Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Turbo V RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill_C4S
Speedgeek - believe the point about pressure change for a diver was from the vantage of relative % change per unit foot

case a: 33fsw to surface: 2 bara to 1 bara, 50% change in pressure,
case b: 99fsw to 66fsw : 4 bara to 3 bara, 33% change in pressure.

a diver experiences the greatest change in relative pressure/unit foot in the first foot of descent...
No argument in relative terms.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Earlier in my life we had a house up at Tahoe, I noticed a loss of power, but nothing like the loss of power I notice these days as I drive south from Munich (c.2,000 ft) down into Italy on a long day's driving, in summer, by mid afternoon a turbo car is completely heat saturated, the car feels wacked and gutless.

R+C
Old 09-21-2007, 03:35 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
to say nothing of the way all the people from down under don't know **** 'cos all the blood rushes to their head - stands to reason dunnit?

must be why the kiwis and wallabies and boks and pumas are playing such an outstanding game of football.

people are confusing what happens with the water and what happens with the gas dissolved in the body

I'd been hoping the ABs would meet the frogs in the final, but it might be you guys now

R+C
For some reason, I just don't see the entertainment in watching a bunch of guys chasing a ball around a field. If a sport doesn't include wheels, and preferably a big engine, I just don't get it. Unless there's snow involved. Then for some reason I'm interested even without the wheels and engine.

I lived in California for 17 years (1986-2002). I worked with a bunch of Indian guys who would always come into my office to discuss the cricket matches between S. Africa and India or whoever. I would just sit there with a blank look on my face. They thought there was something wrong with me. I had a roommate who was a Miami Dolphins fan. The only arguments we ever had were about his damned TV constantly blaring on football games.

Maybe someday someone will explain to me why it's entertaining to watch a bunch of guys knocking ***** around a field??
Old 09-21-2007, 03:44 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
Earlier in my life we had a house up at Tahoe, I noticed a loss of power, but nothing like the loss of power I notice these days as I drive south from Munich (c.2,000 ft) down into Italy on a long day's driving, in summer, by mid afternoon a turbo car is completely heat saturated, the car feels wacked and gutless.

R+C
I used to ski at Squaw Valley pretty much every winter weekend for years. We used to drive up in my gf's Subaru Outback 2.5 n/a. It was slowish down in San Jose, and totally gutless in Truckee. They didn't make the turbo back then.

Yeah, n/a cars hate altitude, and Turbos hate heat.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
For some reason, I just don't see the entertainment in watching a bunch of guys chasing a ball around a field. If a sport doesn't include wheels, and preferably a big engine, I just don't get it. Unless there's snow involved. Then for some reason I'm interested even without the wheels and engine.

I lived in California for 17 years (1986-2002). I worked with a bunch of Indian guys who would always come into my office to discuss the cricket matches between S. Africa and India or whoever. I would just sit there with a blank look on my face. They thought there was something wrong with me. I had a roommate who was a Miami Dolphins fan. The only arguments we ever had were about his damned TV constantly blaring on football games.

Maybe someday someone will explain to me why it's entertaining to watch a bunch of guys knocking ***** around a field??
I'll see if I can get you some tix to the Monster Truck Pull that they run not far from here...after that we can go to Demolition Derby and top it off with a NASCAR (racing taxis)

Quick Reply: Turbo V RS