Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Nike GT# RS racing shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:45 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a more complete blog post about the shoes: http://www.highsnobiety.com/home/the...3_rs/index.htm

I'm a sneakerhead - yes, I realize this makes me look 12 years old - and I'd guess these shoes were a one-off promo piece done by a retail shop (Purchaze) with official blessing from neither Nike nor Porsche. The finish on the sneakers doesn't look that great compared to other Air Max Lights, and the Porsche logo on the tongue looks like an iron-on patch.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:46 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought the watch as well cause of the car, a little pricey considering it's plastic. Also picked up the three limited run RS posters with the orange car against the B&W background had them professionally framed for the garage/office. There are also 2 more promo shots of the orange RS. One on the 2007 calender and the other on the cover of the techequipment brochure.

Originally Posted by leif997
another "must have" for orange RS owners is this watch, 911 GT3 chrono ...I got one for me and one for my son
Old 01-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Shark-GT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I am really disappointed in you. These are such a ****ty design school prop department rip-off.

Here is a cut and paste job from my rant over on 6-Speed.

These are just atrocious.
Count on both Porsche A.G. and Porsche-Design to put a stop to these pretty soon.

This is not a Porsche licensed product, but a gift of gratitude from Leyp (Shoe Customizing Company) to the Porsche dealership in the Netherlands that lent them a Cayman for a store opening.

These WILL NOT be used by any Porsche Racing Team / Crew other than the 4 man crew of the Porsche Dealership in the Netherlands.

I would have a hard time giving kudos to my own kid if he / she created this ****.
They are claiming to pay tribute to the GT3-RS but "Hide" the Porsche (Patch) Crest behind the laces. They also do not have any traditional GT3 or Heritage design cues other than the colored spray paint.

Porsche has however teamed with Adidas, (German Company) and Porsche-Design has teamed with both Adidas and Stand-1 to create truly beautiful shoes. The standard Adidas models posted on page 1 are not to my liking, but they look infinitely better than the Nike Wanna-bees / Craft Project.

Here are a couple pictures of the real deals....

Link to pictures

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...=114044&page=2

I cannot possibly be the only one here with an eye for quality and an appreciation for design. Or am I?

Here are the shoes I would expect the track enthusiast members here at Rennlist to appreciate.
Maybe I just don't get it.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

you all have to be kidding to order those shoes right????? they are horrible.... couldnt imagine in driving in them ... thick and just plain bad... more of internet joke i would think
Old 01-14-2008, 10:33 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

another "must have" for orange RS owners is this watch, 911 GT3 chrono ...I got one for me and one for my son
Got the watch also Hans. I like it, but the hands are hard to see. Thinking about taking my little car to the shop and power coating it black, heh heh.

Still like the shoes, even though they are getting a bad rap. Not intending to replace my driving shoes, but would be cool around town, as I don't wear my piloti's around town anyway.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 01-14-2008, 11:06 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Got the watch also Hans. I like it, but the hands are hard to see. Thinking about taking my little car to the shop and power coating it black, heh heh.

Still like the shoes, even though they are getting a bad rap. Not intending to replace my driving shoes, but would be cool around town, as I don't wear my piloti's around town anyway.
Franz...not feelin' the shoes...look rather orthopaedic to me...kinda old folks retirement community; like it should come with a color matching cane...

You got to pomp op your eyez to be able to zee der hands un der vatch, yah!!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM
tmario
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Franz...not feelin' the shoes...look rather orthopaedic to me...kinda old folks retirement community; like it should come with a color matching cane...

+111111
Old 01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ditto, that's a good one Hans! But, ya know, if you dress em' up right, they may look good. Say, with some old school nylon basketball shorts that barely cover your nads, some knee high 3 stripe tube socks and a really cool half shirt????

Anyway, I bought the watch cuz it gives me 3 extra hp.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

But, ya know, if you dress em' up right, they may look good. Say, with some old school nylon basketball shorts that barely cover your nads, some knee high 3 stripe tube socks and a really cool half shirt????
If you dress up like that description ^^..I got a parade here in NYC that you might like to attend...you might fit in just right in with these "guys" with that look...........(and, no....they are not "friends" of mine thus I cannot give you their #)
Attached Images   
Old 01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If you dress up like that description ^^..I got a parade here in NYC that you might like to attend...you might fit in just right in with these "guys" with that look...........(and, no....they are not "friends" of mine thus I cannot give you their #)
Too "funny", pun intended. But, dude, could have done without the visual. Please tell me those pics didn't come from your desktop background!!??
Old 01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Too "funny", pun intended. But, dude, could have done without the visual. Please tell me those pics didn't come from your desktop background!!??
Haayyyy....don't be hating on my desktop picths
Old 01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
frayed
Race Car

Ridunkulous.

Then again, I don't name my cars, nor wear Pcar hats/shoes/jerseys/watches/sunglasses, etc. Love the marque, as I do BMW and Ferrari, but porsche brand gear other than cars and, with possible exception of a few car accessories, is ghey.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

every thread should be like this...
Old 01-14-2008, 04:02 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BobbyC
every thread should be like this...
Totally! Is there someone that is good with photoshop? How bout photoshopping those shoes on Hans' "friends".
Old 01-14-2008, 07:07 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Recieved two e-mails form "Purchaze" today stating they will not be selling the shoes to the public. Sounds like some of you will be glad.

Quick Reply: Nike GT# RS racing shoes