, with a relatively baby blue stripe...it could use.

kinda OT but how is the weight loss project going on the car?
Old 03-04-2008, 06:31 PM
J.A.W.S.
Pro

very individual. nice colour-combo. but the CARRERA script is a no-go.
want the original script (old&new) as vector PDF? hit me back...

rgds

ps: blue wheels

Last edited by J.A.W.S.; 05-22-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Full Body Shots