Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What Is The Availability of 2008 GT2 ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:06 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

SuperCup Great post. But my opinion DOES count. When Porsche is suffering again like 1996 and they can GIVE away a 911. I can remember how I have been treated and choose not to spend my money there.
I have bought a TT and 2 GT3's in the 5 years and I am not even on Porsche Mailing list. I bet if I had bought a F360, a F430 and a Scud I would be on SOMEBODYs list. I am not feeling the warmth from Porsche on any of this stuff.
Still what you say is pretty darn close to reality.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:51 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

OG you just have to know where to look...and generally speaking CA dealers are douchebags.

remember it's not the dealer but the Salesperson who really makes the most difference. I got both of my new GT3s halfway across the country, and my used TT I just happened to find at Ruf in Dallas.

I laugh every time I see 50 over or more for a 200k car- especially those f430 spiders @ 320k.

for 300, I'm gonna save up a touch more and get an RT12, or save more for a CGT. I've always wanted an F40 too, but I think those are around 450-500. Or buy a 996 RSR or 997 cup car, and have a budget for 2 seasons or more (including rebuilds). Basically something that will have an unassailable value if I ever want to sell it.

I vote with my wallet.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:26 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

930man

Send me a PM with the amount over you want for your GT2...very interested!!!!

Thanks,

RichK
Old 02-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Dan Blumenthal
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George3
Just wondering... what exactly is the availability of a 2008 Porsche GT2 ?

Is it on allocation / on a per order basis / or just not available to regular folks?

Where could "one" buy one... provided one was interested?

A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from a salesman I know at Bluegrass Motorsport in Kentucky. They had a GT2 build available for April delivery, but wanted $300k for it, with options just that. I told them this was way too steep. I'm not sure what other dealers are getting...

Dan
Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldGuy
SuperCup Great post. But my opinion DOES count. When Porsche is suffering again like 1996 and they can GIVE away a 911. I can remember how I have been treated and choose not to spend my money there.
I have bought a TT and 2 GT3's in the 5 years and I am not even on Porsche Mailing list. I bet if I had bought a F360, a F430 and a Scud I would be on SOMEBODYs list. I am not feeling the warmth from Porsche on any of this stuff.
Still what you say is pretty darn close to reality.
FYI, Porsche did not suffer in 96 , that happened approx from 89 on to the intruction of the 993 in 94.

But things were pretty bad back then, I will never forget that we had to sell 965's at invoice minus PCNA dealer cash to make those things go away......that was a $200 or in cartalk "mini" commission on a genuine 100 k car......not good when you have mouths to feed. 928 GtS's were absolute boatanchors in showroom floors and the last ones (95's) sold as late as 97, brand new. Talking about mega flooring costs.

The only legitimate list you will ever go on is if you buy cars from the same dealer over and over again, use the same salesperson (hopefully he is worth a lick) and so on. Most likely you should be on the PCNA marketing list but thats just advertising.

As far as F car dealers, lol, you will be surprised beyond believe what kind of a snakepit the F car business is, curbing, gifts, bribing,flat out lies etc etc even experienced sales people fail more often than not when getting a chance to actually work at one. The politics , internal and external are mind bogling putting the worst soap opera to shame, and FCNA plays a HUGE role in it.

BTW, there are some very well respected listers on this board which I had dealings with in the F car world and some of them are not as kosher as they present them to be..............
Old 02-18-2008, 10:19 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Blumenthal
A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from a salesman I know at Bluegrass Motorsport in Kentucky. They had a GT2 build available for April delivery, but wanted $300k for it, with options just that. I told them this was way too steep. I'm not sure what other dealers are getting...

Dan
is "bluegrass" some sort of code name for marajuana
let me smoke some of that.... 300k. hahaha. now if a RL really is willing to pay that premium, we should have such morons removed from the board.

i actually bought my first GT3 from them in late 03. they wanted 10k over. 6 months later, they called me and sold it to me at MSRP. i know GT2 is much rarers, but $300k..... i love porsches, but i still got a few brain cells left and can push a few buttons on my HP17B and figure out the numbers.

btw, once you do buy from marajuana grass, they do a great job shipping the car and all the title work, whick is a lot more than i can say with some other out of state dealers.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:13 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

There are numerous Porsche dealers that have a policy of charging nothing over MSRP. Reeves in Tampa and Brumos in Jacksonville are two that are local to me where a lot of my cutomers have picked up GT3s, and GT3 RSs at MSRP. Problem is that you are starting late to try and find a dealer that has not sold their allocation.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 281 Posts

My advice would be steer clear of dealers with "grass" in their names - acting like they're on the boards to be of help.

There was an article in Fortune recently about what it takes to be able to get one of those Ferraris at MSRP, it only works for the uber wealthy who then trade cars back to the dealers to sell lightly used. Dealers must have used cars on hand for those first time buyers - they don't get a new car or they're told it's a 2+ year wait.

I'm with OG...I have to say my recent experiences acquiring a Turbo/GT3 have left me completely disgusted and for the time being unable to enjoy my Porsche experience. Truly sad how much lying and deceit is going on in their sales channel - can't wait to see many of them enjoy the upcoming economic slow down with cars pickling on their lots - they've earned it.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:28 PM
mr997
Advanced

Yeh, I looked into getting on the list for a F430 last year. Keep in mind, I have never purchased one. I was referred to a particular salesman by my friend who had one ordered and delivered. They told me in order to pick one up, I would have to be a current Ferrari owner, which required me to buy either a used 355 or a 360 on the spot. Then I would get onto the 2 yr wait list. Or pay $75k markup for a used one they had in their lot
Old 02-20-2008, 02:10 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found the thread and all I have to say is WOW, what a beauty, guards red suits the car so well!!! Big congrats and of course, enjoy it in the best of health!

Can't wait to hear more impressions and see more pic's, hopefully some videos on the track as well
Old 02-20-2008, 03:11 PM
kailuadog
Instructor

Never run out and buy the shiney new toy.
Let somebody else do that, then buy it from them after they have grown scared of the power.

Quick Reply: What Is The Availability of 2008 GT2 ???