Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

newbie from the fareast..and black MY07 gt3..

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:46 PM
TripleM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mxdave74
Yeah, but just look at the gorgeous women you have there to take long drives with in your $355K car.
Haha, u hv a point
Many old guys here with young women in their supercars.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:28 AM
tubescreamerules
Advanced

Originally Posted by h-bo
I hope that the insurance will help you out but they can be difficult when it comes to track days.

I remember seeing a porsche showroom close to the forbidden city a few years ago, I was surprised as there were still relatively few exotic cars in Beijing. I know things are changing quickly there though. are they doing good business now?. Do you see many exotic sports cars in beijing? which car makers are the best represented by dealers? Anything you can tell us about the luxury car market in Beijing would be fascinating.

yes! it is still there and i got my 3 from them... it wasnt a pleasant experience but they gaved an Autoart RSspider die-cast to keep me happy...i think they have made lots money by selling cayennes...

talking exotic cars... there aint many on the street but when i was invited to the Scuderia press conference i was shocked by how many supercars parked outside, LP640s, 599GTBs, 575s, 550s and many f430s and 360s...but i havnt seen any of them before nor after the event...maybe i should go night club more often...

we do sometime see 911s on the street and most of them are driven by beautful young ladies, and c4s is the most popular of the range..unlike in the westen world, ppl here know porsche from cayennes...if u tell someone you've got a porsche, the first thing appear in their head is a black SUV...

BMW Mecedes and Audi are still the top 3 in luxury car market, you see 5 series, S series and A6s everywhere ...btw Cayenne is the most popular luxury SUV here...Maserati is doing quite well, i believe they just started business here 2 yrs ago, and they have sold 2000 units of quattroportes all over china and most of them being in beijing and shanghai...

hope these will give some ideas... this city just changing way too rapid, 5 years ago, a mecedes S600 probably is the best/most expensive car you can legally get.....
Old 12-20-2007, 07:43 AM
tubescreamerules
Advanced

Originally Posted by HKE46Boy
Welcome aboard!

Which track in China did you go? I'm leaving to China/Shanghai by next June, might consider take the car there with me.
its called goldenport and about 10 mins drive to beijing airport.. and it's very small, the F1 track in shanghai is very nice, but not sure if they open to public for track days.. are you gona stay in beijing/shanghai for long?
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2007, 07:59 AM
tubescreamerules
Advanced

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Are you our first Chinese member? From Mother China?
yes, am from mainland. i know a chinese guy whos memeber on 6speed but donno if hes registered here, he's got a cobalt blue gt3...
Old 12-20-2007, 08:42 AM
h-bo
Instructor

Thank you for the information. It is very interesting to hear that Porsche has such a strong association with the cayenne in china. Are SUVs as popular as in the states or is the ratio to sedans more similar to that in Europe?
Its great to hear that the maserati is doing so well, it is a very beautiful car and is clear statement that you do not go with the rest of the crowd.
Is servicing easy or is it a consideration when buying an exotic car? is there the same sort of taxes applied to parts as to new cars?
Sorry for the all the questions but you are the first exotic car owner from Beijing that I have had the opportunity to meet.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:45 AM
tubescreamerules
Advanced

h-bo, no problem mate

SUVs are very popular here which i donno really understand...they have been used as saloons and only driven aroud in the city... i have never been to the States but the ratio of SUVs to sedans is definately higher than in Europe. it's like fasions, when X5s and Cayennes appeared in the market.. most ppl had never seen an 'off-road' with such refined interiors, i guess they'd think drive in one of these would be much cooler than in a mercedes S.. anyway, the number of cayennes on the streets is still increasing...

i think the taxes applied to cars are 25%import tax, 17.5%vat and another 25% applied to vehicle with engine capacity larger that 3000cc.. and 10% registration tax.. for the parts is just import tax and VAT..

when consider a high performance car ownership, i think porsche is the most sensible choice. the first service of a 911 cost 2000k which is around 300usd? and Techart in beijing ask half the price of that..

now Ferrari has a service centre in beijing, thanks to the sale firgure of Maseratis... but a Lambogini still has to go to Audi for servicing... and i heard someone just order a Koenigsegg ccx...i donno where hes gona take his car for service...

btw...your 993 gt2 looks really gorgeous, a 993 gt2 is alwaysmy No.1 dream car, sadly we dont have them in here not even a 993 turbo...
Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 AM
tubescreamerules
Advanced

Originally Posted by zicoramone
Welcome! Beautiful car. If I were you I wouldn't be concerned about evo's or sti's racers. A car like that in good hands can give you a red face. Just enjoy your car and let them go. Drive safe and save your GT3.
they are really good, the black evo in the picture is bone stock. I will try get some big 'L' stciker next time and hopfully they would be more friendly when they see that...
Old 12-20-2007, 10:07 AM
tubescreamerules
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pingo
Thats a little bit higher than the cost for a GT3 in Norway, approx $330K
is it becoz the VAT??
Old 12-20-2007, 10:09 AM
tubescreamerules
Advanced

Originally Posted by MikeBat
tubescreamerules - I love your user name. I had a TS-9 for the longest time!
yes Mike, i think they are the best sounding over drive pedal for the money!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Pingo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tubescreamerules
is it becoz the VAT??
Partly VAT = 25%, but we have to pay taxes based on the cars weight, engines displacement and performance/HP.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:25 AM
MagicMtnDan
Intermediate

I can't imagine having a GT3 in China. The drivers there are simply terrible and the truck drivers are the worst weaving all over the road. Lanes, painted lines, traffic lights are all treated as suggestions rather than requirements. I've seen many many cars on the wrong side of the road and the accidents there are horrific (rear ending slow moving trucks are perhaps the worst).

Congratulations on your GT3 and I wish you good luck driving it in China.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:47 AM
john0719
Racer

Yes, I can't imagine driving a GT3 in China either. I've driven in China (Shenzhen) on a few rare occasions but it's almost like you're playing an video game. There are just way too many distractions like pedestrians crossing in the middle of a highway.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
john0719
Racer

Btw, very nice car!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:57 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by john0719
...like pedestrians crossing in the middle of a highway.
how many points for taking them out?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by tubescreamerules
... driven by beautful young ladies.......
daughters or concubines?
either way, i got to move home

Quick Reply: newbie from the fareast..and black MY07 gt3..