997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

C-10's Black Annodized mounted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007 | 07:27 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Default C-10's Black Annodized mounted!!!

I finally got the C-10's I ordered from John at CCW in and had them mounted today. Its a beautiful wheel.

I originally ordered C-14's in black annodized after talking over with John the available options for the car. I really liked the T-10's but they were really a street wheel. I also asked about the C-10's but they were still being tested out at the time.

Anyways, I got my C-14's within the same week I ordered them just in time for the track. Unfortunately when I opened the box, they were bare aluminum wheels. I called John up and he was very cool about it. He had me just drive on my loaner C-14's and was going to build another set of C-14's with the finish I wanted.

Thats when I got to talking to him about the C-10. I really preferred the 10 spoke design. looked cleaner and its lighter. Anyways, the end result is what you see here. Superbly finished wheels and as usual first class service from CCW. Thanks to John!

many pics here. too bad its overcast and rainy. doesn't work so well with the flat black finish. I'll take more pictures later this weekend if the sun comes out.

-jim

C14's before they were removed.

Old 11-30-2007 | 08:15 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Default nice

very nice, so now we know for sure C10's are shipping.
guess i will be calling CCW on monday for another set.

btw, that seems to be a CA plate. where in CA are you?
Old 11-30-2007 | 08:34 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty

btw, that seems to be a CA plate. where in CA are you?
In LA. I really want to go up to thunderhill and play with the other rennlisters up north. Haven't been to that track in 2 years now. Its just such a long drive up!

Oh, John mentioned that the annodized black finish for the C10 will only come out in matte finish due to their manufacturing method of this wheel. That didn't matter for me as I prefer the matte look and its a track wheel anyways. Just thought I would mention it before John gets swamped with orders!
Old 11-30-2007 | 08:48 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by carrering
Oh, John mentioned that the annodized black finish for the C10 will only come out in matte finish due to their manufacturing method of this wheel.
Have the wheels polished before anodizing and they will have a shine to them, near gloss. In my opinion, they look just right as they are now. Love white cars with dark wheels! Also, these wheels really look nice!! Very much form following function!!
Old 11-30-2007 | 08:57 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

In LA. I really want to go up to thunderhill and play with the other rennlisters up north. Haven't been to that track in 2 years now. Its just such a long drive up!

Oh, John mentioned that the annodized black finish for the C10 will only come out in matte finish due to their manufacturing method of this wheel. That didn't matter for me as I prefer the matte look and its a track wheel anyways. Just thought I would mention it before John gets swamped with orders!

get a bunch of LA rennlisters up to TH.
it's nice to all hang out up there.
check into NCRC events, they often do two days at TH.

my anno black on C14 is also flat black. anyone got shiny anno black on C14???
Old 11-30-2007 | 08:58 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Have the wheels polished before anodizing and they will have a shine to them, near gloss. In my opinion, they look just right as they are now. Love white cars with dark wheels! Also, these wheels really look nice!! Very much form following function!!
hmm, interesting. I like the matte finish myself. Not very familiar with wheel manufacturing or annodizing. I figure John knows what he is talking about. I just know wheels should be generally round and be as light yet strong as possible.
Old 11-30-2007 | 09:02 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

I read on another thread about John doing more testing on the C10s because he wanted to make them a bit stronger for the GT3. Please let us know if he's now shipping the new version.

In the meantime, I'll see about buying my wife a nice dinner tonight to prepare her for another bill.
Old 11-30-2007 | 09:10 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

get a bunch of LA rennlisters up to TH.
it's nice to all hang out up there.
check into NCRC events, they often do two days at TH.

my anno black on C14 is also flat black. anyone got shiny anno black on C14???
I'm up for it. Thunderhill is a great track. It would be nice to combine a day or two there with a day at Sears Point so we can make the most of the trip.

The last time I made the trek, I had a 2-day event at Sears Point with NCRC and I rented Thunderhill for a 3rd day with the help of David Ray and his group, HOD.
Old 11-30-2007 | 09:29 PM
HKE46Boy
Rennlist Member

Did you take it over to Fab@EF1?
Old 11-30-2007 | 09:50 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm up for it. Thunderhill is a great track. It would be nice to combine a day or two there with a day at Sears Point so we can make the most of the trip.

The last time I made the trek, I had a 2-day event at Sears Point with NCRC and I rented Thunderhill for a 3rd day with the help of David Ray and his group, HOD.
dude, i know you then.
i was there all three days. evan (atlas grey 996GT3 was there. where the hell is he?). at sears i drove a white e36m3 and at TH i drove a white 996gt3.

are you jim? e46m3?

HOD has tons of days at TH. if you can hook up with david ray and do a day after NCRC that would be sweet. let me know. i will be there for sure.
Old 11-30-2007 | 09:54 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by AllanJ
I read on another thread about John doing more testing on the C10s because he wanted to make them a bit stronger for the GT3. Please let us know if he's now shipping the new version.

In the meantime, I'll see about buying my wife a nice dinner tonight to prepare her for another bill.
i spoke with john a while back. that was when he was testing for C10. i would presume he's shipping the new version now. i will chk on monday.

if i take wife out for dinner, she would then blame me for saying her cooking is bad (it is bad, i just can't tell her that. good keeps my wt down). car parts comes from a SECRET account. and track is free too. porsche has 5 years of free service for me (in her mind). rennlist is part of my work too. you get the drift.

but this c10 may have to wait until jan. i just stocked up 2.5 sets of tires, 3 sets of front rotors, 2 sets of rear rotors, 4 sets of RS29's and about 45 bottles of 0w40. i need help.
Old 11-30-2007 | 10:26 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

i spoke with john a while back. that was when he was testing for C10. i would presume he's shipping the new version now. i will chk on monday.

if i take wife out for dinner, she would then blame me for saying her cooking is bad (it is bad, i just can't tell her that. good keeps my wt down). car parts comes from a SECRET account. and track is free too. porsche has 5 years of free service for me (in her mind). rennlist is part of my work too. you get the drift.

but this c10 may have to wait until jan. i just stocked up 2.5 sets of tires, 3 sets of front rotors, 2 sets of rear rotors, 4 sets of RS29's and about 45 bottles of 0w40. i need help.
So you make your wife believe a poor Architect like you earn about 14$ an hour and all the extra dough is stashed in your secret account?? You are hilarious!!

Do you really pull stuff like that or re you just playing with us?
Old 11-30-2007 | 11:03 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Looks great man
Old 11-30-2007 | 11:39 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CWay27
So you make your wife believe a poor Architect like you earn about 14$ an hour and all the extra dough is stashed in your secret account?? You are hilarious!!

Do you really pull stuff like that or re you just playing with us?

LOL, ppl who know me well here in CA know i tell the truth. and i really do not own the RS. it's my good friend's car that i help to exercise b/c i help him do oil changes and detail the car.
Old 12-01-2007 | 12:51 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

dude, i know you then.
i was there all three days. evan (atlas grey 996GT3 was there. where the hell is he?). at sears i drove a white e36m3 and at TH i drove a white 996gt3.

are you jim? e46m3?

HOD has tons of days at TH. if you can hook up with david ray and do a day after NCRC that would be sweet. let me know. i will be there for sure.
duh! yeah! I remember you. lol
That was such a great week! I have friends asking about putting together another one. Its just Sears is pretty hard to get now. I'll work on it though. Maybe January? We need to have one down here too. Maybe mix it up with Buttonwillow and WS big track with WS Horse Thief or Streets and some time on a wet skid pad in between.

Evan just did euro delivery on an M6 last month. He is waiting for it to arrive home. He should be on the track much more now.

Quick Reply: C-10's Black Annodized mounted!!!