Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Reminder when taking out of storage

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 03:22 PM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Further to FCRacer's remarks about salt, the roads here in Toronto are a mess. If you live downtown, you need to navigate snowbanks that restrict traffic to one lane and numerous craters waiting to swallow cars.
It appears that our municipal government has forgotten that we pay them to clear and maintain the streets. They even had the nerve to hold a press conference to announce that they were embarking on a two week program to remove snow.
The small street that my garage fronts on has been ploughed ONCE this year and salted twice. Thank god for a politically incorrect Toyota Sequoia and great neighbors banding together to shovel snow and remove ice. Can't wait to take their latest "carbon footprint" online test that is supposed to modify my behaviour and blow it off the scale.
db-GT3, you are correct....off to Jamaica for me and I don't want to come back until April
Old 02-26-2008, 11:45 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Wouldn't it just be easier to move south for the winter? I don't know why you so many of you always need to make everything so difficult.
I'm new to the east coast, but I have to say, this cold white stuff gets old really fast. I'm seriously considering a move to California, HK or Singapore. I want SUN!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by rideau
Further to FCRacer's remarks about salt, the roads here in Toronto are a mess. If you live downtown, you need to navigate snowbanks that restrict traffic to one lane and numerous craters waiting to swallow cars.
It appears that our municipal government has forgotten that we pay them to clear and maintain the streets. They even had the nerve to hold a press conference to announce that they were embarking on a two week program to remove snow.
The small street that my garage fronts on has been ploughed ONCE this year and salted twice. Thank god for a politically incorrect Toyota Sequoia and great neighbors banding together to shovel snow and remove ice. Can't wait to take their latest "carbon footprint" online test that is supposed to modify my behaviour and blow it off the scale.
db-GT3, you are correct....off to Jamaica for me and I don't want to come back until April
Ottawa's not much better. We're over 3m of snow this winter.

When I go to my mom's to plow her driveway with the plow truck I usually do half the street. Street in front of my house will be plowed 3 times before hers is done once and I pay 1/3 the taxes she does.

Big 4x4 trucks are handy.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:26 AM
rideau
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Chris
Yes, big 4X4's do work well and I'm fortunate to have a choice for weather conditions. Our Audi A3 works well in winter also. 996 is up on a lift in our heated garage with battery maintainer on. Some years ago (before lift) I stored it in a heated apartment building garage here in TO that didn't have electricity available for the maintainer. As a result, battery life was short...one every two years. If I had to do it over again, I would remove the battery for the winter.
Our summer home is near Ottawa and only 1 hr from Calabogie. What a track!What events are you attending there this year?
Cheers
Ian

Quick Reply: Reminder when taking out of storage