Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 AM
tiger 6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Just joined the forum after "lurking" around for a while. I have been impressed with the quality and depth of knowledge displayed here. Well done!
I have never been a real Porsche enthusiast over the years. Although I have admired the engineering and technical development of the Porsche line of cars, the somewhat consistent body shape just didn't get me turned on. Hence, I have never owned a Porsche. I have, however, been fortunate to own and still have a couple of Ferrari's[550,360 Spider], Ford GT, Peter Brock/Superformance Daytona, an older NSX['92], done a good bit of track time, race in a F 2000 series etc.
Several weeks ago, I picked up a new '07 black w/orange strips and wheels GT3 RS as part of a business transaction. I had intended to sell the car and drove it for a while to let a potential buyer see it. When I arrived and he saw the car and asked what I wanted for it, I simply said it was not for sale. Now I understand what most of you have known for some time. The car, IMHO, is just incredible. The ergonomic design of the interior is one of the finest I have ever had the pleasure of driving. The overall appearance is superb, particularly the views from the rear of the car with the big spoiler, flared wheel wells, negative camber etc. I've even started to like the orange wheels! Anything I would say about the performance, handling, brakes etc you all know. It is one of the finest cars I have had the pleasure of driving.
It has taken a while to, as someone said to me, to come over to the "Dark Side." Glad to be here and be able to understand the meaning of "addict" on your avitars. Now I have to decide if i get a big sticker for the windshield with "Trick or Treat" and drive it around on Halloween!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:05 AM
jsdkms
Advanced

WELCOME and have a blast with the car. beter than a Ferrari any day!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:01 PM
zicoramone
Aficionado
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is always nice to read that kind of statement. Now you understand the meaning of "there is no substitute". The RS is in fact a great car, much better than all that you have mentioned. Congratulations and welcome aboard.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tiger 6
Just joined the forum after "lurking" around for a while. I have been impressed with the quality and depth of knowledge displayed here. Well done!
I have never been a real Porsche enthusiast over the years. Although I have admired the engineering and technical development of the Porsche line of cars, the somewhat consistent body shape just didn't get me turned on. Hence, I have never owned a Porsche. I have, however, been fortunate to own and still have a couple of Ferrari's[550,360 Spider], Ford GT, Peter Brock/Superformance Daytona, an older NSX['92], done a good bit of track time, race in a F 2000 series etc.
Several weeks ago, I picked up a new '07 black w/orange strips and wheels GT3 RS as part of a business transaction. I had intended to sell the car and drove it for a while to let a potential buyer see it. When I arrived and he saw the car and asked what I wanted for it, I simply said it was not for sale. Now I understand what most of you have known for some time. The car, IMHO, is just incredible. The ergonomic design of the interior is one of the finest I have ever had the pleasure of driving. The overall appearance is superb, particularly the views from the rear of the car with the big spoiler, flared wheel wells, negative camber etc. I've even started to like the orange wheels! Anything I would say about the performance, handling, brakes etc you all know. It is one of the finest cars I have had the pleasure of driving.
It has taken a while to, as someone said to me, to come over to the "Dark Side." Glad to be here and be able to understand the meaning of "addict" on your avitars. Now I have to decide if i get a big sticker for the windshield with "Trick or Treat" and drive it around on Halloween!
Welcome to the club and thanks for joining Rennlist - My RS is best Porsche I have owned to date.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
ArcticGT3
Racer

I have never driven a Ferrari. I wonder if I will feel the same way the day I do drive one. Anyone else?
More importantly, welcome to the family!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:04 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArticGT3
I have never driven a Ferrari. I wonder if I will feel the same way the day I do drive one. Anyone else?
More importantly, welcome to the family!
Drove 2007 F430 earlier this morning, working on set up - lowering car etc... also tested RS exhaust yesterday, same roads / test circuit back to back. The F430 is awesome, butttttt if I have to choose I will pick the RS over the Ferrari - then factor $$$$'s into the debate and the RS is hands down the winner.

The biggest differance a GT3 / GT3RS instills more confidence as a driver. If you are not a professinal driver you will pick the Porsche. A properly set up F430 Stradale may instill the same confidence, but you will pay $1M for the same fun $200K or less will offer.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 PM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!! And you're right....you can learn a lot from this forum. Most people here have good intentions and I've learned a great deal from them. You're in the right place! Enjoy the beast!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:21 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Artic I have driven a F360 and 355. I LOVE looking at the car and Would love to have one in the garage to look at maybe even in my living room But when I think about driving I think about the 7 GT3. I had a 6 GT3
that was as good as the Fcars but the 7 GT3 has erased all doubts about buying a F car. I would if I had the funds but since that wont happen for awhile I am very happy to limit my one supercar to the GT3.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:10 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I enjoy a lot when people get to discover a car designed to be driven. The 911 GT3 is that car, a pure (reliable) driving experience.

Congrats on your decision Tiger, and welcome...

Quick Reply: Newbie