Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 dropped off at Farnbacher

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Apex Late
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"my guess is that you will be at least 2 seconds faster (maybe more) on Hoosiers at Limerock"

You would be at least 2 seconds faster.

My experience has found that the MPSC's are faster than the Corsa's. So a 1 min lap with those 19' Corsa's on would be a real burner! You would be flying with the R6's.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 PM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leif997
paid 1800.00 for my bar......

Best price I've heard - I paid $2,200 plus install / paint etc.... I was just commenting the first bars sold for $3,000 when we had a supply & demand issue. Now the supply chain is better and prices are / were dropping. Now we have the Euro vs. Dollar issue.

Finally, we have Porsche issues - they always price accordingly to get into our pockets as much as possible.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
-
- I had it down to 1:05, but I'm new to this, but if you have a video or data on a 1 min lap in the stock car would love to see it
- please post a video if you have if
No video but now I have a mount with the roll bar for the future. If you want a Lime Rock video, I do have several from a Skip Barber Formula car, the line is surprisingly similar. Just need help trying to upload....
Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
I will also be at this event.
If I can get a ride with you (are you an instructor), it would be very much appreciated.

thank

Paul O'Neil
Not an instructor but some friends will be at this event. I am not good shotgun, I even get sick playing video games. But for sure I will take you in my car. RED GT3 with the plate "AQUIKY"
Old 10-03-2007, 07:21 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RMN22AJR
Best price I've heard - I paid $2,200 plus install / paint etc.... I was just commenting the first bars sold for $3,000 when we had a supply & demand issue. Now the supply chain is better and prices are / were dropping. Now we have the Euro vs. Dollar issue.

Finally, we have Porsche issues - they always price accordingly to get into our pockets as much as possible.

yeah, the prices are rediculous wrt demand....paid ~500 for the powder coating and did the install myself with the P-tech( gotta lube those tubes or risk scratching the whole thing up).....actually quite simple to install but it is a two man job....oh, and i had to make my own mounting plates...originally I thought I had them but was wrong....still, it came out way cool....Peter just had to pay the Farn-B Vig....it comes with the quality he recieved...I am sure it came out perfect.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:28 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Polar Peter
I dropped my GT3 off to get a roll bar, 996 race seat and harness installed Thursday and will get it back Monday. They are also doing a track alignment to get away from the stock understeer issue.

Did a track day at Lime Rock earlier in the week and I was surprised how well the bone stock car ran. Did a bit of short shifting since the miles are still under 1,000 but even with that and crappy Pirellis she did 1:00.5's all afternoon. Just did not fell very safe with a push and no harness or roll bar in the downhill.

Fikse's and slicks are on order too

Can def. see you popping a 58/57 with your intended new set-up...what slicks are you planning on? and which pads do you like for the Rock?...at a T&T we were doing nice and easy 57's (and not letting the hammer drop) on Dunlops and PFC's...
Old 10-03-2007, 08:28 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not an instructor but some friends will be at this event. I am not good shotgun, I even get sick playing video games. But for sure I will take you in my car. RED GT3 with the plate "AQUIKY"

thanks

the reason i asked if you were an instructor is that it looks like you may have to be an instructor to take people for rides

if we can get around this, i will take a ride for sure

thanks

paul
Old 10-03-2007, 11:28 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Lime Rock is my home track so I have tons of laps in here, fastest ever was in a Skippy car last year at 56.5 which became the track record. Fastest time for me in a Porsche was 58.8 in the Koni race this year.

I am looking forward to seeing how the GT3 runs with the new changes.
You are an excellent driver!! I was in that race too. My teammate Shane Lewis qualified on the outside pole with a 58 something I think, and he drives Indy cars and Daytona Prototypes for a living.

You should be significantly faster in the GT3 than in a Koni car, as the Koni spec tires are terrible and engines are about 100HP down to a GT3. I would guess low 58s if you can really set up the suspension and run on Hoosiers.

Have fun and good luck!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

low 58s at LRP carrying a 3,250 lbs car plus driver, definitely on the tight side.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by analogmike
I was in that race too. My teammate Shane Lewis qualified on the outside pole with a 58 something I think, and he drives Indy cars and Daytona Prototypes for a living.
Shane qualified with a 58.081, what happen to him? He never showed up for the pre-grid so I inherited his P2 starting position. Was it car problems or did he not pass tech?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:53 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

When a mom and pop team like ours gets outside pole we get checked out pretty closely... they said we overrevved by a few hundred RPMs so we started from last. I think you guys won at the previous race and finished 2nd, awesome job. That was a pretty crazy race, I enjoyed it a lot and made the "crashes" clip at the end. Hope I can do more next year, I have to convince Greg at F-Loles to run a car...

Last edited by analogmike; 10-04-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Finally got around to the promised photos. First shot is alway before followed by a shot after. Before anyone asks, I only install 1 seat until my youngest is big enough to disregard th baby-smart airbags for our "fun rides".
Attached Images            
Old 10-07-2007, 01:54 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

looks nice. per schroth installation instructions, the shoulder belts should be crossed when they are this far back. see page 22-23.

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/docs/Co...structions.pdf
Old 10-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doc2s
looks nice. per schroth installation instructions, the shoulder belts should be crossed when they are this far back. see page 22-23.

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/docs/Co...structions.pdf
Thanks for that!!

Quick Reply: GT3 dropped off at Farnbacher