Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Danica Patrick drives the GT3 RS -Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand that she is not the only IRL driver that couldn't get a seat if she were a Man...who's also rumored to be afraid of the cars.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:50 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Finishing 4th at Indy is some kind of dig - she still placed above how many drivers? Am I the only one posting here that doesn't have sponsors?

BTW I read the full MT article tonite. The test was at Ford's Arizona Proving Grounds, comparing the RS, Z06, Viper, and LP640. The best south turn speeds for the cars 158, 152, 157, and 164mph respectively. The best straight speeds achieved 173, 177, 180, 191 respectively. She liked the LP640 best
Old 09-05-2007, 12:01 AM
N51
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racerron
I've known Patrick since her days in karting, when if it rained she would pack up and go home, right after throwing a hissy fit. Then get her father to call the organiser c@ck suckers. If it wasn't for Bobby Rahal and whatever she did for him, she wouldn't be driving in IRL, after all her best finish in Atlantic was a 2nd place....just one lucky one. So as for her opinion on the RS I would rather get Tiger Woods opinion on the best football cleats to buy. Her gender is the only thing that got her amd keeps her in the game. There are 100's of far better drivers flipping burgers for lack of sponsorship money. Just my 10cents. What happened to David Empringham, Michael Valiente, Joey Hand et al.......oh thats right, they aren't 5 feet tall and have to sit down to pee. and who won the 2005 Indy anyway, you know the one where Patrick finished 4th.
Yes, the politics of gender. Expect more of it.

Noah
Old 09-05-2007, 12:17 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Does she get to start from a different lap #?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:41 AM
turbodickie
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Danica Patrick could not drive a peg up a Billy goat's ***!!!!!! Good thing she is half way good looking isn't it.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:02 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

As cute as she is, she is a bit clueless as well. The rear end feeling is nothing else than the effect of a 2,000+ lbs rear end going through a bumpy high speed turn.

I liked her opinion about the Z06. Soft car that can't not handle more power without suspension and brake upgrades, that at the same time felt underpowered. That was funny.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:03 AM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by eclou
Does she get to start from a different lap #?
No she doesn't but her rise is based more so on marketing than talent. She does have talent, but a walk through the garage will tell you more than commercials and magazine covers.

More deserving drivers out there IMO. Until she wins, if she can at all....this will hang over her.

With respect to her RS test drive on a oval, please..... Paris Hilton, likes the Bently GT, whom gives a ****zky !!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:07 AM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Comments like these crack me up. Shes a professional race car driver vs. us (doctors, lawyers, retired dot com guys, etc). Yeah, she me not be the best, but I put money on her vs. any of us.

Its like when I hear laypeople give their "expert" opinions on medicine. Sorry, but the vast majority of people don't know WTF they are talking about.

Also, the fact that she gets a lot of press because she is an attractive women is true, but you ever think how hard it was for a women to get to her level?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,266 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by seattle_sun
Comments like these crack me up. Shes a professional race car driver vs. us (doctors, lawyers, retired dot com guys, etc). Yeah, she me not be the best, but I put money on her vs. any of us.

Its like when I hear laypeople give their "expert" opinions on medicine. Sorry, but the vast majority of people don't know WTF they are talking about.

Also, the fact that she gets a lot of press because she is an attractive women is true, but you ever think how hard it was for a women to get to her level?

Well said.

There are a lot of good drivers out there that can't get a ride due to lack of funds. The difference is that she got the money and others didn't. It's at every level of motorsports from Karts to Formula One.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 AM
McGarrett
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The more I hear her talk, the less I respect her. She seems to always be complaining.

I like to use Mark Martin or Peter Cunningham as a bench mark. Inteligent, admit when you are wrong, but criticize when need be and be honest.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 AM
mjb
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=McGarrett;4543535]The more I hear her talk, the less I respect her. She seems to always be complaining.

QUOTE]

Caught the qualifying at the Infineon IRL race a couple of weeks ago. First, it's obvious she figures into IRL marketing (such as it is) in a big way - no surprise there I guess given she is hot in a sorta tiny cute babe way. But checking out the action in the pits during qualifying she had a permanent scowl on her face, seemed to be constantly complaining, pissed off, etc., while it seemed some of the other drivers like Marco, Franchitti, et.al where more under control and loose. Man that chick must be unpleasant to be around to say the least.

In the MT segments it was funny how her "analysis" was so lame that the interviewer had to lead her to get some reasonable insight from her. But then again the whole test setup and approach for the review was worthless which is typical for MT.

All that being said tho she qualified on the front row at Infineon so she's plenty quick and even though there may be better drivers not getting to the dance she's certainly no embarrassment as a driver out there.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:22 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

If you read the full article in the mag, the basis of the comparison was to see/feel the difference in how the 4 cars Z06, RS, Murciealgo & viper put down power as they are all high speed supercars but vary in displacement and cylender count.

Coming from a pro driver, her description seemed so limited and non technical on all the cars, far less info than any of the other professional write ups on the car. She did favor the lambo, but owns the lesser model per the article.

I did the nascar oval, rental at Pocono a few weeks ago and found it so boring & simple after being used to driving DE events there on the infield course & even the bowl. Those cars are set up so much different & probably speed limited, it did not present any challange, yet my friends who never drove on a track were excited by it.

Danica Patrick's teammate Dario has two 08 RS cars on order, so there you go.

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Good point SML and she talked about how much torque was in the RS.
that was suprising.

Last edited by rop3; 09-05-2007 at 03:39 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:05 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by Racerron
Just my 10cents. What happened to David Empringham, Michael Valiente, Joey Hand et al.......
I had the pleasure of racing with Michael Valiente and Darryl O'Young back in the 90's, both were awesome to watch, especially Michael. As an aside, Darryl is now racing GT3 Cup cars in Asia and doing quite well at it.

Darryl's father Sam O'Young is a bit of an old-school Canadian racing legend. He was my race coach for several years and his son becoming a pro driver was his dream. As a parent, he put EVERYTHING into making that dream come true even though they weren't rich by any stretch of the imagination.

I hope Darryl makes it really, really big as it would be a fairy tale come true.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by seattle_sun
BIG 1+ there

face it guys, IRL has gone p***y to try to broaden appeal. Danika is fast on an empty track, but doesn't do well in traffic. The other two...well they have nice nails. It's like when they let Anika or Michelle play with the big boys on the PGA. They didn't win anything but got PR. IRL and Champ are near anonymous as racing goes and made a grave mistake splitting up. If they want to survive, they'll have to think about merging again. Meanwhile it's the WWF of racing.

On second thought, NASCAR is the WWF, these guys are like T&A or whatever that cheesy wrestling leauge is called.

Last edited by allegretto; 09-05-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 AM
naparsei
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I could finish 4th at Indy.

Quick Reply: Danica Patrick drives the GT3 RS -Video