997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PICs of SCCA at BMSP Dec1

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007 | 08:00 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

944ST2 you are right; my responses did finally degrade to typical. I'm not normally like that and I apologize to all involved. While I may disagree with when I should have let David by, and how close (i thought) David came, these forums were no place to discuss the issue.

I still think that your posts are written with a very antagonistic approach; however, it doesn't really matter. There is one thing however where you are probably a little out of your league. I've lapped that track over 100 times with the likes of Hurley Haywood, Doc Bundy, Cass Whitehead, Patrick Long and Daniel Eastman either driving me or me driving them. I can tell you that some of them say that line is acceptable while others say it is preferable.

David, as I said, I apologize for venting in this forum, and particularly with you not present. You have the experience on me and maybe you had a lot more control of the situation than I realized.

I've deleted my posts because they had no place in this forum. It was your (SCCA) event. I'm grateful that you guys invited me and I would to have you ride with me at the next event.

Philip
Old 12-15-2007 | 10:35 PM
vette6autox
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Philip in AL
944ST2 you are right; my responses did finally degrade to typical. I'm not normally like that and I apologize to all involved. While I may disagree with when I should have let David by, and how close (i thought) David came, these forums were no place to discuss the issue.

I still think that your posts are written with a very antagonistic approach; however, it doesn't really matter. There is one thing however where you are probably a little out of your league. I've lapped that track over 100 times with the likes of Hurley Haywood, Doc Bundy, Cass Whitehead, Patrick Long and Daniel Eastman either driving me or me driving them. I can tell you that some of them say that line is acceptable while others say it is preferable.

David, as I said, I apologize for venting in this forum, and particularly with you not present. You have the experience on me and maybe you had a lot more control of the situation than I realized.

I've deleted my posts because they had no place in this forum. It was your (SCCA) event. I'm grateful that you guys invited me and I would to have you ride with me at the next event.

Philip
Philip, everything is cool with me. I just wanted to let you know that I had complete control and I knew what you were about to do. As far as those people you named I do a little wheel to wheel my self. I not saying that I am on the same level, but I would like to tell you what happened a the last PCA event at Barbers. There happened to be two pro drivers that came out to this event with APR. One of the guys was Randy Probst and I cant recall the other drivers name. I was first on grid waiting to go out on track. A 996 twin turbo pulled up beside me and said," Hi, my name is Randy Probst and if you dont mind I going to go ahead of you and I will be out of you way in a minute". I said no problem. I was driving a C6 Z06. Three laps latter I was around him. This hapenned with the other driver also four times that day. FWIW, I talked to Randy after that and he said "I tried everthing I cold to shake you but I had to wave you by". The same thing happened with the 997 TT. I gues what I am saying is that yes those guys are pros, but the home course advantage is always good as Randy said. I would like to meet you some time and we (SCCA) are gratefull for people like you participating in our events. We have a two day PDX in July and I am working on another hopefully in December again. The one in Dec. I am going to limit entrants so we can get more track time. Again the keyboard is not a good way to meet people IMHO when there is a disagreement.

Quick Reply: PICs of SCCA at BMSP Dec1