Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

agree with Bobby C

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts
Default agree with Bobby C

Took delivery of my orange RS Tuesday!!!! WOW, WOW, AND WOW this is the ride of a lifetime.

I do notice a big difference in the suspension vs the GT3...

Putting on the sharkwerks bypass muffler and then its off to Buttonwillow 1/15 with Jack and the other track junkies.

BIG BIG thumbs up on this one!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow, big congrats! You know the rules, picts please!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have fun
Old 01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!
One little note, if you do notice a "big" difference in the suspension vs GT3, check your setup & alignment. If stock from factory settings, you are not supposed to feel a "big" difference, if any at all.
I will love to know more about the exhaust. Please post your impressions.
Enjoy!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Took delivery of my orange RS Tuesday!!!! WOW, WOW, AND WOW this is the ride of a lifetime.

Putting on the sharkwerks bypass muffler and then its off to Buttonwillow 1/15 with Jack and the other track junkies.

Congrats, Rich.

Please call me re: the 15th
Old 01-10-2008, 02:22 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,358 Likes on 630 Posts

rich we want pics!

pics!

haha. upload a few on photobucket and post the [img] code
Old 01-10-2008, 04:51 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what run group are you going with?
I wanna go
Old 01-10-2008, 07:45 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LERA GT2
Congratulations!
One little note, if you do notice a "big" difference in the suspension vs GT3, check your setup & alignment. If stock from factory settings, you are not supposed to feel a "big" difference, if any at all.
That is what I always thought too if it is the same settings. But maybe the RS is set up for the track from the factory and the regular GT3 for the street; that would not surprise me at all. Then I could see it being a big difference.

But if they are the same, I'm pretty sure you need to be a very experienced pro driver with the perception of a robot to tell the difference. I believe that Walter Rohrl mentioned the main difference on a high speed track is because of the increased down force of the rear wing.

Originally Posted by LERA GT2
I will love to know more about the exhaust. Please post your impressions.
Enjoy!
I just installed this exhaust last weekend; it is well worth the price, especially when you consider the alternatives. It also saves the claimed 16 lbs that Sharky advertises; I was very precise with my measurements. I weighed all of the parts going on the car including the clamps and nuts and bolts, and then weighed everything that came off of the car including nuts, bolts, and gaskets. It was 16 lbs on the dot, give or take a couple of ounces.

My impression is that this is an excellent solution for the individual who wants to make the car sound better and more exotic, but with a unique sound that is out of this world! When I have the sport button off, it sounds just like it did before; maybe slight increases in sound at idle, but really nothing that I could detect. Then when you click the sport button, you will immediately find that it is louder and more pleasant to the ear, but not at all too loud (unless you are really sensitive to aftermarket exhausts, which means you wouldn't consider it in the first place). I can't imagine anyone who wants some more db's complaining about this solution.

Anyway, as I said, I noticed it right away, but I was actually a bit disappointed that it was not louder (I had some nice aftermarket de-cat exhausts on my Elise and Exige S such as the 4" canister Tubular single tip from the UK). But as I started climbing in the RPM's, it got louder and sweeter with every 100 revs until it screams at the 8K plus range. I really like this because you can run in the sport mode at civilized rpm's and tool around your neighborhood and no one will really raise an eyebrow (except for the car itself of course); but when you get on it and go into *** kicking mode, it delivers a very noticeable sound elevation, and an even more noticeable sweet *** exhaust note! Unless you are a total extrovert who is looking for ear bleed loud, I doubt you will be disappointed. And cruising on the freeway at any reasonable cruising gear of 4th thru 6th does not have any droning issues; it just sounds so good and so right.

And if it is ever too loud for you because you are on the phone or trying to talk to your passenger (which really is still not a problem as long as you are not at full wail), then your simply turn off the sport button and you are pretty much back to stock non-sport sound.

I am extremely impressed, and I also did not notice a reduction in power based on my butt dyno.

And for the icing on the cake, as long as you have some mechanical abilities that are slightly higher than just changing the oil and filter, then you can do this yourself in about 3 hours if you know the rear of your car, and maybe 5 or 6 if it is your first time taking the bumper off and you like to take your time and enjoy the process and familiarize yourself with the areas behind the bumper. I also detailed everything behind the bumper because of my **** tendencies, and I also took advantage of installing some more clear bra on the lowest part of the bumper just behind the bottom of the wheel wells and between the flared edge on the bumper and the very bottom of the bumper; then going back about a foot (the piece was about 7" x 12" on each side). I also put clear shield along the 1/2" to about 1" strip of paint that is on the inside of the wheel well.

You also will feel better about removing the heavy and unattractive stock center muffler, and replacing it with the nice simple tubing from SharkWerks; even if you can't see it. And since this kit is made to work with the stock tips, then no one will notice and you can avoid the bling look of some of the larger diameter, chrome, mini fart can tips.

I hope this helps. Anyone in the Albuquerque area is welcome to contact me to hear and feel the SharkWerks muffler delete.

Stephen

p.s. this is for Alex only; did I do enough positive write-ups by now to pay for my LWFW?
Old 01-10-2008, 08:10 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, WOW, AND WOW this is the ride of a lifetime.

said the guy with a CGT!!! That is a great testamonial...
Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats!! Enjoy in good health!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

The sharkwerks bypass is amazing...maybe Leif can add some thoughts on the suspension! I had my car set to the european specs for alignment. Will take some pics the car has the PCCB's are some cool orange interior.

Quick Reply: agree with Bobby C