Old 10-20-2007, 06:55 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
can anyone compare it to the 996 Fabspeed GT3 by-pass system wrt loudness and sound quality???
hey leif, it's hard to compare since the factory the set ups are quite different on the 6 and 7 with two side mufflers and a center on the 7 and just the two side mufflers on the 6. When you remove the mufflers on the 6 you're effectively going straight out and doing more like what we did to Fred's 997GT3RS last week and would sound more like the straight pipes on the 6:

With that type of set up it is obviously going to resonate and is loud all the time inside. So I'd say ours is a lot quieter than that inside sure because in non-sport mode we're still flowing through the side mufflers.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:35 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
hey leif, it's hard to compare since the factory the set ups are quite different on the 6 and 7 with two side mufflers and a center on the 7 and just the two side mufflers on the 6. When you remove the mufflers on the 6 you're effectively going straight out and doing more like what we did to Fred's 997GT3RS last week and would sound more like the straight pipes on the 6:

With that type of set up it is obviously going to resonate and is loud all the time inside. So I'd say ours is a lot quieter than that inside sure because in non-sport mode we're still flowing through the side mufflers.

Hey, Alex,

does removing the side mufflers and their corresponding support structures leave the main CATs and headers at risk for fracture at the header without the lateral support, or does the rear central bracket support it enough to not worry about it? just wondering.....BTW, how long is the current wait for your central and/or cat back systems and the projected costs?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:07 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey, Alex,

does removing the side mufflers and their corresponding support structures leave the main CATs and headers at risk for fracture at the header without the lateral support, or does the rear central bracket support it enough to not worry about it? just wondering.....BTW, how long is the current wait for your central and/or cat back systems and the projected costs?
hey leif, that's Fred's custom set up but we used clamps and went to the stock mounts/brackets and secured it that way.... This isn't the product we're selling (that was a one off) and instead this is how it looks and we've been shipping/installing them since Thursday of last week:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:05 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can anyone compare it to the 996 Fabspeed GT3 by-pass system wrt loudness and sound quality???
Where in LI are you?? I would love to check out your RS, maybe snap a few pic's of my GT2 and your RS

BTW Alex sounds ridiculous lol, even a newer and diff. setup then Fred's last setup?? Man you guy's move way too fast!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 AM
NSXTC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can personally vouch for Sharkwerk's custom job on Fred's. I heard his car at Laguna this past Sat. When he started it up, I was ready to plug up the ears, but surpise surpise, it has a nice deep sound that is no louder than maybe the stock exhaust with sport on. I kid you not. Even when he was slowly crusing around the track, its no louder than the other group of Ferraris he was driving in with.

Now when he blipped it past 5K, that's a different story. An unsuspecting Ferrari owner was standing directly behind Fred's car facing the other way and he must have jumped up 5 feet. Not sure if it was the flames from the tips or it literally scared the sh*t out of him, but his trousers had a black stain when he finally landed on tera firma.

The huge 4.5" custom tip looks so stock that even Fred didn't know what I was talking about when I asked him about the tip.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:28 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NSXTC

I can personally vouch for Sharkwerk's custom job on Fred's. I heard his car at Laguna this past Sat. When he started it up, I was ready to plug up the ears, but surpise surpise, it has a nice deep sound that is no louder than maybe the stock exhaust with sport on. I kid you not. Even when he was slowly crusing around the track, its no louder than the other group of Ferraris he was driving in with.

Now when he blipped it past 5K, that's a different story. An unsuspecting Ferrari owner was standing directly behind Fred's car facing the other way and he must have jumped up 5 feet. Not sure if it was the flames from the tips or it literally scared the sh*t out of him, but his trousers had a black stain when he finally landed on tera firma.

The huge 4.5" custom tip looks so stock that even Fred didn't know what I was talking about when I asked him about the tip.
Heheh cool story and thanks for the kind words.

Man, I've been talking to my wife who is down in your kneck of the woods with all that fire stuff going on. My thoughts are with you and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Got the message and I'll hold yours until Monday before I ship it.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:20 PM
nateweiss
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have any actual DB readings on the system and stock for comparison?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JWGT2
Snowboarder54...great choice!!...i have the same Sharkwerks-developed-manufactured exhaust on my RS and am loving my car more and more...now its got the right sound to go along w/ an amazing package.
Hey JWGT2, so glad you like it and it was awesome at the track with the three of us. Next time we'll have pat and snowboarder.. Gotta get a vid of all of us flying by at the track!

Quick Reply: My new exhaust!!!