Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The rest of my RS clubsport package arrived..

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:00 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The rest of my RS clubsport package arrived..

seats (thought they were going to take 12 weeks?), seat rails, harnesses, fire bottle, etc( roll bar already in )....do you guys think I should intall it my self and save the time and effort to bring it in or let them do it?...
Old 09-04-2007, 10:26 PM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leif,

I cannot help you with the decision because I would not know how to install them.

But I would like to ask you about the different parts you received. My roll bar is in, and I have received the seats, brackets, and rails. My mechanic attempted to put them in on Friday night, but could not because of the regular seat belt anchors. There was nothing to attach them to the brackets. Even if he had found some bolts for them, they are too short, and would have stuck out inside the seat at a weird, and uncomfortable, angle. Did you get different belt buckles?

Also, after I called a dealership in France, I was told that the harness is a kit with all the necessary hardware. Is that the case? Where are you going to attach the sub-belts?

Maybe we can make this thread the ultimate one in terms of complete list of part numbers required to make the cars ROW. I called 1-800-PORSCHE today. The lady I spoke to told me she would get in touch with Germany to obtain the necessary information (I was quite surprised!). But maybe you already have all the info? Thanks, and good luck with the installation!

Armando
Old 09-04-2007, 11:23 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArticGT3
Leif,

I cannot help you with the decision because I would not know how to install them.

But I would like to ask you about the different parts you received. My roll bar is in, and I have received the seats, brackets, and rails. My mechanic attempted to put them in on Friday night, but could not because of the regular seat belt anchors. There was nothing to attach them to the brackets. Even if he had found some bolts for them, they are too short, and would have stuck out inside the seat at a weird, and uncomfortable, angle. Did you get different belt buckles?

Also, after I called a dealership in France, I was told that the harness is a kit with all the necessary hardware. Is that the case? Where are you going to attach the sub-belts?

Maybe we can make this thread the ultimate one in terms of complete list of part numbers required to make the cars ROW. I called 1-800-PORSCHE today. The lady I spoke to told me she would get in touch with Germany to obtain the necessary information (I was quite surprised!). But maybe you already have all the info? Thanks, and good luck with the installation!

Armando
Armando, I cannot take credit for the work that Roger from Georgia did in pulishing his well researched Club Sport parts list...it can be found under the thread: "finished clubsport package" or look under posts by Roger under the Rennlist name of ZBB0730....he also posted some very nice pics of his beautiful results...

Maybe Roger can take a few closeup pics of his sub belt installation site and the associated hardware?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:28 PM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Leif,

I have seen Roger's posts. I spoke to the service manager at his dealership who told me that the seats came with everything. It was not the case. If you look at Roger's pictures, you will see that the regular belt buckles do not come through the lap belt openings, contrary to what you can see on European cars (and which explains the indentation in the seats). Did you get different belt buckles? Thanks,

Armando
Old 09-05-2007, 05:42 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Armando,
different belt buckle needed.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Thanks! Does anyone have a part number, even if it's plagiarized from someone else's research efforts?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:40 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

I don't know much about your cars but if you get a different belt buckle and make it got through the lap belt hole, how will you be able to use the racing harness once at the track?? My belt buckle is on the outside of my 996 GT3 seats and I just buckle up over the side.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:46 AM
ArcticGT3
Racer

I kind of wonder myself. I assume that the lap belt is attached between the seat and the regular three point belt buckle. I have the same set up as you on my 996. The difference is that the 997 GT3 seats have an indentation on the inside side to give room to the belt buckle. I'll post pictures when I finally get it done.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:34 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
Armando, I cannot take credit for the work that Roger from Georgia did in pulishing his well researched Club Sport parts list...it can be found under the thread: "finished clubsport package" or look under posts by Roger under the Rennlist name of ZBB0730....he also posted some very nice pics of his beautiful results...

Maybe Roger can take a few closeup pics of his sub belt installation site and the associated hardware?
I'm still in France until next week. But, if you still need anything, post or pm and I'll get it for you when I return. (14th) Congrats!...can't wait to see the pics! Oh and BTW, it is costly but I would let Porsche do it if you have a good dealer up there. If something gets screwed up, then it gets fixed for free.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 09-05-2007, 01:37 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Leif,

I have seen Roger's posts. I spoke to the service manager at his dealership who told me that the seats came with everything. It was not the case. If you look at Roger's pictures, you will see that the regular belt buckles do not come through the lap belt openings, contrary to what you can see on European cars (and which explains the indentation in the seats). Did you get different belt buckles? Thanks,

Armando
Armando, Talk to James in the back. He did the actual install. Everything I had was ordered separately. Nothing came complete including the fire bottle. Also, I got my info straight from euro model car with the clubsport pack.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:35 PM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Rog,

I hope my fellow French people are treating you well!

Late last week, I spoke to Kurt at Porsche of Hilton Heads. He spoke to the person who installed your package - I guess James - who told him that everything came with the seats. I just spoke with someone at HMS, the Schroth importer, who told me that the lap belts attach to the little rectangular boxes on the side brackets. I don't have these rectangles, even though they were on my 996 seats. It looks like they may have been lost. I'll have them check that. I will let you know about the belt buckle. You might be interested.

A bientot et merci,

Armando

PS where in France are you right now?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:15 PM
tcracing
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct belt buckle numbers for the new seats are: 997.803.183.03 and .02
Old 09-05-2007, 03:39 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rog,

I hope my fellow French people are treating you well!

Late last week, I spoke to Kurt at Porsche of Hilton Heads. He spoke to the person who installed your package - I guess James - who told him that everything came with the seats. I just spoke with someone at HMS, the Schroth importer, who told me that the lap belts attach to the little rectangular boxes on the side brackets. I don't have these rectangles, even though they were on my 996 seats. It looks like they may have been lost. I'll have them check that. I will let you know about the belt buckle. You might be interested.

A bientot et merci,

Armando

PS where in France are you right now?
Merci Armando,
I always have a wonderful time here. My wife's family lives near Sens and we visit every year or two. Yes, please keep in touch concerning the belt buckle. Looks like a friend above had done some legwork with the part number. Thanks! Rog
Old 09-05-2007, 05:06 PM
ArcticGT3
Racer

A long time ago, my grand parents used to take us to the Hotel de Paris et Poste in Sens. They had (hopefully still do) the most wonderful boudin noir that they served skinned and then grilled. I'm sure your wife's family would know about it.

Concerning the belts, the work continues. I'll keep you posted.

Have a good time!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:06 PM
ArcticGT3
Racer

TCracing,

Thanks for the part numbers. I'm going to order them. Sorry for the OT above, but that boudin noir was really, really something special!

I was a little concerned by how much room would be left in the seat, but it looks like the buckle sticks out pretty high (I've been looking for ROW interior pics).

Armando

Quick Reply: The rest of my RS clubsport package arrived..