Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

More saftey belt questions-gt3 seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 02:18 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More saftey belt questions-gt3 seats

I have some new questions. I posted before that I bought the GT3 seats and roll bar to install in my car and thanks for all the suggestions and help on install. Now i am looking at the belt to use. Porsche offers a Schroth belt specific to the GT3 its basically the Profi II-6, but it has bolt on lap belts that just bolt directly to the seat bolts rather than the snap attachments on the regular belt.

The other difference from the standard Profi II-6 is that the Aniti sub belts according to the brochure do not have adjustments. see this Quote "The sub-straps have no adjusters to fit correctly in the vehicle, and the shoulder belts are shorter to reach the works cages with minimal excess. " However the picture i see shows some kind of an adjuster on the sub strap.

Q1 does anyone have a set of the stock Porsche gt3 belts and do they have adjusters on the sub strap or not?

Q2 Why would I not want adjusters. I found some hardware that bolts on to the GT3 seat that allows you to use the snap on attachment rather than the bolt on. since i will use this car on the street to won't I be ahead to order the standard belt with snap on attachment and use the special hardware so I could take them off when i am not on the track?

and what about the sub straps, and adjustment is that important to have or no? As always appreciate your comments.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:49 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

many of us can give you ideas, but you really need a local race shop familiar with the belts.

you want all the adj you can get. sub strp has to be slightly abov eyour navel. some pple got very long torse and no legs, like me. the belts never sit right on me without adj.

also, you dont need to install and remove belt on/off track. the sub belt can drop under the seat easily. lap belts sit next to seat out of your sight, shoulder stap just hands on the roll bar. so rthere's no reason to remove them.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

The GT3 sub straps have D ring adjusters.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:27 AM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
The GT3 sub straps have D ring adjusters.
Ok just one more follow up regarding the GT3 factory 6 point bets. Has anyone purchased the belt with the 3 inch shoulder belts and then just purchased the 3/2 shoulder belts only from Schroth (I heard you can buy both) and just interchange the shoulder harness if you are going to upgrade to a Hans or if you are sharing your car with someone who does not have a hans.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed these Schroth belts last week along with the 996 GT3 sport seats.

I attached the lap belts to the stock seat belt locations.(to the seat on the console side and to the floor on the door side)

Shoulder belts wrapped around GMG roll cage bar behind the seat.

Had to buy sub belt harness bars for the seats.($55 from Sunset)The sub belts wrap around harness bar under the seat and are adjustable via the three bar adjuster provided.The quick release buckle which all the belts attach to, is too large to slide thru the opening in the seat pad.You disconnect it from the sub belt by pressing on a small button (using a punch or other similar tool)when you want to set the anti sub belts aside and under the seat.Really not that big a deal.(I will keep the small punch in the glove box just for convienence)

All in all installation of the seats and belts was time consuming but not that difficult.You need inverted torx sockets to remove and install the seats.

Schroth belts are FIA approved and appear to be well made.I have owned Sabelt,Deist and Teamtech previously and these belts appear to be equal to or better then those just listed.

Hope this little bit of info is helpful.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:45 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the posts. I think i have this figured out. Finally. I did also learn that you can order just the 3/2 Hans shoulder harness separate. so I ordered the standard GT3 belts with 3 inch shoulder straps for non Hans use and also ordered the 3/2 Hans shoulder straps only for about $115.00. so if i share my car with my brother who does not have the Hans we can just swap out the shoulder straps when he drives. So Now I just have to wait for the parts to get hear.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:13 PM
RMA4
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with the guys at HMSMotorsports.com. They are the U.S. distributor for Schroth. They know their stuff and are very helpful.

Quick Reply: More saftey belt questions-gt3 seats