Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

door handle rattle

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 01:50 AM
DrPeter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door handle rattle

Does anyone else have a problem with their inner door handle rattling? It seems like the rubber stop behind the handle is about 3 mm short. Take it to the dealer? Add something behind handle?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:27 AM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

No, but my car has more buzzes and resonances than a ten year old Toyota!

The GT3 has a plethora of mechanical noises which are great. The buzzes and resonances -- not so much.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:24 AM
MarekN
Racer

Hi, I have a vibration of the driver side inner door handle. When it starts, all I have to do is lift it up a few times and its ok for a while, then it starts again. I am sure it could be solved with a small strip of tape, for example. Its something that I forget to do every time.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Default rattle

Mine seems to be from the sotrage box in the passenger side door.....
Old 10-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MarekN
Hi, I have a vibration of the driver side inner door handle. When it starts, all I have to do is lift it up a few times and its ok for a while, then it starts again. I am sure it could be solved with a small strip of tape, for example. Its something that I forget to do every time.
Bingo, same for me, I either lift it or push it and it goes away for a while. No big deal really. Better then the creaking noise I had in the rear of F430 which I could never locate, drove me nuts.

If you know what it is, that is already comforting.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 PM
flash1034
Pro

My car has a buzzing rear view mirror and a squeeky pass door handle. I dont understand why Porsches have these issues. I just live with em but they annoy me greatly.

Flash
Old 10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surprisingly noise free this time. The back drivers side window had to be silenced but that's about it.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:32 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

I had 4 rattles / buzzes that were driving me nuts - driver's door, instrument binnacle, engine cover and an exhaust tip. I've never had much faith in dealers fixing rattles, so I just lived with them for months. Then when my car went for a service I mentioned the rattles but did not have much faith that they would be sorted. But I was totally wrong. Everything is now solid as a rock and the difference it makes to driving enjoyment is amazing.

There's a rough road I drive over from time to time and my car is now totally silent on that road. My brother's F430 sounds like a rattly old pickup truck on that same road.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:00 PM
YA911Fan
Burning Brakes

I just don't trust dealers with taking apart a car's interior. In the past, the local P dealer managed to ding up a few other things in the process of dismantling and re-assembling the interior (several times) trying to get rid of rattles. The dings were too minor to complain about yet visible enough to be annoying.

There's absolutely no excuse for buzzes in a freshly delivered Porsche. It's either sloppy engineering or sloppy manufacturing or both.

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
I had 4 rattles / buzzes that were driving me nuts - driver's door, instrument binnacle, engine cover and an exhaust tip. I've never had much faith in dealers fixing rattles, so I just lived with them for months. Then when my car went for a service I mentioned the rattles but did not have much faith that they would be sorted. But I was totally wrong. Everything is now solid as a rock and the difference it makes to driving enjoyment is amazing.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:37 PM
frafoss
Instructor

Same with me, rattle from the area around the inne door handle. Sounds like a loose plastic peace, which rattles even more when you play som heavy bass. Bloody irretating!!!!! I HATE rattles.

Somone with a DIY to remove the the inne door panels. Have to check and fix this.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:52 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

I just don't trust dealers with taking apart a car's interior.
Me either. But some rattles just work my nerves too much and I'm willing to take the chance.

There's absolutely no excuse for buzzes in a freshly delivered Porsche.
Yeah, but often they'll appear after some time on the road. I have to say that considering how hard the GT3 suspension is, I think they're acceptably rattle-free.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:41 PM
NSXTC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frafoss
Somone with a DIY to remove the the inne door panels. Have to check and fix this.
I have the factory manual for removing the door panels off a 2005 997. I had to remove the sides when I had my windows tinted. The instructions was spot on. PM me if you're interested.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:45 PM
DrPeter
Instructor

There are little rubber bumpers beneith the door handle. They only need stick out another 2 mm's. I wonder if they are adjustable?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:11 PM
frafoss
Instructor

Originally Posted by NSXTC
I have the factory manual for removing the door panels off a 2005 997. I had to remove the sides when I had my windows tinted. The instructions was spot on. PM me if you're interested.
Thanks for your will to help. Actually found out that I already have the workshop manual for removing the door trim. Will try to fix next weekend.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 PM
flash1034
Pro

Im not sure but it may be my drivers side speaker housing rattling...?

Flash

Quick Reply: door handle rattle