Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Waiting time for a GT3??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:47 PM
MyEmily
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting time for a GT3??

Wishing for a GT3 and counting all my magic beans. What can be the expected waiting time for ordering a GT3? I remember reading about allotments, rarity etc... If I wanted a GT3 or the GT3 RS, do I have to wait long due to allotments or marketing ploy. THis time I wanted to get the options I wanted and not off the show room floor. Or should I mod my Existing C4S to become a GT3 wantabe?Anyone here care to share their experiences?

TIA
Peter
Old 11-25-2007, 09:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,807 Likes on 2,380 Posts

997GT3RS and GT3 production stops end of this year. so that's the latest i have heard. assuming that hasn't changed, i seriously doubt you can find any car that can still be spec'd. in fact, you be lucky just to find a new car anywhere.

right now your best bet in finding a new, untitled car is call every dealer in the country and see if you can get one at msrp or with just a smart premium

i dont mean to sound negative or asshat, i dont make the mkt. but unfortunately right now it is the sellers' market for these cars.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:05 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MyEmily
Wishing for a GT3 and counting all my magic beans. What can be the expected waiting time for ordering a GT3? I remember reading about allotments, rarity etc... If I wanted a GT3 or the GT3 RS, do I have to wait long due to allotments or marketing ploy. THis time I wanted to get the options I wanted and not off the show room floor. Or should I mod my Existing C4S to become a GT3 wantabe?Anyone here care to share their experiences?

TIA
Peter
It is too late to order one, and even if you did have one on order, they are all locked up with no more changes allowed to options. Production ends at the end of this year.

However, there will be another GT3 coming out sometime, either a MKII of the 997 or the one based on the new 998. The 997 MKII could be out as soon as 2009, but the general consensus seems to be that it will be later than that. I think they will at least skip one model year, so you could see it in 2009, but as a 2010 model.

From what I hear, the GT3 is pretty good car and seems to be fairly desirable. I will let you know in a couple of weeks after I pick mine up and see how it compares to my '88 Toyota Tercel!
Old 11-25-2007, 10:13 PM
MyEmily
Racer

Heheheh, I heard great things about the Tercel!!!! Great Turning radius, Great Gas Mileages and 0-60....

Anycase, I found 3 available in So Cal area. But it's not the color I wanted.. I Wanted MY own GT3 and I'm willing to wait for the next series...I guess I will just fix up my C4S and wait...Well back to the 997 board and ask the experts there for the Rec on Mods..
Old 11-25-2007, 10:54 PM
MFC996
Instructor

I just did a search two days ago nationwide through Porsche's web site and found about six available, some with RS Orange / Green.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:59 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MFC996
I just did a search two days ago nationwide through Porsche's web site and found about six available, some with RS Orange / Green.
yes, there are several available, but usually they are not open spec and you have to pay a damn premium for.

if you dont mind that, there are about 20 or so available.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:08 AM
User 12720
AutoX

Are you saying you went dealer by dealer to do a search? Am I missing something on how to search the website to find unsold new GT3s nationwide?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:49 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by nickwild
Are you saying you went dealer by dealer to do a search? Am I missing something on how to search the website to find unsold new GT3s nationwide?
if you do the porsche site, yes, you have to do one dealer at a time.
if you have access to dealer's site or if you have the dealer run their system, they can see the ENTIRE inventory in USA. now how accurate is the "inventory" is another story.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
if you do the porsche site, yes, you have to do one dealer at a time.
if you have access to dealer's site or if you have the dealer run their system, they can see the ENTIRE inventory in USA. now how accurate is the "inventory" is another story.
Another Rennlister much smarter than I once showed this slick Google meta search string;
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=gt3+site%3Aporschedealer.com%2Fnew_cars%2Fsearch.php%3Fmodel%3D997&btnG=Goo gle+Search&meta=

CLICK

New, untitled GT3 & RS supply is definitely trailing off-- the 15 cars listed in above link was at 40 cars about 7 or 8 weeks ago.... and as Mooty said the accuracy of listed inventory needs tbd.

Interesting thing I noticed about the Napleton of Westmont (Chicago) dealer GT3- looks like they were able to order a regular narrow body GT3 in paint-to-sample RS color...... I didn't think pcna was allowing that. anyone know if it's orange or green?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:05 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

what color were you looking for peter?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:46 AM
naparsei
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul523
Another Rennlister much smarter than I once showed this slick Google meta search string;
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=gt3+site%3Aporschedealer.com%2Fnew_cars%2Fsearch.php%3Fmodel%3D997&btnG=Goo gle+Search&meta=

CLICK

New, untitled GT3 & RS supply is definitely trailing off-- the 15 cars listed in above link was at 40 cars about 7 or 8 weeks ago.... and as Mooty said the accuracy of listed inventory needs tbd.

Interesting thing I noticed about the Napleton of Westmont (Chicago) dealer GT3- looks like they were able to order a regular narrow body GT3 in paint-to-sample RS color...... I didn't think pcna was allowing that. anyone know if it's orange or green?
Yes,
This is possible. The only "paint to sample" they are accepting are in fact the RS colors. I wanted blutorange (tangerine), but had to settle for Signal Orange. I don't know how the Mexico Blue car got done, I wish I had those kind of connections. I still think Signal Orange will look pretty sweet on "just" a GT3.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:18 PM
MFC996
Instructor

Originally Posted by naparsei
Yes,
This is possible. The only "paint to sample" they are accepting are in fact the RS colors. I wanted blutorange (tangerine), but had to settle for Signal Orange. I don't know how the Mexico Blue car got done, I wish I had those kind of connections. I still think Signal Orange will look pretty sweet on "just" a GT3.
That GT3 at Westmont had a "reasonable" MSRP of 141.9K due to a host of options.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 AM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Not a GT3 but it looks cool anyway:

Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM
gripet
Advanced

You can email 30 Porsche dealers with a few mouse clicks and ask about a GT3. Be sure and include Jeff Colman at Isringhausen in Springfield, IL. He'll deliver right to your house.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Turbo4ever
Racer

Originally Posted by MyEmily

TIA
Peter

hey you can wait the mk2, just like me.

Quick Reply: Waiting time for a GT3??