Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS: Green RS // Green is the last to go...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007 | 11:44 AM
jimhuber
Racer

I am suprised that no action on E-Bay. No action on all listed on site. This is to hot of a car to be flat. Steve I do not understand why you will sell the Green RS. You are right I think it has more stuff than others on the market. Hope the sale goes good for you.

Jim Huber
Old 11-11-2007 | 01:25 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
Not-washed-out pics of green RS:

Too bad the moron that drove this car last didn't watch out for the low spots. What a shame
Old 11-11-2007 | 01:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Too bad the moron that drove this car last didn't watch out for the low spots. What a shame
not really, my lip is far far more fk'd up than that.
i dont slow down for exit berms, wot and ride over the sucker
Old 11-11-2007 | 01:39 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
not really, my lip is far far more fk'd up than that.
i dont slow down for exit berms, wot and ride over the sucker
I wonder how Porsche priced that piece knowing people would end up scraping it up
Old 11-11-2007 | 01:54 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

im not sure i've ever sold a car actually thru ebay though have listed many many there. most of the time i will cancel about 2 days before even if i have a bidder pending. i dont like anonymous transactions on 200k cars. and i dont think buyers do either. ebay, to me, is a marketing tool. anyone interested in going to email, ask at which price it should sell, etc. and so forth.

plus right now i have 2 deals brewing. one is for a gt2-gt3rs swap (i get a gt2@ msrp from a dealer. dealer gets the RS @ msrp) and a 07 Spider 430 manual for the car (lesser desireable). and i've had some offersi n the low 30s.

plus dont forget its a no-reserve auction so if noone bids and someone swoops in last minute and putsup a bid at 31k over, they own a great great car at 31 over. if the auction is still open, which most likely it wont be.

if anyone is interested, the way to get a good solid deal is to call me, or pm me.

regards,
sg

Originally Posted by jimhuber
I am suprised that no action on E-Bay. No action on all listed on site. This is to hot of a car to be flat. Steve I do not understand why you will sell the Green RS. You are right I think it has more stuff than others on the market. Hope the sale goes good for you.

Jim Huber
Old 11-11-2007 | 03:14 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Mooty is correct. If your lip is not scraped, you're not trying hard enough. It's a Porsche, not a Ferrari. I wear road-rash as a badge of honor.
Old 11-11-2007 | 04:00 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

I wonder how Porsche priced that piece knowing people would end up scraping it up
it's not much, $150 or so.
Old 11-11-2007 | 05:00 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

hell i ripped one off at speed ! just order another one... they get scraped who cares
Old 11-11-2007 | 08:57 PM
jeffkost
Addict
Rennlist Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick note. Purchased a high spec orange GT3RS from Steve about a month ago. Transaction went very smoothly, just as promised and the car is perfect!!!! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions--and no, my car is NOT for sale. Way too much fun!
Old 11-11-2007 | 08:58 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
it's not much, $150 or so.
What I thought.

Last edited by SA Mike; 11-12-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2007 | 03:59 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Have a reasonable bid on the green, a bit lower than i'd like but so be it. i may just take it and take the car off the screen, i might just keep it. if anyone is interested, shoot me an email asap and lets chat. as other rlisters have stated, i definately am not after the last buck but a fair, equitable transaction. what is indisputable is that the car rocks.

you might call this a glossed up "bump"<G> hope all is well.

Originally Posted by spg993tt
For sale: Green RS, black wheels, black acents.... $164,000 MSRP. Full boat, virtually every option. pccbs,xenons, carbon throughout, green deviating throughout. black painted pcm, carbon illum sills. From my own research, and what i've been told, this is the highest msrp gt3RS.

Those who might have followed, i had a few RS's and decided along with most of my aircooleds, that i was trimming down the entire collection. he black, orange and silver RS's were all sold to rennlisters, at very fair prices...all good transactions. i have clear clean title on all my cars.

The car is perfect, "in the wrapper", with 32 miles on it.

U can see more photos at http://www.911flatnose.com

I think the Green will sell in the low 40s. I had a few offers n the low 40s for the White which is a bit less msrp, a few more miles. McKenna just sold their Green for 60+. the Orange as others on RL stated went for 50. My Silver just sold for just under 30.

Im happy to work with Rennlisters if you have an interest. Its a phenomenal car. I simply love the white one, and i've put some reasonable miles on the white making the Green a bit more attractive to sell.

Not a cheap car, but for someone looking for the nicest gt3RS, in viper green....this is a great example.

see the cars at http://www.911flatnose.com
http://www.911flatnose.com

If interested, shoot me an email, steve@trademanage.com
(201) 602 8272
-steve
Old 11-12-2007 | 05:27 PM
awilks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve, I"ve always admired your collection, even if you did get rid of my triple black 97 Cab in less than 6 mo's! I know the mkt is still relatively strong for these rare cars but if I were you and could get anywhere near
30+ over I think it's a great sale. The current stock/credit mkt meltdown is in middle innings, wall street comp will be down for the first time in years and anyone employed by a bank or financial insitution has lost anywhere from -30% to -70% of value in their company stock in last 6mo's. We're facing a major retracement in upper income brackets from this sector and most associated with it and starting to show in data. The weak dollar isn't going to be enough to offset the increasingly probale recession in U.S....hit that bid! ps even Porsche stock stumbled today down most in 2 years after profits fell short of consensus! Sorry felt the need to vent as equity mkt bulls are only now beginning to acknowledge the approaching storm from debt/credit markets.
Old 11-12-2007 | 06:31 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

obviously you know that cars are not stocks. if you are thinking about buying them for investment purposes, forget aout it, fold up shop and call it a day. they are losers in that regard 9 times out of 10. you buy them because you want to own one, hammer one, love one, because the colors embrace you and becaus eyou want the best handling car on the street, bar none.
as for pricing, smacking or hitting a bid is really only necessary if youwant out. if you need the cash and wan tto raise cash. cash can go down, valuations can flutter...but i know for certain the buyers that are out there, including myself and at certain prices they will 100% jump on stuff. what hasnt changed is that the cars are the nicest in 20 years from porsche. if not ever.
they look amazing, drive better. they are the premier track/street car that exists bar none. i have a 430, driving-wise, value wise, its not close.

i've seen it a zillion times guys trying to time bottoms in the equity markts. im sure you know thats specifically what i do for a living, own/run an equity trading desk. its a very tough thing to do. most guys trying to time a bottom wait and wait and wait and then they bounce and you have squaduesch<G>. heck, i did that on a cgt. came within, id say 10k of owning a gtsilver 2000 mile example from truspeed. got cute, hovered that 7to 10k lower. missed it at 340 and now its 400. penny wise pound foolish. good at 330, its good for 340 since 10 wouldnt be where i'd be gone anyway. i just tried to time it and got it wrong and now i have to pay 400 for it, and themarket aint that much better.

i've seen several swings int he RS's over the past year. i sat it out at 60 over and when i saw a few trade at 25,30 i bot the orange/black/silver for reasonable prices. i saw them swing up hard where oranges were fetching 50 and then back down. its very buyer-specific, car specific.
just this past week 2cars in houston sold for 40+ over msrp.

i guess my point would be...yes, if the us markets collapse, oil sores higher, these things MAY or mAY move lower. below msrp? could be. might not be.
what will be for certain is that the best models will finally move out o fthe hands of flippers, guys who got them at msrp and are seeing values falling and want out while they can get a gain, and not incur a loss. technical analysts would look for that capitulation as the time to move in. once the cars have moved from speculators to enthusiasts/passionate guys, even if they approach it like me, who arent sitting there worried about valuations, small changes in pricing...then they will/should move higher.
or they'll collapse entirely, and will trade like the 996GT2 at 70% of msrp in 3 years. good gets better, bad gets worse. i had a gt2. i would consider it in the latter as it related to investment quality. i think the RS is the best in 20 years and hence the former.
as far as analysts just seeing the storm..those are the loser analysts. its been in our face for a year...they just have to get their heads out of the sands. take 10 analysts add them up, they arent worth squat. its not their money. they are agency opinion makers. valueless. put it on the table then you get some credit for what you say.

if one is worrid about RS values, sit back and wait. they could go lower for a HOST of reasons. but if you are looknig for the best examples, the right color, something that will make you triple check that you shut the garage overhead door, then just pick your spot and enjoy full max. life is short. these cars make it go by more enjoyably.

fyi, loved that triple black. i just realized i wasnt a cab guy. wind blowing thru my fro hair well wasnt my thing. but awsome car.

Originally Posted by awilks
Steve, I"ve always admired your collection, even if you did get rid of my triple black 97 Cab in less than 6 mo's! I know the mkt is still relatively strong for these rare cars but if I were you and could get anywhere near
30+ over I think it's a great sale. The current stock/credit mkt meltdown is in middle innings, wall street comp will be down for the first time in years and anyone employed by a bank or financial insitution has lost anywhere from -30% to -70% of value in their company stock in last 6mo's. We're facing a major retracement in upper income brackets from this sector and most associated with it and starting to show in data. The weak dollar isn't going to be enough to offset the increasingly probale recession in U.S....hit that bid! ps even Porsche stock stumbled today down most in 2 years after profits fell short of consensus! Sorry felt the need to vent as equity mkt bulls are only now beginning to acknowledge the approaching storm from debt/credit markets.
Old 11-13-2007 | 09:07 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default Change in plans

Wont get too much into it, but i've decided to keep both the White and Green. They are both exception, top-of-class examples of the RS, which i think will continue to be porsche's car of the decade. They are incredible machines.
The green is a rare machine, the highest MSRP and wildly nice spec.

I had a few nice guys contact me very much interested in the cars and I appreciate those bids. Its not so much the money as much as I really dig these cars and if its not the right money, and i dont need the cash, then i'm happier enjoying the cars. The Green in particular i think is a great piece in a collection, for me atleast. Im far more interested in a trade if anything, something special, or atleast as special as the highest MSRP green RS, 50 miles.

I'll tell you what snapped me. For the 2nd time in 5 months i have call and waste time on the phone with some financial institution (Etrade) and shuffle some monies around , not overly concerned and well diversified, but it made me realize that i dont see the RS's getting crushed, and yet, individuals have monies in banks which could falter and they have to go thru the FDIC hastles or lose monies above fdic/sipc. the car, if handled right,is a reasonable asset class, and one that motors at like 180mph with a lot of carbon. the idiots at these banks that offer super-high risk mortgages dont offer carbon. <G>

I can definately say that there are several readers of this thread who were kind enough to reach out to me, we had good discussions, they were good/passionate buyers. I would say that those individuals are definately in the market for the RS. If any other owner wants to toss up their car on this thread, feel free to do so as there are definately interested buyers lurking herein. Basically, hijack to your hearts' content.

Anyway, green stays. thx for the emails and pm's. i know of two other very nice, untouched RS's in white/and/or/green, so if you are interested, shoot me your email and i'll forward you the info. they are probably a bit more than 30, 35 because they have lower MSRPs, but still awsome cars. 2 have pccbs, one does not.

Regards,
SG
Old 11-13-2007 | 05:13 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Click the ebay link:

"The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken."

Hope that doesn't show up on the carfax!

Quick Reply: FS: Green RS // Green is the last to go...