FS 2007 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:35 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by 340Elise
On Elise Talk they have a rule about posting links to other cars for sale and/or making comments about the price of the sellers car. I really think this is a good rule.

Besides, doesn't he have a lot of aftermarket items on the car?
I respectfully disagree with the rule on Elise Talk.
My post should helps him more to sell his car than those who said nothing.

If he has other parts that made him ask for more on his car, say it. Potential buyer will be reading this thread and will be informed.

I do not believe I cross any line. My intention was to help him sell his car and nothing else.

That being said; I will not include the "For Sale" links in the future. I prefer to post the screen shot anyway because it will last forever than a link.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:43 PM
cosmo
Instructor

Default GT3

Thanks for the comments. The link to that car is low optioned no after market parts and he wants about 8k over msrp, no comparison. My price is right below msrp with the 4k worth of extra's not counting the fact I'd throw in a set of CCW's for a fellow rennlister.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:08 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
I respectfully disagree with the rule on Elise Talk.
My post should helps him more to sell his car than those who said nothing..
How did you help him? You asked why his car should be worth more now than the car you pointed out. Is that an old ad or a current one? If it is current then someone may go buy that car; people should do their own homework on the values of cars.

If he has other parts that made him ask for more on his car, say it. Potential buyer will be reading this thread and will be informed.
He did, here is part of his post: "Car is Arctic Silver/Black int/ black wheels
all leather, adaptive sport seats, Bi-xenon pkge, heated seats, fire ext., sport chrono, floor mats, crest in seats, thicker steering wheel, and painted wheels in dev color.
Extras added : Farnbacher Loles radiator screens, rollbar painted silver, 3m protection, track alignment, protosport rotors.Priced to sell at $119,000. No dents, paint chips or dings.
Available as addons: 996 leather gt3 race seats w/ crest, Team Tech 5pt harness, brey krause sub bars,, A set of CCW r-14 forged wheels aluminum finish.Wheels are perfect no dents "

I do not believe I cross any line. My intention was to help him sell his car and nothing else.

That being said; I will not include the "For Sale" links in the future. I prefer to post the screen shot anyway because it will last forever than a link.
Explain to me again how you are helping? Is your screen shot comment supposed to be funny?

The actual rule on Elise Talk (and yes I know this is not ET) is that "For Sale does not mean discussion." Based on that, I am also breaking that rule with my responses to your posts. But I really do not think you are trying to help the seller, and if you are not buying the car, or seriously interested in it, then you should not be posting anything of length other than maybe "nice pics, good luck with the sale."

I realize that this is the internet and it is easy to do things like this; but let me ask you this: Would you go to your local Porsche dealer and hang around a GT3 in the showroom that you believe may be overpriced and tell people who are walking in that they can get a better deal down the street? I don't know you, but I highly doubt you would.

I don't know the seller, but he should be free to advertise his car without harassment or links to other similar cars for sale in his own thread.

What I believe would be fair and beneficial for buyers if if you started a thread on how to buy a GT3 (things to look for) and try to find some data on what these cars have been selling for and in which region of the country or world. This would be a great thread for those who are not in the "know."
Old 02-15-2008, 08:46 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation ...

Originally Posted by 340Elise
The actual rule on Elise Talk (and yes I know this is not ET) is that "For Sale does not mean discussion."
Take a deep breath....

May be you can ask the Mods the same rule where, when a member posted a "FS", the thread locks automatically.

I still stand by my original intention on giving the seller a better perspective on his asking price especially when he want to sell the car to a member. What is wrong with that?

Why are you so pissed off? Bad Valentine's Day? Come on... this is Friday.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:52 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

you seem to be the defensive one...
Old 02-18-2008, 07:16 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a deep breath....

May be you can ask the Mods the same rule where, when a member posted a "FS", the thread locks automatically.

I still stand by my original intention on giving the seller a better perspective on his asking price especially when he want to sell the car to a member. What is wrong with that?

You just don't get it, do you? I'm not angry, it is not my thread, and I don't know what V day has to do with it.

What you did is post a link to another car for sale in someone elses FS thread, and comment why his is worth more.

Now I know the answer to my question about standing in the showroom of a dealership telling people about the same car for sale down the street for less. You wouldn't have the *****.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
User 4621
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 326 Posts

Take a deep breath....

He posted an ad for a car quite a bit below MSRP, if I added this up correctly. You posted a very different car at far above MSRP.

I'm more apt to suspect your motives than his.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 583 Posts

That add on cars.com is really old. I doubt that car is still there. If it is, its a bad deal at way over MSRP.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:44 PM
cosmo
Instructor

Default Thanks

Thanks for pointing that out. I've had several tire kickers but nothing firm yet
Thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 11:20 AM
cosmo
Instructor

Default Back from PSDS

If anyone has questions on the GT3 give me a call as I'm back from two great days at the PORSCHE SPORT DRIVING SCHOOL at BARBER MOTORSPORTS.
Terry
757-481-5118
Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck Terry!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:40 PM
jenk12m
Banned

how did the driving school go?
Old 02-23-2008, 04:18 PM
cosmo
Instructor

Default COOL SCHOOL

SCHOOL WAS COOL!!
SERIOUSLY, BEST MONEY SPENT. IF YOU HAVE NON, SOME OR ALOT OF TRACK TIME THE EXPERIENCE IS WELL WORTH THE MONEY. I'VE HAD OVER TWENTY THREE TRACK DAYS OVER THE LAST 6 MONTHS WITH INSTRUCTION AND A GOOD FRIEND SAID I WOULDN'T BE SORRY AND HE WAS RIGHT. ALL THE INSTRUCTORS WERE ON THE SAME PAGE FROM HURLEY HAYWOOD DOWN TO THE NEWEST INSTRUCTORS. CASS WANTS EVERYONE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME, BE SAFE AND GET THE MOST OUT OF THE SCHOOL . FIRST DAY WAS SIXTY DEGREES AND WE STARTED OUT WITH SOME BASICS IN THE CLASS ROOM INCLUDING AV PLUS LECTURE ON TECHNICAL TOPICS(WEIGHT TRANSFER,CONTACT PATCH, BRAKING , AND FRICTION CIRCLE) THEN OFF TO THE TRACK WHERE WE BROKE OUT INTO GROUPS. THREE STATIONS FOR WORKING ON SKID PAD,LOOKING THRU CORNER DRILLS, BRAKING, AND AUTOCROSS TECHNIQUE THEN MAX TRACK TIME. FOLLOW THE LEADER,RIDING W/ INSTRUCTORS AND DID I MENTION TRACK TIME.
SAT NIGHT BIG DINNER (FIRST CLASS W/ INSTRUCTORS)
SECOND DAY WE HAD RAIN BUT DID I MENTION TRACK TIME.BREIF CLASSROOM WORK PSM, HEEL AND TOE EARLY AND LATE APEXING. THEN OFF TO THE TRACK. , MORE SKID PAD WORK W/ A CONTEST, HH TEACHING HEEL N TOE AND AUTOCROSS TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGE. ALSO DID I MENTION MORE TRACK TIME. PORSCHE HAS IT'S ACT TOGETHER WITH THIS SCHOOL AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. BY THE WAY BARBER IS GREAT EVEN AT SPEED IN THE RAIN.

Last edited by cosmo; 02-23-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: ADD INFO
Old 02-23-2008, 05:25 PM
jenk12m
Banned

sounds like you had a great time. i know those spots fill up fast, but hopefully i can make it to one of those in my lifetime. the challenges seem to be a great way of making it and even better event
Old 02-24-2008, 05:03 PM
cosmo
Instructor

Default 2007 GT3FOR SALE UPDATE

I HAVE CHGD AD TO REFLECT SOLD PARTS
I bought the car in sept 07 & did DE's (2) with it and now decided to buy a cup car .
Car is Arctic Silver/Black int/ black wheels
all leather, adaptive sport seats, Bi-xenon pkge, heated seats, fire ext., sport chrono, floor mats, crest in seats, thicker steering wheel, and painted wheels in dev color.
Extras added : Farnbacher Loles radiator screens, rollbar painted silver, 3m protection, track alignment, protosport rotors.. No dents or dings .A set of CCW r-14 forged wheels aluminum finish.(18")Wheels are perfect no dents . FOR RENNLISTER'S ONLY.Priced to sell at $119,000
Thanks for looking and tell your friends.

Quick Reply: FS 2007 GT3