Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Some track footage followin a Superleggerra.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:39 PM
GlennMc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some track footage followin a Superleggerra.

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...rrent=SS2a.flv
Old 02-20-2008, 03:02 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

nice driving, i see you scared the lambo out of your way!
thanks for sharing.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:32 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great video! I really thought you bought the back end of that Lambo at about 2:50 to go in the video, lol.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:34 PM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by potent951turbo86
Great video! I really thought you bought the back end of that Lambo at about 2:50 to go in the video, lol.
Man, you have no idea

My *** was all puckered up at that point, thought it was going to be ana expensive day out
Old 02-20-2008, 04:18 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 591 Posts

Nice vid. I definitely thought you ate the backend of that Superleggera at one point. You were definitely all over his ***. What was that white car that went by you?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:45 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Nice clip. Thanks for sharing. Do you drive with PSM on or off? You were doing some slides at some corners. Superleggerra look very stable.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:25 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

- i guess lambo buys don't believe in point byes

- that slow speed corner gets your car everytime (bid there done that)
- that is the type of corner that exposes the cars / tires weaknesses perfectly
- with the stock tires (if you take it above 9/10ths it just ploughs - not enough front grip) and if you give it a tiny bit too much gas with a slower entry you have to be ready to catch the car quickly

- very nice driving

- what was the temp, what tires were you running and what are your alignment specs

thanks

paul
Old 02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great footage and side seat driving!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:09 PM
DRG13
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He must have left off the "rear view mirror" when selecting his options...and didn't realize he bought the tow package and trailer (with GT3 included)

his new nickname -- Supergetouttathewayya
Old 02-20-2008, 06:43 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

I love driving silverstone on my xbox...looks really similar. slippery cold weather I assume?

good work staying on the superL without kissing it, looks like you could have gone a lot faster if he wasn't roadblocking

good catch on the slide- are you wearing the porsche martini racing jacket? that might be good for a few extra HP.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:07 PM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
- i guess lambo buys don't believe in point byes

- that slow speed corner gets your car everytime (bid there done that)
- that is the type of corner that exposes the cars / tires weaknesses perfectly
- with the stock tires (if you take it above 9/10ths it just ploughs - not enough front grip) and if you give it a tiny bit too much gas with a slower entry you have to be ready to catch the car quickly

- very nice driving

- what was the temp, what tires were you running and what are your alignment specs

thanks

paul

I arrived at the track at 10:30 am, it was -2c and it was fog bound, we didn't get on track until 1:30 PM

Getting heat in the tyres was a bit of a problem, and i am running the Non N0 cups up front (BMW M3 CSL ones) and original NO rears.
Also running Cup front splitter.

I have the new 997GT2 rear sway bar fitted, and it has made the WORLD of difference to the car, the character of the car is compketely different now, and just how it should be, perfectly balanced.

I always run with TC on, as you can see in the vid, the rear end let go on the tight left hander, so i hardly think it nannys you.

Track never really got above 4-5c all day, so never really grippy.

zero toe front, about -3 degrees front and rear iirc.

Car feels great now.

G.

Last edited by GlennMc; 02-20-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:10 PM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I love driving silverstone on my xbox...looks really similar. slippery cold weather I assume?

good work staying on the superL without kissing it, looks like you could have gone a lot faster if he wasn't roadblocking

good catch on the slide- are you wearing the porsche martini racing jacket? that might be good for a few extra HP.
Yes, my wife has turned me into Martini man, easy Xmas/b day presents...

Just got the leather jacket actually, very nice.....i do look a real **** when i have it all on though, especially with matching baseball cap

It was VERY cold there, there was ice at the right hander at Bridge in the 1st 2 sessions, which made for some interesting turn in

Some pics:

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...rrent=SS2a.flv

Old 02-20-2008, 07:36 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GlennMc
I arrived at the track at 10:30 am, it was -2c and it was fog bound, we didn't get on track until 1:30 PM

Getting heat in the tyres was a bit of a problem, and i am running the Non N0 cups up front (BMW M3 CSL ones) and original NO rears.
Also running Cup front splitter.

I have the new 997GT2 rear sway bar fitted, and it has made the WORLD of difference to the car, the character of the car is compketely different now, and just how it should be, perfectly balanced.

I always run with TC on, as you can see in the vid, the rear end let go on the tight right hander, so i hardly think it nannys you.

Track never really got above 4-5c all day, so never really grippy.

zero toe front, about -3 degrees front and rear iirc.

Car feels great now.

G.

Glenn,

Thanks for the reply.
I think I also have you to thank for the GT2 bar info - I got the details from another UK rennlister.
I just had it installed and will be testing it out in 6 weeks at my first event for the season.
I also have your tire setup but with a little less rear camber in order to save the insides of the tires.
Your video just reminds me so much as to how my car handles on similar type corners at similar temps
I'm in the process of trying to fit the 265/30/19 m3csl tire in the front but it is going to require a small spacer and a baseball bat to make it fit with rubbing under track loads.

thanks again

Paul
Old 02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
GlennMc
Racer

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
Glenn,

Thanks for the reply.
I think I also have you to thank for the GT2 bar info - I got the details from another UK rennlister.
I just had it installed and will be testing it out in 6 weeks at my first event for the season.
I also have your tire setup but with a little less rear camber in order to save the insides of the tires.
Your video just reminds me so much as to how my car handles on similar type corners at similar temps
I'm in the process of trying to fit the 265/30/19 m3csl tire in the front but it is going to require a small spacer and a baseball bat to make it fit with rubbing under track loads.

thanks again

Paul

No problems, you will love the new set up.....

But mate, if you want any advice at all from me, DO NOT fit a 265 front tyre.

the thing with this new set up, it makes the rear end a lot more active, and this in turn gets the rear tyres quite hot (especially these N0 ones that don't handle the heat aswell as the old style ones)..so the car can be a little edgy when the front are just getting to temp, the rears are starting to get very hot, if you put that 265 up front, you will have monsterous turn in, and just make this issue worse, and i think you will totally overwhelm the rear end.

I really advise to start with a 235 1st, as the car is so different.

These 2 different style of Cups have very different heat capacity from what i have found.

We are running zero front toe now too.

G.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Dan Blumenthal
Advanced

Yeah, you were definitely all in the Lambo's tail end. He should have let you by and seen if he could follow you follow you for a while. Wasn't there a place on the track where you felt like you had more speed than him--where you could make a safe pass?

Dan

Quick Reply: Some track footage followin a Superleggerra.