Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

newbie from the fareast..and black MY07 gt3..

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:02 AM
tubescreamerules
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie from the fareast..and black MY07 gt3..

I have been looking through rennlist for quite sometime.. and have found tons of information which helped me a lot..thank you very much guys!

my car took delivery in October...she is in black and has got PCCB and carbon fibre recaros.. i was told she was the last one porsche china could possiblely get...and there were only 7 GT3s porsche china offically imported to the country...so i think i was very lucky...

like in the States.. the sun proof is a 'compulsary' option and you couldnt get the half rollcage either.. but surpisingly...the bucket seats are a ono-cost option...

the car itself cost 1.85 million RMB, which is approximately 260k USD...it is very expensive...and the registration tax is 10% of that...

the roads are poorly maintianed in here...and the closest garage has fuels with the right octine number is 30miles away... it is very diffcult to run a car like GT3 in this country.. but everytime i start up the car, the exhaust note just stop me worrying and gave me that 'dont give a f*ck' attitude

took the 3 to the track first time yesterday.. it was very cold and the RE050s i just put on had barely 100km on them... i was not very familar with the circuit...and there was tons of scoobies and evos tried to smoke me... i know i know...i was being stupid...and i suck at driving...i feel so sorry for the 3...

the damage wasnt too bad...but one thing really worrys me is the PCCB, i have no past experiences with PCCB.. i did clean the brakes and found no cracks...do i still need further inspections on them??

havnt got a camera...here are photos took by mates...and apologise for my poor language...
Attached Images   
Old 12-17-2007, 02:02 PM
h-bo
Instructor

great car. I am afraid I have no advice concerning the pccb. Fantastic to see the porsche in a completely new setting. good luck with the repairs.. the quicker they are done the quicker you will forget it ever happened.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey welcome to Rennlist... Sorry to hear about the accident with the 3... like h-bo said get it fix ASAP and you will forget about the unfortunate accident. inspect the PCCB well. make sure there are no pebbles/rocks are caught in between the pads and rotor... make sure you check the inside of the rotor for cracks also and keep an eye on it...

keep us posted.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tubescreamerules
I have been looking through rennlist for quite sometime.. and have found tons of information which helped me a lot..thank you very much guys!

my car took delivery in October...she is in black and has got PCCB and carbon fibre recaros.. i was told she was the last one porsche china could possiblely get...and there were only 7 GT3s porsche china offically imported to the country...so i think i was very lucky...

like in the States.. the sun proof is a 'compulsary' option and you couldnt get the half rollcage either.. but surpisingly...the bucket seats are a ono-cost option...

the car itself cost 1.85 million RMB, which is approximately 260k USD...it is very expensive...and the registration tax is 10% of that...

the roads are poorly maintianed in here...and the closest garage has fuels with the right octine number is 30miles away... it is very diffcult to run a car like GT3 in this country.. but everytime i start up the car, the exhaust note just stop me worrying and gave me that 'dont give a f*ck' attitude

took the 3 to the track first time yesterday.. it was very cold and the RE050s i just put on had barely 100km on them... i was not very familar with the circuit...and there was tons of scoobies and evos tried to smoke me... i know i know...i was being stupid...and i suck at driving...i feel so sorry for the 3...

the damage wasnt too bad...but one thing really worrys me is the PCCB, i have no past experiences with PCCB.. i did clean the brakes and found no cracks...do i still need further inspections on them??

havnt got a camera...here are photos took by mates...and apologise for my poor language...

Whereabouts in China are you? Very nice car and no need to apologize for your english language speaking ability, I'm pretty impressed!

Any more track pictures?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:53 PM
vincentdds
Racer

260K USD ouch. Welcome aboard you car looks fantastic..
Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
TripleM
Racer

In Singapore , GT3 w/o option is USD 355k
Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 PM
tubescreamerules
Advanced

h-bo,GeoT3, thanks for the advice, i will take the car to the shop tmr, hopefully my insurance company will cover it.. the track i was at doesnt provide insurance for the cars..which sounds ridiclous...

there were 6 cars crashed on that day and it was badly organised, they let too many cars in, and many of them are after my friend's F430 and the GT3..

we were warned that we may get annoyed by those street racers, so we wait till the last session .. the original plan was to run some slow laps to get familar with the track so we didnt bother to change tyres...somehow those Evos and Stis with slicks from the previous session rejoined...it is alway fun for them to watch Ferraris or porsches having accident on track...

cleanme, i am from beijing, i havnt got a digital camera, but here are coupe of photos taken by others..enjoy..

and...thanks to everyone for reading my post...
Attached Images    
Old 12-18-2007, 12:24 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful car... as been said before... the quicker the repairs the sooner you'll forget... Good luck!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 AM
h-bo
Instructor

I hope that the insurance will help you out but they can be difficult when it comes to track days.

I remember seeing a porsche showroom close to the forbidden city a few years ago, I was surprised as there were still relatively few exotic cars in Beijing. I know things are changing quickly there though. are they doing good business now?. Do you see many exotic sports cars in beijing? which car makers are the best represented by dealers? Anything you can tell us about the luxury car market in Beijing would be fascinating.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 AM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! Beautiful car. If I were you I wouldn't be concerned about evo's or sti's racers. A car like that in good hands can give you a red face. Just enjoy your car and let them go. Drive safe and save your GT3.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Pingo
Racer

Originally Posted by TripleM
Thats a little bit higher than the cost for a GT3 in Norway, approx $330K
Old 12-19-2007, 12:00 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

tubescreamerules - I love your user name. I had a TS-9 for the longest time!
Old 12-19-2007, 03:05 PM
mxdave74
Instructor

Yeah, but just look at the gorgeous women you have there to take long drives with in your $355K car.

Originally Posted by TripleM
Old 12-19-2007, 04:44 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you our first Chinese member? From Mother China?
Old 12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
HKE46Boy
Rennlist Member

Welcome aboard!

Which track in China did you go? I'm leaving to China/Shanghai by next June, might consider take the car there with me.

Quick Reply: newbie from the fareast..and black MY07 gt3..