GT3 day at Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:10 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
This is ironic b/c I did just that with HOD's help at THILL for $225 a person at 18heads. Mooty was even there. Not sure why David upped the price so much??? Is he bringing along a good sized coaching staff? Its a little steep for my blood and also a helluva drive from LA but I would love to see the pictures from the attendees. Sounds like a great time. I'm all for a private GT3 day at buttowillow. Rented that track several times as well.

-jim
if you do BW for two consecutive days, i think some of us norcal nuts will attend. there's a "decent" BBQ/rib place right outside track, near that FAMOUS indian place.

yeah, maybe we can bug dave and do another back to back track day. i know he's hesitant to pass on LS dates but TH should be easy.

and we an also bug doug at TMR for private days. not sure about prices, but he has 7-8 days reserved at infineon for 2008.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mjb
Ha, ha...dude, you bought a 6GT3 just for LS
Moot gets confused -- he thought it was expensive to "own" Laguna, but the offer was to actually _own_ Laguna.

Anyway, he bought it. : )
Old 01-18-2008, 01:27 PM
db_gt3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack
David,

Have you gone faster than a 1:57xx in your GT3 at Buttonwillow doing #13CW? If not, you're slower than an Exige S in the hands of a real good driver (not me ) -- new course record for our Lotus group.

And, you're correct, by more fun...I mean more fun. You'd be faster in a Lotus than your GT3 too.

Better hurry on the 25th, it's almost FULL.
Was that on slicks?

Have yet to break 2:00 but I'm getting closer and closer (2:02 on MPSC). If I were running slicks it would be a different story.

really though, how can I argue with a 1000 lb. weight difference? Let me drive the lotus cup and you may have another convert.

I will send my check.

Quick Reply: GT3 day at Thunderhill