Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My new exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My new exhaust!!!

Just got back last night from Sharky's with my new exhaust. All I can say is it's the the most wonderful sound I have ever heard coming from a Porsche in my 46 years of ownership!!! A must have for every GT3 or RS!!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:13 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,483 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Just got back last night from Sharky's with my new exhaust. All I can say is it's the the most wonderful sound I have ever heard coming from a Porsche in my 46 years of ownership!!! A must have for every GT3 or RS!!
got it, your pix are on a different thread.
i would put those on if i didn't have to pass 92db at LS.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:49 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
got it, your pix are on a different thread.
i would put those on if i didn't have to pass 92db at LS.
Hey Mooty, we all need to boycott laguna j/k.

I have a very special set up just for your car at laguna...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8c_rNFsq1g

I think it would likely break the sound meter...

Actually interesting test results in _non_ sport mode aka you go through the side mufflers the DB level is quite suprising and not much different. I'll get some "test" results etc... but the sad thing is about laguna is a stock GT3/RS gets black flagged. It's quite easy to change out so you can have a "non laguna" set up lol the rest of the time. Maybe James should make some turn down that you can clamp on it or something...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I know let me build a house right next to a world-famous race track and then complain about the noise

Last edited by sharkster; 10-20-2007 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:01 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54

Hey Snowboarder54, now that's just the automotive-aphrodisiac I slipped into the water when you weren't looking talking I'm so glad you like the sound. It's quite scary "messing" with what was/is already one of the best sounding Porsches to date... If it hadn't been for the sound restrictions in Europe the redundant center muffler would likely have been more like this I reckon. That was apparently the reasoning behind it and thus the whole system comes to around 77 pounds total. Anything is possible and perhaps the headers can be improve but they are the best I've seen on a modern-day OEM Porsche so no need to touch those and with regards to cats, I know I'm monsieur modify but in this case and any NA P-car I've always seen issues with high-flow cats. On cars that get driven hard especially at the track they just seem to come apart and fail (turbos being the exception). So for me, I'm sticking to stock headers/cats...

The only thing left for ya' is that LWF

PS I still remember that day you came by and we "drove" in tandem over pick up my car from Premier and had a "run" and you had a good smile on! Wait till we take out the white turbo next time (with gas this time lol).
Old 10-20-2007, 05:06 AM
JWGT2
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snowboarder54...great choice!!...i have the same Sharkwerks-developed-manufactured exhaust on my RS and am loving my car more and more...now its got the right sound to go along w/ an amazing package.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:08 AM
JWGT2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sharkster

Actually interesting test results in _non_ sport mode aka you go through the side mufflers the DB level is quite suprising and not much different. I'll get some "test" results etc... but the sad thing is about laguna is a stock GT3/RS gets black flagged. It's quite easy to change out so you can have a "non laguna" set up lol the rest of the time. Maybe James should make some turn down that you can clamp on it or something...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I know let me build a house right next to a world-famous race track and then complain about the noise

Great!....now i really won't be able to hear mine w/ i'm near fred....that thing is just vicious sounding....i'm sure his neighbors in the Marina are gonna love him when he starts her up in the morning!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:20 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sharkster

unfortunately turndown alone will not get you below 92db, i do have turn down and i also have foam stuffed into the air intake. it was a overcast day however. i think if there's no overcast and i put a few disks on supertrap, it MAY work.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JWGT2
Great!....now i really won't be able to hear mine w/ i'm near fred....that thing is just vicious sounding....i'm sure his neighbors in the Marina are gonna love him when he starts her up in the morning!
who are you kidding?
fred has no neighbors. they all left.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:37 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
unfortunately turndown alone will not get you below 92db, i do have turn down and i also have foam stuffed into the air intake. it was a overcast day however. i think if there's no overcast and i put a few disks on supertrap, it MAY work.
Need to add a 6GT3 just for LS
Old 10-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Unitah
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which system did you do, just the center muffler bypass pipes?

Jonathan
Old 10-20-2007, 12:48 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Unitah

Jonathan
hey unitah.. this one is the only part we "sell":
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=153

We've done one-off custom stuff for Fred and a couple of other guys but that requires the car etc...
Old 10-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Unitah

Jonathan
Just the Sharkwerks center section. Let me tell you, the smile starts as soon as I turn the key! The best single mod I have ever installed on any of my Porsches!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 05:38 PM
TTRob
Instructor

During the time when the stock exhaust goes quiet in sport mode (above idle to about 3K), do these rear section exhausts sound better/louder inside the car? TIA
Old 10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TTRob
During the time when the stock exhaust goes quiet in sport mode (above idle to about 3K), do these rear section exhausts sound better/louder inside the car? TIA
Yes, better and louder!! From the time you turn the key to the the time you shut it down it is intoxicating!! The best thing about the system is never at anytime is the sound annoying inside the car!
Old 10-20-2007, 06:14 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can anyone compare it to the 996 Fabspeed GT3 by-pass system wrt loudness and sound quality???

Quick Reply: My new exhaust!!!