Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New 2008 RS Avialable

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008 | 01:39 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YA911Fan
I think it's turned into a perverse bragging right. "Yeah, I decided to pull the trigger and just write them a bigger check. You only live once, carpe diem, and all that... "

It's probably going to wind up in a plastic cocoon somewhere.
Reminds of a joke about "new" Russians in the mid to late nineties in Russia.

One newly rich Russian meats a similarly rich friend of his and they start looking at the expensive bits they are wearing. One says "Check out my new tie! I just paid $2000 dollars for it in that new trendy boutique." The other one says "Ha, don't think you are so cool! I just paid $2500 for the same one in a place next door"

Kind of like paying 40 grand over sticker for a car (any car).
Old 01-08-2008 | 01:47 PM
tmario
Rennlist Member

I understand the "principle" at issue with paying over MSRP, but in the end, why does MSRP matter? I mean, the company is the one that should be upset that they guessed wrong on the price level and now the dealers or speculators are getting an advantage. For us, we pay the market price regardless - over or under the MSRP... Just my 0.02.
Old 01-08-2008 | 05:34 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Wink ...

Originally Posted by tmario
I understand the "principle" at issue with paying over MSRP, but in the end, why does MSRP matter? I mean, the company is the one that should be upset that they guessed wrong on the price level and now the dealers or speculators are getting an advantage. For us, we pay the market price regardless - over or under the MSRP... Just my 0.02.
I was told that in order for a dealer to receive an allocation, they have to take in other models as well; sort of a package deal. So, MSRP no longer important if that is the case.

However, if the over-MSRP is from a flipper; it just sucks.

Then again, it is good for the economy and bottom line it is a supply and demand that sets the selling price (look at the California housing market!)
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:01 PM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Default Flaked on RS.

Originally Posted by NYC123
they want 200k for it. there seem to be several mystery additional RS allocations around at a few dealers like this car
Yeah, thanks for "flaking" on the RS you PM'd me about. I would appreciate it if guys like you don't PM guys like me about leads on cars if you are going to put a deposit down and back out of the deal. I saw the car...it is awesome and you missed out on a chance to own a very rare color combo.
Old 01-19-2008 | 08:43 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Yeah, thanks for "flaking" on the RS you PM'd me about. I would appreciate it if guys like you don't PM guys like me about leads on cars if you are going to put a deposit down and back out of the deal. I saw the car...it is awesome and you missed out on a chance to own a very rare color combo.
explain ,,,,pm me i think the same happened to me
Old 01-20-2008 | 08:08 AM
RDH
Racer

in all honesty I think it would be great to level the playing field and just sell the cars for fair market value...period..I mean when the car isnt hot most will beat that dealer down as much as possible but god forbid if the car is Hot and will demand more they're horrible....would deminish flippers, dealers would get there money and Not the individual...to me it makes sense....I see more and more heading in that direction...Ferrari now requires there cars to brought back for resale if car was sold at MSRP to the best clients...even at premiums I think its still required like 1st right of refusal...it's so ridiculous that people run around the country putting there little deposits down 2 years in advance ...those days are numbered...especially for high demand cars...
Old 01-20-2008 | 01:44 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

after watching Barrett Jackson and the prices people pay... $100+K for cars that sold new for $2,500 what is the big deal? I would not pay over MSRP but more power to you guys that do.
Old 01-20-2008 | 01:53 PM
Max Power
Racer

Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2008 | 02:05 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Question ...question.

Originally Posted by Max Power
I have a questions:
If some of those cases with mark-ups were leased, does the residual calculated from MSRP or that entire amount?

Max Power, that plate is totally doable in California.

Originally Posted by roberga
after watching Barrett Jackson and the prices people pay... $100+K for cars that sold new for $2,500 what is the big deal?...
Yup...
The one I like is the '70 (or so) Plymouth Hemi Cuda, Black/Black was sold for like a little over US$200,000. About the same price as 997 RS.

Quick Reply: New 2008 RS Avialable