Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

fyi, sharkwerks rear exhaust replacement pipes weigh 5#s

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007 | 01:56 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NSXTC
Do you have the Sharkwerks? There is resonance if you have the stock exhaust, but nonexistant with the Sharkwerks.
The resonance was with the stock exhaust, not the Sharkwerks.
Old 12-02-2007 | 04:17 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NSXTC
Do you have the Sharkwerks? There is resonance if you have the stock exhaust, but nonexistant with the Sharkwerks.
Hey NSXTC, it's interesting you found that out. Another customer told me the same thing that when using our bypass system and unplugging the byapss there was no resonance where as with the stocker that you did actually get resonance. Strange and I'll need to try that... If so that'd be a cool and unintentional benefit
Old 12-02-2007 | 04:44 PM
NSXTC
Racer

Hey Alex,

Yep, no drone whatsoever with your exhaust w/ valve unplugged. You'll definitely get a much better sound < 4000. It's sweet. With the valved plugged, it sounds almost normal. You gotta try it man! It should be mandatory for everyone with your bypass.
Old 12-02-2007 | 07:44 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey NSXTC, it's interesting you found that out. Another customer told me the same thing that when using our bypass system and unplugging the byapss there was no resonance where as with the stocker that you did actually get resonance. Strange and I'll need to try that... If so that'd be a cool and unintentional benefit
Yes sir...the stock center muffler is what causes the drone...go figure.
Old 12-03-2007 | 01:28 PM
gripet
Advanced

looks like I'll be unplugging this "flapper valve" again this Friday. Before Sharkwerks bypass it had too much resonance. will let you know how it sounds.
Old 12-03-2007 | 08:20 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jack
Yes sir...the stock center muffler is what causes the drone...go figure.
That is interesting.. Going to try it this weekend. I drive with it open all the time anyways and it's annoying that it wants to revert to being closed all the time
Old 12-15-2007 | 02:23 PM
gripet
Advanced

alec: what about 100-200 cell cats in addition to the bypass? did you try the bypass switch yet

tom
Old 12-15-2007 | 05:32 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

hey tom, honestly we've tried different cat solutions and for anyone that goes to the track... it's _very_ likely they'll come apart on you. Very I'd say keep 'em stock. It would need retuning for that since the back-pressure changes quite dramatically as well.

Hey guys, this third batch is going out on Monday/Tuesday and I'll pm you guys the tracking etc... Thanks again!

Quick Reply: fyi, sharkwerks rear exhaust replacement pipes weigh 5#s