Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Selling 997 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:38 PM
BKSPN33
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Selling 997 GT3RS

Does anyone have suggestions on how to sell my RS? We are having a baby and can't keep it. I never intended to sell it and put over $20K into it (Factory Cage, CF Euro Seats, etc.). Before I take the time and effort to fill out all of the classified information, I thought I would ask the Renn Folks.

By the way, I am a new member and looking forward to your help.

Note to mods - bkspn33 is a paid member. Bob R.

Last edited by Bob Rouleau; 11-23-2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: status shows as user - is a member
Old 11-22-2007, 06:28 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This is a good spot. I found mine here and I know many others have bought and sold through this forum.

Details, photos and price will be helpful.

Welcome to Rennlist and congratulaions on the baby!
Old 11-22-2007, 07:14 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

U need to join as member to list car 4 sale I believe.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats on RS ownership and new baby on the way.

How about I swap my club coupe with your RS? Mine has 2 small rear seats that are perfect for family use.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:45 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,358 Likes on 630 Posts

good idea would be to list your location also- that way people from RL can go look at it and admire your CF bits.

I would try to sell it through here first, as RL'ers are actually looking for these cars. if that doesn't work out, take 50 photos and put them on photobucket- then link your album to ads that you place on autotrader.com. another good thing is that if you have a good broker or dealer around you offer them a flat fee to sell your car for whatever price they can get over x dollars and sell it on consignment if you really don't have time.

or I'll trade you straight up for my 2007 rs4. it's got 4 legit doors and seats and a 420hp engine with manual transmission! red on black, navigation, awd (safe for the kids), carbon fiber- 6100 miles.

don't worry I can throw in some autographed memorabilia from mlb and nba guys, and (looks around room) a blackberry curve, sidekick2, a gibson sg guitar and amp, apple macbook, carbon fiber specialized road bike, and all my xbox 360, ps2 and psp stuff (for the kids). I've also got about 70 euros from my recent vacation- that's like 100 bucks. If you want to privately finance me the difference I can pay you back once the baseball season starts.

that's my offer but I will negotiate naming rights to my children also.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:32 PM
BKSPN33
Advanced

Default Thanks Rennlist guys

This forum is awesome. Thanks for the input. It kills me to have to sell it. I want someone who will really appreciate it to buy it...not just some dealer/flipper. I will get some pics and details up soon.

By the way, I AM a member of Rennlist. They just haven't changed my status yet. This is a great resource and looking forward to enjoying my membership.

The basics are: Black with orange. PCCB. Factory cage powdercoated orange. Camera mount. track matts. new racing petals. Full clear bra. CF Euro seats, corner balanced and track set-up with recommendations from David Murray.

I put about $25K into it. Can you tell I wasn't planning on selling it!!!? I am looking for $179 (includes all the adds nd original seats, etc.). If someone doesn't want the seats, I can sell them separately.

I am planning on trying to find a good 993 race car...but we will have to see how that goes over with the wife. She says we need a dining room table...she is nesting.

I live in Charlotte, NC.

Thanks for all your help.

Richard
Old 11-24-2007, 01:18 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

richard, best of luck and sorry you've got to sell it at all...

just keep my offer in mind. that's all I'm saying
Old 11-24-2007, 01:49 AM
BKSPN33
Advanced

Your feedback was great. I will keep your offer in mind...pretty tempting.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:29 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

hey man I've got everything from brad pitt signed fight club posters, sandy koufax stuff, dirk novitski, mariano rivera, etc. probably not worth the cost of your euro clubsport and CF seats upgrade though!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:28 PM
BKSPN33
Advanced

Default Anyone Else

Does anyone else have any "best practices" for selling a car online? There are a bunch of sites and I have no idea where to start. How do I avoid tire kicker, scamers, wasted effort on ineffective sites?

You all seem very experienced and I hope you will share your knowledge.

BTW, I changed my photo...one of the only track days I got in the RS. It was at Road America. What an amazing machine! I hope it goes to someone who appreciates it and lets it out on the track.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BKSPN33
Does anyone else have any "best practices" for selling a car online? There are a bunch of sites and I have no idea where to start. How do I avoid tire kicker, scamers, wasted effort on ineffective sites?

You all seem very experienced and I hope you will share your knowledge.

BTW, I changed my photo...one of the only track days I got in the RS. It was at Road America. What an amazing machine! I hope it goes to someone who appreciates it and lets it out on the track.
Add "Serious inquires only" and don't put it on Ebay is the best advice I can come up with. Anybody else?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Post details here, color options, price, miles etc. Also cut and paste the info into the Classifieds which you can now access as a member.

Best,
Old 11-26-2007, 12:14 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I agree with bob- if you put a ton of info and photos on there, you don't really leave a lot of room for stupid questions- it's more of a "here are all the details: take it leave it "
Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Exclamation ...

Originally Posted by 340Elise
Add "Serious inquires only" and don't put it on Ebay is the best advice I can come up with. Anybody else?
As of today, November 25, 2007, there are 9 RS for sale on eBay.
From what I have seen, most used RS are being re-sold through the original dealer where the car was first registered; of course, the cars are being priced at higher than MSRP even with 1000+ miles.

So, if you are asking more than MSRP of a new car, it will not matter where you list your car.

2nd Edit: Screenshot;

Old 11-26-2007, 01:53 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Talking ...

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
...or I'll trade you straight up for my 2007 rs4. it's got 4 legit doors and seats and a 420hp engine with manual transmission! red on black, navigation, awd (safe for the kids), carbon fiber- 6100 miles...
....even TWO Audi RS4's won't cut it....

Quick Reply: Selling 997 GT3RS